1955 Bentley at salvage auction

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Not a typical vehicle for a salvage auction, which likely implies this Bentley has deep issues and looking for an uneducated buyer. If I had excess space and could purchase this for a under 3k I would buy just for fun. But it is almost at 5k, and with the auction tomorrow- the price will more likely go up.

Is it weird that I totally want that car? 🤣
I’m going with “yes”, what could you possibly do with that car either than oogle and lovingly wipe down? I’m too afraid to drive anything nice, all it’d do was sit in the garage. :)

But I get the sentiment, I have a few things just for satisfaction of having. Something of that elegance and refinement? I get it.

Like the speedometer.

Cadillac 472/500.
Thank you. I knew it wasn’t Chevy or Ford.

Makes sense, can’t put a regular ol’ 350 or 454 in a Bentley. The Caddy engine gives it some uniqueness while also having a good amount of torque for smooth easy riding. Used to see them in junkyards a lot.

Thank you. I knew it wasn’t Chevy or Ford.

Makes sense, can’t put a regular ol’ 350 or 454 in a Bentley. The Caddy engine gives it some uniqueness while also having a good amount of torque for smooth easy riding. Used to see them in junkyards a lot.
Fyi BB Chevy hedders will bolt up to a 472/500 with just a little work.

The Bentley did not meet the reserve, so back on the auction block for next week- which I suspect is good news for Astro?

The Bentley has a buy it now of $28,500. At that price, I would need a huge pre-purchase inspection. At a salvage auction, about 10 percent of the buy it now price seems about fair. There is a reason the Bentley is at a salvage auction and not a regular auction.

I also came across a 1994 Land Rover Defender on the salvage auction block today. The Defender has a clear title. Defender's are in super high demand- so for it selling with a clear title at a salvage auction means an extremely high likeliness of significant mechanical and other issues.

GON…Looking below in the ‘Similar Threads‘ section, I’m thinking you should change your screen name to ‘ Brave heart ‘….! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: GON
The Bentley did not meet the reserve, so back on the auction block for next week- which I suspect is good news for Astro?

The Bentley has a buy it now of $28,500. At that price, I would need a huge pre-purchase inspection. At a salvage auction, about 10 percent of the buy it now price seems about fair. There is a reason the Bentley is at a salvage auction and not a regular auction.

I also came across a 1994 Land Rover Defender on the salvage auction block today. The Defender has a clear title. Defender's are in super high demand- so for it selling with a clear title at a salvage auction means an extremely high likeliness of significant mechanical and other issues.

It is a RoW, RHD spec so I'd say 'limited-high demand':) But, still a cool toy. Actually, looks halfway decent, except the odo's aren't 'digital' and that appears to be a later spec 300 tdi, but I could be wrong. I would also guess that the mileage is in km's. '94 was the first year of the 300 tdi.

That Defender could be a fun project....RHD just makes tolls and drive thru's that much more exciting.

Back