If it only had a key, neat project car for high school student, 2008 Volvo C70 $425 ($743 after fees) a BIN at auction, Columbia SC

If it was a stick, I might take a chance. But with 160K, maybe they threw away the key because the timing belt broke.

Yes, that's a common tactic. Engine doesn't run, send it to the auction without the key.

Yes, that's a common tactic. Engine doesn't run, send it to the auction without the key.
Its a repo. All Titlemax repos go to auction. Yes, possible vehicle didn't run and they let it get repoed. But this was a title loan, so they most likely drove the car to the lender to get the loan.

Its a repo. All Titlemax repos go to auction. Yes, possible vehicle didn't run and they let it get repoed. But this was a title loan, so they most likely drove the car to the lender to get the loan.
I get it's a repo but before they go to auction the banks generally have a third party try and maximize value and getting a key made that proves the car runs is generally one of the steps.

Completely gut it and hope there's enough airflow from the front bumper to allow a boosted LS in there.

I get it's a repo but before they go to auction the banks generally have a third party try and maximize value and getting a key made that proves the car runs is generally one of the steps.
Not Titlemax...... They don't touch the vehicle, they more often than not don't even take a fast food bag out of the vehicle. Goes from tow truck driver to Auction house. The only thing Titlemax does is provide a title to the auction house, that is it.

After reading that story, I'm so glad my car uses a regular old fashioned metal key.
I was wrong, I was guessing this is how you started your car:

HighCrank_GettyImages-464473139.jpg

^^+1 on that one.
2005 Rangers came along whilst the GEM module (akin to any "central electronic" component) and instrument cluster were being relocated and redesigned.
The '05's are the only ones without PATS (Passive Anti-Theft System). Ergo, my keys are old fashioned too.

Gotta love that.
And no, I haven't read one word regarding 2005 Rangers being targeted by thieves.
....hope I didn't jynx it.

After reading that story, I'm so glad my car uses a regular old fashioned metal key.
I'm so glad my key fob will remote start the car and the car will then heat or cool as needed. If you don't have you don't know what you miss. It will also open the hatch or in case of my truck the tailgate.

AKL needs to be done on the bench with these otherwise they have the tool tied up for 9+ hours trying to dump it over obd. if you give them the cem and a good key it’s around 5-800 at a pro

Back