$101,000 USD 2022 F350- help me understand the seat quality.

It depends, my 2004 Ford Crown Victoria had all the wiring for cruise control, all I needed to do was add the servo under the hood and a steering wheel with cruise control switches. The more popular the option, the more likely it is that the wiring harness will have the wiring for it.
I’ll pipe up -

it’s a yes and no thing? for instance I added a tow controller, and that wiring was in place. The expected take rate is probably figured into wiring harness versions. And I’m pretty sure if I wanted factory upgraded bed lights, the plug is present in the trunk harness, and I’d just have to add the last 6’ or so. (I don’t, but I recall coming across it).

A local Ford dealer is selling this 2022 F350 for $101,900. With Washington state tax, I suspect this truck is over $110, 000 out the door.

What I can't understand is what I percieve of quality control of the front driver seat. At $110k, I would think the seat covering would be uniformly spread and passed a solid quality control process.

What value are people really getting for these well loaded trucks, over the same truck with basic cloth seats, etc. The quality of this seat really makes me wonder.

View attachment 136712View attachment 136711View attachment 136710
Quality is Job 1!!

Since the XL doesn't have a heated steering wheel from the factory- the poster couldn't add it.The wire wasn't there.

The point being is that it is not inherently plug and play from the factory.And there are two other parts required from Ford. The steering wheel is going to be very expensive.

Last edited:
I’ll pipe up -

it’s a yes and no thing? for instance I added a tow controller, and that wiring was in place. The expected take rate is probably figured into wiring harness versions. And I’m pretty sure if I wanted factory upgraded bed lights, the plug is present in the trunk harness, and I’d just have to add the last 6’ or so. (I don’t, but I recall coming across it).
That ( bed lights) is sold two ways after market. One is plugging in to an existing harness if you have the trailer tow package. The other is installing a pig tail if you don't have the trailer tow package. At least for the F150 late models.

I honestly wouldn't have even noticed the seat "defect" without reading thru the comments. The first warm day the leather will shrink and you won't even notice.

You wouldn't see a scratch in a fender while driving, willing to let that go as well? A new vehicle of any price should have zero cosmetic defects. For sure one that's $101k no matter what it is.
I agree 200%. A $100,000+ truck could at least come with leather seats that don't look used.

BMW and Mercedes buyers are going for quality

Pickup truck buyers are going for quantity
Can confirm. Sales guy couldn’t wrap his mind around me NOT wanting a bunch of luxury crap in my truck. Asked me no less than 5 times “are you sure? Your 300 has this or that!” I just wanted a 4x4 truck to throw my children in and I’m not afraid of it getting dirty/scratched/dented by them.

Can confirm. Sales guy couldn’t wrap his mind around me NOT wanting a bunch of luxury crap in my truck. Asked me no less than 5 times “are you sure? Your 300 has this or that!” I just wanted a 4x4 truck to throw my children in and I’m not afraid of it getting dirty/scratched/dented by them.

I'd be happy with AC, stereo with bluetooth, power windows, power locks and remote keyless entry. That's what my 1998 Nissan Frontier has, and I had to add the bluetooth stereo myself.

That's less than 1/2 the price of the posted truck. Poverty trim basically.
again gasoline motors in a 1 ton are for poors.

it’s not hard to understand that the truck posted is for real work and priced accordingly. people who spend the most time in a pickup truck will pay over msrp for the shiniest tool in the box.

Last edited:
Does anyone here remember when a truck was a truck? They were kind of small, had cloth seats, rubber floor mats, solid colour paint, a chrome front bumper, a straight 6 cylinder (or maybe a small V8), a manual transmission, and maybe a radio (AM only usually).

You hauled stuff in the box, drove it to a worksite carrying tools, and you ate your lunch in it under a shady tree - while listening to the radio. I'll bet they cost all of $4,000 and if you didn't abuse them they lasted 30 or 40 years.

If I was in the market for a truck, that's what I'd want.

I'd be happy with AC, stereo with bluetooth, power windows, power locks and remote keyless entry. That's what my 1998 Nissan Frontier has, and I had to add the bluetooth stereo myself.
That’s exactly what my Ram has and I don’t want it any other way. The chrome bumpers, V8, and limited slip diff were optional extras I got though.

Does anyone here remember when a truck was a truck? They were kind of small, had cloth seats, rubber floor mats, solid colour paint, a chrome front bumper, a straight 6 cylinder (or maybe a small V8), a manual transmission, and maybe a radio (AM only usually).

You hauled stuff in the box, drove it to a worksite carrying tools, and you ate your lunch in it under a shady tree - while listening to the radio. I'll bet they cost all of $4,000 and if you didn't abuse them they lasted 30 or 40 years.

If I was in the market for a truck, that's what I'd want.
When new trucks cost $4,000 I was making $4,000 a year.
My railroad pension is 25 times that after 42 years and 12,000 shifts.
I got a call back last week if I want to go back to work.
Tell me again why I shouldn't drive a new truck.

Well, they do have all of that except the drink order button is actually a massage button...

Six figure vehicle ought to have an 18 way adjustable seat, heated/cooled, and possibly with a button that I could push for when I want to place a drink order.

Back