$101,000 USD 2022 F350- help me understand the seat quality.

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
A local Ford dealer is selling this 2022 F350 for $101,900. With Washington state tax, I suspect this truck is over $110, 000 out the door.

What I can't understand is what I percieve of quality control of the front driver seat. At $110k, I would think the seat covering would be uniformly spread and passed a solid quality control process.

What value are people really getting for these well loaded trucks, over the same truck with basic cloth seats, etc. The quality of this seat really makes me wonder.

326547685_1278437459369966_8493466962157393812_n.jpg
326946807_520329433279139_8099203004699908195_n.jpg
326923697_607170241218541_6848698112284957601_n.jpg

What value are people really getting for these well loaded trucks, over the same truck with basic cloth seats, etc.
How else are you supposed to impress your coworkers and the neighbors you never speak to? Or tow that bumper pull Coleman camper that has only been out of the driveway twice in three years?

Could just be the angle the photo was taken from, but look at how poorly aligned the driver side front and rear doors are at the top. Also compare the panel gaps at the tops of the doors on the white truck behind it. In the interior pic facing the steering wheel... is the bottom of the hinge area the correct gray and the top a dark blue/purpley color, or am I seeing things?

How else are you supposed to impress your coworkers and the neighbors you never speak to? Or tow that bumper pull Coleman camper that has only been out of the driveway twice in three years?

Could just be the angle the photo was taken from, but look at how poorly aligned the driver side front and rear doors are at the top. Also compare the panel gaps at the tops of the doors on the white truck behind it.
Yes, I am blown away at what the pictures show. Seems like getting a bare bones F350, if one can find one, is a much better value than the loaded F350. The interior of the basic XL/XLT might actually be of better long term quality than this platinum build.

Could just be the angle the photo was taken from, but look at how poorly aligned the driver side front and rear doors are at the top. Also compare the panel gaps at the tops of the doors on the white truck behind it. In the interior pic facing the steering wheel... is the bottom of the hinge area the correct gray and the top a dark blue/purpley color, or am I seeing things?

Thanks for mentioning this. I thought I was just seeing things. The color part I don’t see and that might be the lighting but on the instrument panel I see a misaligned fitting at the 1700 position relative to the steering wheel. Also it looks like stains on the door panel near the bottom on the hinge side. As for the door alignment I saw that too. Also a small fitting defect on the steering wheel at its 1500 position where the button assembly meets the leather.

Six figure vehicle ought to have an 18 way adjustable seat, heated/cooled, and possibly with a button that I could push for when I want to place a drink order.

That it has a wrinkle in it, just sitting there, and worse, some sort of raised metal logo plate thingamabob right at base of neck level... ick. Also, at this level, shouldn't the seat buckle retract, so that you don't see it, until you pull out the seat belt, then it magically pushes itself forward for usage? Otherwise it's just an eyesore...

At least they got the column shifter right, it is a truck after all.

HELP ME UNDERSTAND the existence of these vehicles:

Mostly business leases. My boss gets a new one every three to four years. He’s been waiting for his new F350 for like a year now so he bought a 100k Duramax Denali just before Christmas to tie him over until the new Ford comes. He knows he can sell the GMC for what he paid or more.

HELP ME UNDERSTAND the existence of these vehicles:

According to Kelley Blue Book figures as of October 2022, the average sale price of a new full-size pickup truck is $63,231, up 9.4 percent over last year, and nearly $9500 more than the average price of an entry-level luxury car.

Why are Americans so willing to spend luxury-car prices on pickups from mainstream brands while the same product from a premium nameplate flops? Lincoln’s Blackwood and Mark LT couldn’t make it more than four collective model years while every Ford King Ranch that rolls off the line has a willing buyer.

There might be an anthropological explanation for this phenomenon. Hear me out: We Americans like trucks—and luxury trucks, in the proper context—in concert with our country’s deep-rooted Protestant work ethic.........................................................................................................................................................................
............................................Dominant historical American values disapprove of outward forms of luxury. Outward luxuries, that is. But when it comes to inward luxuries, like the “Heated and Ventilated Leather Front Bucket Seats with Active Motion” available on the 2022 F-150 Platinum, that’s another story. As long it has a bed, wears a Ford badge on the hood, and looks enough like the base model, it might as well be the Waldorf Astoria inside. A luxury truck is a rational purchase so long as it stays a Ford, Ram, Chevy, or even a GMC. An Escalade EXT pickup? Well, that’s just showing off.

Back