$101,000 USD 2022 F350- help me understand the seat quality.

Just change the truck brand from Ford to Snap-On and you would understand.

Remember the Eddie Bauer editions?

I'd be happy with AC, stereo with bluetooth, power windows, power locks and remote keyless entry. That's what my 1998 Nissan Frontier has, and I had to add the bluetooth stereo myself.
Ahh ... yes, well as you said, you wont be eating cat food at age 70. I dont plan on it either.

Nothing wrong with an expensive truck, boat, car or plane if one is writing a check from their check book or have the reserves and it's a well planned purchase. But lets face it, with the length of an auto loan now exceeding 60, 72, 84 months instead of 36 we can acknowledge that corporations have figured out how to get into the brains of the masses and extract as much money possible from the family budget. It's REALLY an amazing science and it IS a science that has advanced jsut as much as any science and more over the last 60 years.

There is something wrong that we are not teaching, making mandatory finance classes in high school. Kids barely get out of high school now before they start making bad choices and become indebted to banks and corporations.

I almost purchased a full-size diesel truck back when I was deciding on the SS. My GF didn’t want to climb in to a truck, so I opted for the SS. There are times when I wish I had a Cummins diesel, but I can’t swing a $100K loan.

Last edited:
A few comments that this is typical of all leather seats, Mercedes, etc.

Below please see pictures from the following:
Tobacco colored- 2012 Mercedes with 135k miles, flood salvage title
Black colored- 2005 Mercedes with 230k miles, flood salvage title

And for the record- right now- this very moment, I own three, yes three F350s. Two XLTs, and one Lariat. One is a regular cab, one is a super cab, and one is a crew cab. And I have purchased replacement leather seat coveres and foam for the Lariat. The XLTs are cloth, and those seats are just fine.

No excuse for a 100k+ vehicle to have poor materials and/ or craftsmanship in the front seats, of all things. And regrettably, this is something Ford seems to not care so much about, this has been a very long term issue with Ford seats in full size trucks and full size suvs.

PXL_20230125_035307108.jpg
PXL_20230125_035256170.jpg
PXL_20230125_035352261.jpg

No excuse for a 100k+ vehicle to have poor materials and/ or craftsmanship in the front seats, of all things. And regrettably, this is something Ford seems to not care so much about, this has been a very long term issue with Ford seats in full size trucks and full size suvs.

It looks like the F-350 in the OP had something set on the seat at some point causing that indentation. Not sure if it happened between seat production and being installed in the truck, during shipping, or at the dealer.

I wouldn't use Mercedes seats as an example of quality, every E350 I see has a split seam on the front seats by 80k.

image_9cab5cef6e8bd9bff9085a019b4e9caaad892958.jpeg

It looks like the F-350 in the OP had something set on the seat at some point causing that indentation. Not sure if it happened between seat production and being installed in the truck, during shipping, or at the dealer.

I wouldn't use Mercedes seats as an example of quality, every E350 I see has a split seam on the front seats by 80k.

View attachment 137060
that’s modern mbtex

A few comments that this is typical of all leather seats, Mercedes, etc.

Below please see pictures from the following:
Tobacco colored- 2012 Mercedes with 135k miles, flood salvage title
Black colored- 2005 Mercedes with 230k miles, flood salvage title

And for the record- right now- this very moment, I own three, yes three F350s. Two XLTs, and one Lariat. One is a regular cab, one is a super cab, and one is a crew cab. And I have purchased replacement leather seat coveres and foam for the Lariat. The XLTs are cloth, and those seats are just fine.

View attachment 137058View attachment 137057View attachment 137056
To me it is very simple. If manufacturer wants to use the very cheapest excuse for what they likely list as "premium leather" seating on the invoice, well he cant expect someone to happily part with over $100,00 to $110,000..... Got to provide at least something special to the person who is paying that kind of money.

Last edited:
Back