$101,000 USD 2022 F350- help me understand the seat quality.

Going back to the original question, what is the problem with the seats? The waves or gathers in the leather? That is normal. Leather i#nt elastic and isn’t going to fit tightly like rubber.

Yes, it's the leather. Look at a $100k BMW or Mercedes to compare the quality.
They look like that new. Give it a few months and you’ll see the same issues with abrasion and stretching. Leather does that. I truly prefer cloth and wish there were premium cloth options. We have been made to think leather = luxury when it really is a poor choice for upholstery in a car.

Don't get me wrong, they are nice trucks. Powerful, smooth, nice interiors. You can barely even hear the 6.7L diesel, and they have gobs of torque, but it is in no way a luxury vehicle. You'll know after the first rough road you drive it on. More like a tool or piece of equipment to get a job done, not a comfort cruiser.
I can guarantee you it rides better than my Tacoma!

My dads 2022 expedition had a similar thing with one of the rear seats.

I’m really not a “leather” seat fan in plain jane brands of vehicles. Even our 2022 4R leaves me with something to be desired on the seats. Lots of people upgrade them apparently.

Why does it cost $100k? We used to sell f350s in comparable trim for around $65k. Mustang GTs stripped out could go for 30k...relatively close to todays price.

You wouldn't see a scratch in a fender while driving, willing to let that go as well? A new vehicle of any price should have zero cosmetic defects. For sure one that's $101k no matter what it is.

I do not see that as quite the same - it is a leather seat its going to show marks and wear and stretch ... A few wrinkles in a leather seat is not a cosmetic defect.

There's an ass for every seat, that was the saying we used back when I was selling cars. That dealership must think there's an ass for that seat as well.

Either they sold it or they are charging like a 20 or 30,000 ADM because the most expensive on on the website is 89 (they only have 3)

The 23's are out or coming and they have changes... so they may have to let this one go for less.

Franky if you look hard enough i bet you can find something wrong with any new car or truck... or maybe i'm just jaded by construction materials which arrive pre-bent/damaged, scratched and so forth...

I think we’ve finally hit the point where ordering a base model, or the next step up, and then upgrading it yourself via the aftermarket is going to be less expensive.

I’m done with pickups after driving one since I got my license. They are requiring stupid amounts of money, and I don’t really need one. My minivan can pull a trailer.

Yes, the quality of a 6 figure vehicle should be much better than that for sure.

D
I think we’ve finally hit the point where ordering a base model, or the next step up, and then upgrading it yourself via the aftermarket is going to be less expensive.

I’m done with pickups after driving one since I got my license. They are requiring stupid amounts of money, and I don’t really need one. My minivan can pull a trailer.

Yes, the quality of a 6 figure vehicle should be much better than that for sure.
Depends on the wiring harness. For example on the Nissan Titan all the wiring harness were the same across all trim levels, thus upgrading interior accessories/ brake controller, etc., can be easy. If the harness is not the same it's not really practical.

HELP ME UNDERSTAND the existence of these vehicles:
it’s for when you make money and need to upgrade from a clapped out ram. slap the gooseneck on and go to work in comfort

if you’re living in a truck you don’t want have the poor model. that’s for company drivers not owner operators

Last edited:
No, and I knew I wouldn’t be able to. The heat has another connector in the wheel
I know it's a different vehicle but with how "modular" these are, is it really not possible ? There's a guy on a Fusion forum that swapped in a heated steering wheel on a trim that didn't offer it. I didn't read the guide in-depth but frequently it just req'd swapping in a different harness/connector.

You ever browse any F-series forums looking for more information ? Then again, I see you're in the southeast (US ??) so you might not care about that option ! 😂

Back