1.6 TGDI big turbo recommendation

Yea, open diff with even 200hp/200 tq is getting close max. Look into a LSD , they are not that much money and rally a must for FWD street racer. Why is that in North America, we ALWAYS get screwed and never seem to get the nice high perf stuff. Same thing Hyundai has a cheaper i20 N that is goes head to head with the Fiesta ST. Why is that not here in the USA? You just have a more spirited/lighter internals engine and are a hundred # lighter.

i have looked into them, and since the tranny needs to be dropped as well as a LSD purchase, its not a cheap option. i do all my work myself and i dont have the knowledge yet to do the LSD upgrade on my own and i wont pay someone else to do it :). with the stock turbo powerband it was always a fight to keep the tires from spinning, but now i only spin the tires in the rain at WOT, and thats why i chose the S280 over a hybrid turbo. it completely changed the power delivery and it was the main contributing factor for going "big" turbo as opposed to a hybrid as well as less heat and flowing more lb/min

yeaup at 2760 lbs it scoots along just fine. i dont know many cars that will be better in the corners at this price point, especially being lowered with chassis mounts and such.

ended up snagging castrol 0w40 at wallyworld. should do just fine for 7-8k OCI.

Got any figures or videos about the cornering? just interested.
talking about the fiesta? if so, i mean for reference i can manage single-lane roundabouts at 45-50 mph but thats pushing it lol. lift-off oversteer is a blast if done properly

Depends on the size of the roundabouts of course. but more interested in cornering speeds and G than in drag racing myself...
oh i thought the single-lane data point was a good size indicator? i dont remember mentioning drag racing haha :unsure:

I'm not in america, and roundabouts can vary a lot in size, from full lock to a 150ft radius.
AH, pardon my assumption. In NA, we basically have two sizes of "standard" roundabouts, one lane and two lane.

There is API SP Quaker State Euro 5W-40 at most Walmarts now. Some still have old stock with API SN+. It's good stuff, and it should offer you plenty of protection and a nice additive pack.
Yeah that's what I run in my gmc's but the thread starter stated 5w-30 and I didn't want to start a thick or thin conflict on the Lord's day so I didn't recommend Quaker state euro 5w-40 although its cheap and amazing for the price it's a very thin 40 at that though.

Lspi would be a concern if you were lugging the car around, but I am pretty confident you aren't lol. I'd stick with the amsoil ss (my go to for turbo 4 and 6cyl).

Lspi would be a concern if you were lugging the car around, but I am pretty confident you aren't lol. I'd stick with the amsoil ss (my go to for turbo 4 and 6cyl).
yeaup, i think i got in my head a little too much on the whole LSPI concern.

a nice little hot rod! vid says mechanical Diff, maybe not in USA but much needed to handle torque steer!! as time goes on more support may become available which is a BIG plus for VAG cars + whenever upgrading a proper tune is key for performance + longevity.

With regards to oil choice, I would be more interested in thermal stability of the oil, since low speed pre-ignition wouldn't be an issue.

Yeah that's what I run in my gmc's but the thread starter stated 5w-30 and I didn't want to start a thick or thin conflict on the Lord's day so I didn't recommend Quaker state euro 5w-40 although its cheap and amazing for the price it's a very thin 40 at that though.

It's the same oil you would use in a Ferrari. It's good stuff.

a nice little hot rod! vid says mechanical Diff, maybe not in USA but much needed to handle torque steer!! as time goes on more support may become available which is a BIG plus for VAG cars + whenever upgrading a proper tune is key for performance + longevity.
thanks. almost done with the tune revisions. i will sample and test the 0w40 in 8k miles

i couldnt find that but i did find castrol 0w40, a decent oil as far as i understand it.

i couldnt find that but i did find castrol 0w40, a decent oil as far as i understand it.
Castrol 0w-40 is good stuff too but for its higher price Id rather completly destroy the engine a with a cheaper but massively thicker 5w-40 instead.... :)

Back