0w16 for a new Prius?

It looks like the redesigned Prius will be delayed to the model year 2024. This could delay the redesigned Prius Prime to the model year 2025. The Gen 4 Prius is by far the longest-running Prius generation. It is certainly the best generation as well, and the 2021 Prius Prime refresh substantially improved upon the 2020 Prius Prime I had before. It's definitely not worth a two-to-three-year wait for the next generation.

Oh man that sucks. Gonna have to think it more. I was hoping deep down the new Priuses would have solid state batteries but not very likely or possibly tesla 4680 cells as it's rumored that tesla and Toyota are sharing tech for electric vehicles and Toyota was interested in their batteries because of cost, density, and performance. That's why i was really wanting to wait. If Toyota can add more battery pack size while also using much higher density batteries with better input and output efficiency it would be amazing. I also believe the Priuses aren't direct injected but the corolla, Camry, and others are. Although i don't like DI because of reliability I'm confident Toyota can make it bulletproof so if they can id accept its higher efficiency. And the new ones are projected to look a lot better. It's supposedly gonna look like a reversed cuv Toyota venza which id happily accept. The new venza looks sharp ive seen one already. id love that in sedan size over the outgoing one. Both priuses irk a bit but i dont care too much but its a factor to me. food for thought so ill think about it more. Thanks for the info.

Oh man that sucks. Gonna have to think it more. I was hoping deep down the new Priuses would have solid state batteries but not very likely or possibly tesla 4680 cells as it's rumored that tesla and Toyota are sharing tech for electric vehicles and Toyota was interested in their batteries because of cost, density, and performance. That's why i was really wanting to wait. If Toyota can add more battery pack size while also using much higher density batteries with better input and output efficiency it would be amazing. I also believe the Priuses aren't direct injected but the corolla, Camry, and others are. Although i don't like DI because of reliability I'm confident Toyota can make it bulletproof so if they can id accept its higher efficiency. And the new ones are projected to look a lot better. It's supposedly gonna look like a reversed cuv Toyota venza which id happily accept. The new venza looks sharp ive seen one already. id love that in sedan size over the outgoing one. Both priuses irk a bit but i dont care too much but its a factor to me. food for thought so ill think about it more. Thanks for the info.
The first commercial solid-state EV batteries, which will be made by QuantumScape, will debut on Volkswagen EVs in 2024. They use a ceramic oxide solid-state electrolyte/separator protected as a trade secret and by patents.

Toyota has been working on a sulfide solid-state electrolyte/separator, which has a better ionic conductivity than a ceramic oxide one, but solid-state batteries with a sulfide electrolyte/separator are well known not to be practical because they require high temperature, and/or high pressure, and/or low current density. It is very unlikely that Toyota will ever be able to develop their own solid-state batteries using the sulfide solid-state electrolyte/separator technology they have been working on. Therefore, don't expect any solid-state-battery-powered Toyotas until late 2020s, and they will outsourced. They can source conventional lithium-ion batteries from various sources.

I actually like the looks of the Prius Prime a lot but not the looks of the non-plug-in Gen 4 Prius.

Back