0W-20 Oil Shortage at local Wal-Mart anyone else notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been shopping for some 0W-20 at Walmart for my 5.3 GM motor and it seems there is a shortage. They had plenty of other weights but only Chevron in the 6 quart jugs and Supertech in the 12 quart pack. This has been over the past few months I've noticed the shortages. I wonder why it's not affecting other weights as bad as 0w-20?

I was in wally world yesterday and all SuperTech weights were stacked deep.... including 0w20.

Now.... good flippin luck finding any main-line brand on their shelves in 0w20.

Maybe its a regional thing.

Regional issue?

Can you order online with walmart? I think it is free shipping over $35. Buy 2-3 changes worth at a time, and keep an eye on your local store. When i. stock again, just cycle through your stock, buy one as you use.

I've been shopping for some 0W-20 at Walmart for my 5.3 GM motor and it seems there is a shortage. They had plenty of other weights but only Chevron in the 6 quart jugs and Supertech in the 12 quart pack. This has been over the past few months I've noticed the shortages. I wonder why it's not affecting other weights as bad as 0w-20?
5W20 should work just fine.

What state?

download.jpeg

Just use 5w-20 or a 30 grade. It'll be juuust fine.

Regional issue?

Can you order online with walmart? I think it is free shipping over $35. Buy 2-3 changes worth at a time, and keep an eye on your local store. When i. stock again, just cycle through your stock, buy one as you use.
They changed this recently. There is free shipping on all orders now but there is a $5 fee for less than $35

The other day I was at Costco kirkland 0w-20 plentiful at least over 40 boxes of 2jugs in one box(10 quarts) that's in Melrose Park.Il.Still 29.99 per box. I picked up two for lexus/toyota oil change soon.

I was in Walmart the other day, guy had every 10qt box of Mobil 1 already in his cart. I jokingly asked him if I missed out on a clearance sale. He replied that he owned a shop and WM was the cheapest place for him to buy Mobil 1 so he stocks up periodically. I suspect a lot of the inventory gaps at our Wallymart are due to this type of buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back