0W-20 Oil Shortage at local Wal-Mart anyone else notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walmart’s near me have been out of Valvoline EP 0w-20 for weeks… Really want to pick one up before the rebate expires.

Thank goodness I have 3-4 years worth of 0W-20 in my stash! :)
I do as well. Sold a car that used it a year ago...and my truck is getting few miles. I gave a friend 4 jugs of the 5 w 20 mobil 1 as he has helped me a lot with winter projects.

Fwiw, our TLE shop hasn't been able to get much 0w20 bulk boxes at all (not even the Supertech). Down to 2 boxes of Castrol Edge and 4 of Mobil1

In Chicago, IL, I'm seeing big brand name shortages of 0w20, not all but some like Mobil 1, and others. I'm trying to get a stash of 0w20 going now before the inflation goes up.

In Chicago, IL, I'm seeing big brand name shortages of 0w20, not all but some like Mobil 1, and others. I'm trying to get a stash of 0w20 going now before the inflation goes up.

I think you’re a bit late to the stocking up party. A good stash takes years in the making when the prices are $1-2 a quart. Who pays retail for oil?! 🤦🏻‍♂️

I've been shopping for some 0W-20 at Walmart for my 5.3 GM motor and it seems there is a shortage. They had plenty of other weights but only Chevron in the 6 quart jugs and Supertech in the 12 quart pack. This has been over the past few months I've noticed the shortages. I wonder why it's not affecting other weights as bad as 0w-20?

🧐 What’s wrong with the Chevron or Supertech 0w20? 🤨

I won’t even get into the 5w20, 30, etc as an option… other posts have already covered that. 😆

I just checked online and all major brands of 0w20 were available for pickup at my nearest Wally’s with the exception of Quaker State which had a three day availability.

I think you’re a bit late to the stocking up party. A good stash takes years in the making when the prices are $1-2 a quart. Who pays retail for oil?! 🤦🏻‍♂️
I'm not, I have sold my stash of other weights and used that money to buy 0w20 EP oil on discounts, here and there.

If I couldn't find anything else, I'd have no problem with Supertech 0w20.

However, has OP tried an auto store? Their shelves are packed. So you pay a little more, big deal. I was at Advance Auto yesterday and their shelves were 100% stocked with M1, Valvoline, PP, Castrol, and others.

I've also found that my local WM has had 0w20 M1 EP coming in somewhat steadily, even though not enough to restock the shelves. I picked up 2 5 quart jugs just last week.

Santa's reindeer drink 0w20...Supertech gives them the runs...Rudolph just drinks Scotch.
With all that mileage and stop/starting they do in one night, they use a lot of oil.
Just wait a few weeks for new supply.

Santa's reindeer drink 0w20...Supertech gives them the runs...Rudolph just drinks Scotch.
With all that mileage and stop/starting they do in one night, they use a lot of oil.
Just wait a few weeks for new supply.
Its also the jack rabbit starts followed by prolonged idling while the big guy guzzles milk and scarfs cookies.

I was in Walmart the other day, guy had every 10qt box of Mobil 1 already in his cart. I jokingly asked him if I missed out on a clearance sale. He replied that he owned a shop and WM was the cheapest place for him to buy Mobil 1 so he stocks up periodically. I suspect a lot of the inventory gaps at our Wallymart are due to this type of buyer.
Same way with Motorcraft 5w-20 5 qt jugs. That shelf is always stripped.

I have used FL910S filters from Walmart for years. Wife’s car, my Focus, son’s Bronco and our Explorer use these. None of the 3 local Walmarts have any on shelves. I ordered 10 from Walmart online last Sunday night and they were delivered to my house Tuesday. Strange that they have them, but none in stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back