Updates to my 2002 3/4 Ton Chevy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice truck . the black wheels look fine . But if you do not like them , you can always paint them .

Did you say which engine it has ?

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Nice truck . the black wheels look fine . But if you do not like them , you can always paint them .

Did you say which engine it has ?

6.0/4L80E 4.10 gears. 53,000 miles.

Originally Posted by ls1mike

Last year, still looks just like this.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

20.gif

Originally Posted by maxdustington
20.gif

The lack of rust out here is amazing. I don't know if people realize that most of Wa is rust free. If your car lives on the coast it might be an exception, but very rare.

Looks great ! Glad you kept it. Black wheels are fine, it sets your ride apart from the rest in a tasteful way.

I wouldn't change a thing..well the only thing I would suggest is talking to the folks at http://www.blackbearperformance.com/ . You can keep all the reliability but increase the fuel economy/power/response with the traditional tune. I have it on my truck with the same engine and it made it a new experience. I wouldn't go back having driven the goodness.

Originally Posted by Smokescreen
Looks great ! Glad you kept it. Black wheels are fine, it sets your ride apart from the rest in a tasteful way.

I wouldn't change a thing..well the only thing I would suggest is talking to the folks at http://www.blackbearperformance.com/ . You can keep all the reliability but increase the fuel economy/power/response with the traditional tune. I have it on my truck with the same engine and it made it a new experience. I wouldn't go back having driven the goodness.

I had a dyno tune done like 5 years ago and did some stuff to torque converter. It certainly helped.

Having said that I have not hear one bad thing about black bear performance. Ever.

I bought some taillights for my 89 off amazon three years ago and haven't had any issues with them at all. They were so faded you could hardly see them during a sunny day,.

I like the black wheels on that color of truck, if it was white then not so much.

Funny thing is, OP's truck is literally lower mileage and more rust free than my 2016 GMC 1500. 14 year newer truck, significantly more frame rust already.

Back in the 70s on a quiet night you could hear the Chevs rust. They would even rust on the show room floor if it was raining outside.
Now they come with a no-rust warranty.

Nice truck.

I'm in the same camp with my Dakota. It has 62k on it and the only rust is in the bed from where the plastic drop-in liner trapped water. I plan to patch that before winter. The prior owner oil sprayed every year so the frame is in great shape. Solid doors and rockers.

I eye up the Colorados, Tacomas and Silverados but I cannot justify their asking prices. I use my truck for runs to the dump, driving in deep snow storms (I have winter tires for it), towing my boat 9 miles to the lake and maybe to a few distant lakes no further than 120 miles away, and that's about it. I do drive it at least once a week to keep things lubricated and charged.

I think I put maybe 4k on it in the past year. It's kind of an oddball setup being 4x4 but having the 4.7L V8 with a manual transmission. It's actually kind of fun to drive.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back