Pretty ships in world of warships

Time for 2 new additions to the fleet.

Have added the new Italian(IRN) Premium T8 BB Roma as well as my 1st new standard tech tree ship in quite a while the German(KM) T9 BB Friedrich der Grosse. With the addition of the Musashi, Roma, and FDG my Free XP and credit reserves are pretty well shot after buying, upgrading, and outfitting them all. Need to get some games played to rebuild.

The Roma is one of the most famous Italian BB's of the WW2 era despite never taking part in any action. It was actually sunk by German Bombers while it was enroute to be turned over to the Allies by the Italian Admiral on board after Mussolini had been deposed and Italy was switching sides. The FDG is a ship that was put down on paper during WW2 (ship class designated H39) but never built. It was supposed to be the next evolution of the Bismarck class of Battleships. None of the H39 ships were ever named either so the FDG name, used on other German warships in the past, was chosen by WG.

Roma as a Premium ship comes in it's final form. I fully upgraded the FDG so it is in it final form as well. Stats for each and port shots below. 1st battle results when I can...

Ship: RN ROMA
Nation: Italian Royal Navy (IRN)
Tier: 8 Premium
Ship Type: Battleship(BB)
Survivability(HP): 65,400 HP
Armor: 13-380MM / 40% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 30.0 knots
Rudder Shift: 12.5 seconds
Turning Radius: 810m
Detection By Sea: 13.0km
Detection By Air: 12.0km
Detection When Firing In Smoke: 13.7km

Main Armament: 3X3 381MM (2 turrets front/1 rear)
Main Gun Range: 18.1km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 2.0 shots per min ROF / 30.0 seconds RL
180 Degree Turret Rotation: 26.9 seconds
Shell Dispersion @ Max Range: 227m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 12,000 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 5100 (24% chance of fire)

Secondary Guns:
90MM = 12X1 (dual purpose)
152MM = 4X3

Secondary Gun Range:
All = 6.3km

Secondary Gun Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL):
90MM = 16.66shots per min ROF / 3.6 seconds RL (dual purpose)
152MM = 5.55 shots per min ROF / 10.8 seconds RL

Secondary Gun Shell Type:
90MM = High Explosive(HE) (dual purpose)
152MM = Armor Piercing(AP)

Anti Aircraft Defense(AA):
20MM = 16X2
37MM = 4X1
37MM = 8X2
90MM = 12X1 (dual purpose)
Overall AA Rating = 72

Mounted Modules:
Slot 1 = Main Armaments Modification 1 (helps protect against main/secondary/AA guns and torpedo tubes being damaged)
Slot 2 = Damage Control Systems Modification 1 (reduces risk of fire and flooding)
Slot 3 = Aiming Systems Modification 1 (-7% main gun dispersion / -5% secondary gun dispersion / +5% secondary gun range)
Slot 4 = Steering Gears Modification 2 (reduces rudder shift by 20%)
Slot 5 = Concealment System Modification 1 (-10% to detection range and +5% to enemy gun dispersion)

Camo:
Roma comes with it's own Type 10 Roma permanent camo. You can also purchase a second permanent camo; Kobayashi-Roma. I have chosen not to purchase the Kobayashi-Roma camo at this time as it is so darned UGLY it is not funny. It gives excellent bonuses but just couldn't stand to look at it. Might change my mind later but for now YUCK and no thanks. The Roma's regular perma camo provides the following benefits...

-3% Detectability Range By Sea
+4% Dispersion to Enemy Guns
-10% Post Battle Service Fee
+50% XP Earned

Mounted Consumables: (*)
Damage Control Party (stops fires and flooding + repairs damage to main/secondary/AA guns and torpedo tubes)
Repair Party Repair Party (heals back some of the damage taken)
Spotter Plane (ship launched Spotter Plane - increases main gun range while active) (**)

* - consumables are manually activated special features. They have a limited active time then require a recharge period (sometimes lengthy) before you can use them again. All consumables have a premium version (II) available that cost resources and have to be purchased for each battle. The standard versions (I) are free and come mounted by default.

** - Roma has the option to mount a Spotter Plane - OR - a Catapult Fighter Plane in the same slot. I have chosen the Spotter Plane. Catapult Fighters are not very good and the increased visibility and firing range of the Spotter Plane while it is active is of more use usually. Roma's AA is not great but it is good enough that the fighter won't provide as much benefit as the spotter will.

Captain:
I am using the only Italian BB Capt I have on Roma (at this time there are only 2 Italian BB's in game and both are the Premiums I have so I don't have a lot of Captains or a high point one to use). It is the Capt I have been using on the Italian T5 BB Giulio Cesare. The Capt has 12 points. The points are assigned as follows...

1pt = Priority Target (let's you know when you are targeted and by how many)
1pt = Incoming Fire Alert (let's you know when a ship targeting you shoots)
1pt = Preventative Maintenance (-30% chance of main guns, secondary guns, and AA guns being damaged or destroyed)
2pt = Expert Marksman (increase rotation speed of main gun turrets)
3pt = Basic Fire Training (decreases reload time of secondary guns and increases damage output of the AA guns)
4pt = Advanced Fire Training (increases the range of both secondary and AA guns)

IRN T8 Premium BB Roma w/ Type 10 Roma Permanent Camo's (Port = Black Sea Anniversary):

atBs4Zs.jpg

7VdVXZ5.jpg

WIErlY4.jpg

XEME9BJ.jpg

c3GaQfs.jpg

ZJrQdQI.jpg

_________________________________________________________________________________

Ship: KMS FRIEDRICH DER GROSSE
Nation: German Navy (KM)
Tier: 9
Survivability(HP): 84,300 HP
Armor: 19-400MM / 27% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Rudder Shift: 14.0 seconds
Turning Radius: 940m
Detection By Sea: 15.1km
Detection By Air: 14.4km
Detection When Firing In Smoke: 16.8km

Main Armament: 4X2 420MM (2 turrets front/2 rear)
Main Gun Range: 20.3km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 2.12 shots per min ROF / 28.2 seconds RL
180 Degree Turret Rotation: 32.8 seconds
Shell Dispersion @ Max Range: 265m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 13,500 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 5000 (41% chance of fire)

Secondary Guns:
105MM = 8X2 (dual purpose)
150MM = 6X2

Secondary Gun Range:
All = 10.9km

105MM = 20.0 shots per min ROF / 3.0 seconds RL (dual purpose)
150MM = 8.82 shots per min ROF / 6.8 seconds RL

105MM = High Explosive(HE) (dual purpose)
150MM = High Explosive(HE)

20MM = 6X4
37MM = 26X2
105MM = 8X2 (dual purpose)
Overall AA Rating = 89

Mounted Modules:
Slot 1 = Main Armaments Modification 1 (helps protect against main/secondary/AA guns and torpedo tubes being damaged)
Slot 2 = Damage Control Systems Modification 1 (reduces risk of fire and flooding)
Slot 3 = Secondary Battery Modification 2 (-20% secondary gun dispersion / +20% secondary gun range)
Slot 5 = Concealment System Modification 1 (-10% to detection range and +5% to enemy gun dispersion)
Slot 6 = Main Battery Modification 3 (-12% to main gun reload / +13% main gun turret rotation)

Camo:
I have purchased the KMS Friedrich der Grosse's Type 19 permanent camo. The camo provides the following benefits...

-20% Post Battle Service Fee
+100% XP Earned

Damage Control Party (stops fires and flooding + repairs damage to main/secondary/AA guns and torpedo tubes)
Spotter Plane (ship launched Spotter Plane - increases main gun range while active) (**)
Hydroacoustic Search (like sonar - increases detection range of enemy ships and incoming torpedoes)

* - consumables are manually activated special features. They have a limited active time then require a recharge period (sometimes lengthy) before you can use them again. All consumables have a premium version (II) available that cost resources and have to be purchased for each battle. The standard versions (I) are free and come mounted by default.

** - KMS Friedrich der Grosse has the option to mount a Spotter Plane - OR - a Catapult Fighter Plane in the same slot. I have chosen the Spotter Plane. Catapult Fighters are not very good and the increased visibility and firing range of the Spotter Plane while it is active is of more use usually. The AA on FDG is pretty good so the Spotter gives more benefit than a poor Fighter.

Captain:
I transferred the 15 pt Capt out of my Bismarck to the FDG ad then moved the next best Capt up the line and so on. What is ncie about KM BB Capt's is their builds are the same from T5+ so they can be moved to a new Bb and not need the additional expense of resetting the skill points. It is expensive enough paying to retrain them to a new ship. The 15 pts are assigned as follows...

1pt = Preventative Maintenance (-30% chance of main guns, secondary guns, and AA guns being damaged or destroyed)
3pt = Basic Fire Training (decreases reload time of secondary guns and increases damage output of the AA guns)
3pt = Superintendent (+1 charge to all mounted consumables)
4pt = Advanced Fire Training (increases the range of both secondary and AA guns)

KM T9 BB KMS Friedrich der Grosse w/ Type 19 Permanent Camo (Port = Atlantic Ocean):

JaAGNcR.jpg

v8xz1eE.jpg

5P14Gap.jpg

9Yh1JHM.jpg

FYr6USX.jpg

hOX6sxS.jpg

In reference to the above post about Roma and it's 2 camo's. It looks like the modders are already working on hiding that ugly Kobayashi-Roma camo while letting you keep the bonuses. Right now there is a mod that hides the stupid beer can part (see below) and work is underway to hide the rest of it, replacing it with the regular Roma camo, and still keep the bonuses.

As there is light at the end of the tunnel I shelled out the *gasp-ugh* 7000 doubloons for the Kobayashi camo. WG has a nasty habit of suddenly removing things and making them unavailable. Want to be sure I have the base camo for when the mod comes out to hide it and then get those great bonuses.

WARNING WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE IS DISTURBING....
lol.gif
37.gif

DNb5w80.jpg

Here is Roma's 1st game. Nothing special from damage to rewards. I actually didn't mount any flags just to see what it would do rewards wise and the MM was awful for a 1st game in a ship with me facing a bunch of T10 and T9 BB's. I was sort of feeling my way out in the ship vs being the lead aggressor as I usually am. Guns shoot a lot different than most BB's I have. They shoot very flat (ie; don't go way up and then hang before falling/plunging down). Even at max range (which isn't far at just 18.1km)they sort of go straight at the target. That made me miss a lot of early shots as I was leading ships way too far.

Once I got the feel for the lead I started hitting. My initial impression is the guns are ok vs T8 BB's, and of course Cruisers and Destroyers, but vs T9 and T10 BB's they are lacking. I took on the enemy GK (German T10 BB) at the end of the game and barely scratched it for 20K in damage with multiple salvo's into it. So guns at just 381MM for a T8 are lacking. The armor however appears to be fantastic if angled properly. I bounced salvo after salvo of that same T10 BB that had 420MM guns with no damage.

Overall it seems like a decent ship. Hopefully I will have something better to post once I play it more. Have not played the FDG yet but will post results when I do.

NIteahK.jpg

snK8NHK.jpg

7V6Y7uS.jpg

1st game in FDG. As with Roma nothing special and was feeling the ship out. Secondary guns and armor are good and the main guns are wonky as expected. Plays like Bismarck.

no37fdp.jpg

aR9iEv3.jpg

u0NiUHX.jpg

Small update/news item to post.

Currently WG is running a special event where you can win things. Usually they don't allow this to be done in Co-op (once in a while like winning the Vampire DD I posted about a few pages back). But, they are allowing this one which is great as I can use the ultimate prize once the challenge/event is complete.

The Event is the High School Fleet(HSF) Collection. HSF is an anime series from Japan that actually involves warships. Specifically the BB's Musashi and Yamato which are actually in game. There are also 2 HSF themed ships in the game now. One is a DD and one is the German Cruiser Admiral Graf Spee (why a version of a German ship was added as a Japanese anime theme is beyond me?). I actually have Yamato, Musashi, and HSF Graf Spee.

To complete the collection you earn anime figures by winning games in HSF ships or Musashi and/or Yamato. For each win you get a container with 2 character portraits inside. You also have a chance at getting a random portrait from a regular daily container (can earn up to 3 of those each day). You can earn up to a max of 10 collection containers from Musashi and Yamato and HSF Graf Spee and the HSF DD can earn up to a max of 20 containers. You need to collect all 35 anime character portraits to complete the collection. You can trade 5 duplicates for 1 new. It is broken into 6 sub collections with varying numbers inside and for each sub collection you get you win a special flag you can fly on a ship in game.

Once the collection is complete, and you have all 35 character portraits, you win something quite good. A special HSF K117 permanent camo for the T10 IJN BB Yamato. This is no cheapo small prize as perma camo's for T10 ships cost 5000 doubloons (approx $23.50 USD). The only way to get the camo is to earn it as well. Can't be bought.

Just finished up and got mine. I actually like it way better than the ***** green perma camo pattern WG uses on most of their IJN perma camos and that includes Yamato. Much better looking. The camo bonuses are just slightly less (just a hair less XP which I don't need on Yamato anyway as it is a T10 and no other ships to research) than the regular perma camo you buy, and that I have, but it is close enough that for the improved visual appearance I will run the HSF camo. It is actually almost identical in appearance to the HSF Y118 perma camo I bought for Musashi to replace it's ***** green perma camo (although the HSF camo for Musashi gives more bonuses than the regular one unlike Yamato's). Just like these a lot better than the green ones.

So here is the new Yamato camo I won and will post a shot of the ***** green one as well as the Musashi HSF camo so you can see what I am talking about ^^^...

Standard Yamato Type 20 Camo:
5dQ2CNu.jpg

HSF K117 Yamato Camo:
h8jhSuM.jpg

Standard Musashi Type 10 Camo:
hFI8u4t.jpg

HSF Y118 Musashi Camo:
Si9Lfqo.jpg

Last edited:
It's that time again...
05.gif
lol.gif

I am one step closer to a goal I set when I 1st started WOWS. As I have said before when I 1st started I wanted Hood and Bismarck (Prince of Wales too) before I even knew anything about the game. I was very sad to see only Bismarck was in game at the time. However, Hood eventually was added and I have had both for a long time now. The ship that was in game that I became enamored with was the British Royal Navy(BRN) T10 Light Cruiser(CL) Minotaur. I have posted about that obsession before and won't go into it again. However, I just unlocked the T9 BRN CL Neptune so I am now only 1 ship away.
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

It's going to take LOT of games as I need 280,000 XP minimum to unlock Minotaur. My Free XP reserves are shot after Missouri, Musashi, and upgrading FDG. So there won't be any skipping over Neptune anytime soon
lol.gif
. I want to play it some too to try and get used to the changes Neptune brings from Fiji and Edinburgh that will carry into Minotaur. It's still a BRN CL so that means no armor and easy deaths if you aren't careful and it still has those 152MM guns, smoke, good torps, etc... But from everything I have read it plays a bit different plus it has lost that amazing BRN CL maneuverability which frankly worries me. Hard to dodge shot when you maneuver like a BB. It is no where even close to being as maneuverable as the others.
27.gif
Need to get that B Hull which drops almost 4 seconds of the rudder shift ASAP!

Going to be quite the challenge. Here we go. Ship is actually 100% stock still as I didn't have the Free XP to upgrade it like I usually do. Going to work on that asap by playing it and my Premium ships to build XP fast. Went with an AA build to start and transferred my Edinburgh Capt to it. Stats and Port shots below and 1st battle results as soon as I play it as usual...

Ship: HMS Neptune
Nation: British Royal Navy (BRN)
Tier: 9
Ship Type: Light Cruiser(CL)
Survivability(HP): 39,900 HP (44,900 w/ B Hull)
Armor: 13-102MM / 16% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 33.5 knots
Rudder Shift: 12.1 seconds (8.6 seconds w/ B Hull)
Turning Radius: 710m
Detection By Sea: 11.5km
Detection By Air: 8.2km
Detection When Firing In Smoke: 6.6km

Main Armament: 4X3 152MM (2 turrets front/2 rear) (dual purpose)
Main Gun Range: 15.0km (16.5km w/ GFCS Upgrade)
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 12.0 shots per min ROF / 5.0 seconds RL
180 Degree Turret Rotation: 18.0 seconds
Shell Dispersion @ Max Range: 137m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 3200 damage
High Explosive(HE) = Not Available

Secondary Guns:
114MM = 6X2 (dual purpose)

Secondary Gun Range:
114MM = 6.0km (dual purpose)

114MM = 22.22 shots per min / 2.7 seconds (dual purpose)

114MM = High Explosive(HE) (dual purpose)

20MM = 14X1
40MM = 10X2
114MM = 6X2 (dual purpose)
152MM = 4X3 (dual purpose)
Overall AA Rating = 100

Torpedoes: 4X4 533MM
Torpedo Reload(RL): 96 seconds RL
Torpedo Range: 10.0km
Torpedo Speed: 62 knots
Torpedo Max Damage (p/ torp): 15,533 (16,767 w/ Torpedo Upgrade)
Torpedo Detection Range: 1.3km

Mounted Modules:
Slot 2 = Propulsion Modification 1 (increases survivability of and reduces repair time of engine)
Slot 3 = AA Guns Modification 2 (extends range of AA by 20%)
Slot 6 = AA Guns Modification 3 (increases AA damage by 25% p/ second)

Camo:
I purchased Neptune's Type 19 permanent camo. The camo provides the following benefits...

-20% Post Battle Service Fee
+100% XP Earned

Repair Party (heals back some of the damage taken)
Hydroacoustic Search (like sonar - increases detection range of enemy ships and incoming torpedoes)
Smoke Generator (creates a smoke screen to hide the ship - lasts for 110 seconds) (**)

** - Neptune has the ability to mount Smoke Generator - OR - Radar in the same slot. I have chosen the smoke as the ship has Hydroacoustic Search already.

Captain:
I have transferred my 12pt Capt from Edinburgh to Neptune. I have assigned the points as follows...

2pt = Smoke Screen Expert (+20% to smoke screen radius)

BRN T9 CL HMS Neptune w/ Type 19 Neptune Permanent Camo (Port = Black Sea):

hLhL1HF.jpg

ojXk0ro.jpg

9f32K7X.jpg

qsIsZhv.jpg

VMyF5wc.jpg

smoN8pg.jpg

Last edited:
Well not posting 1st game results for Neptune. It did not go well. Started out ok with me capping C all alone then heading for B to help with the fight. Did about 35K in damage to ships on the way over. Saw the enemy Montana on the other side of the island from me was grounded and shooting away in the other direction. So came around to torp it and one of it's secondary guns detonated me. 1 shell for all of my 39,900 HP! WTH???
lol.gif
The rest of the team didn't do any better and the bots steam rolled us for a loss.
33.gif

2nd game much better. Probably going to stop playing it until I get enough Free XP to get the B Hull. 12.1 second rudder shift is brutal. Just doesn't allow you to maneuver enough.

v18meKR.jpg

4qArVq9.jpg

PN3LOFs.jpg

Pretty good game in Tirpitz and wow look at the credits...

QgNtTIE.jpg

Wi407Jy.jpg

DCsYo4J.jpg

Last edited:
Time for another update...

Have reached T8 in French Cruisers. The T7 Algerie was a really fun ship to play and I will be keeping it. Now it is on to the T8, French BB's are due out here anytime so this will probably be the last French Cruiser for a while as I play the BB line up.

Stats (ship is fully upgraded) and port shots below. 1st game results to follow when I can.

Ship: CHARLES MARTEL
Nation: French Navy (FRN)
Tier: 8
Ship Type: Heavy Cruiser(CA)
Survivability(HP): 38,000 HP
Armor: 6-140MM / 16% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 32.5 knots
Rudder Shift: 7.9 seconds
Turning Radius: 690m
Detection By Sea: 11.9km
Detection By Air: 7.3km
Detection When Firing In Smoke: 8.0km

Main Armament: 3X3 203MM (2 turrets front/1 rear)
Main Gun Range: 17.6km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 6.0 shots per min ROF / 10.0 seconds RL
180 Degree Turret Rotation: 23.4 seconds
Shell Dispersion @ Max Range: 143m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 4900 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 2800 (17% chance of fire)

Secondary Guns:
100MM = 5X2 (dual purpose)

Secondary Gun Range:
100MM = 5.3km (dual purpose)

100MM = 15.0 shots per min / 4.0 seconds (dual purpose)

100MM = High Explosive(HE) (dual purpose)

20MM = 16X1
37MM = 4X2
40MM = 4X4
100MM = 5X2 (dual purpose)
Overall AA Rating = 46

Torpedoes: 2X3 550MM
Torpedo Reload(RL): 90 seconds RL
Torpedo Range: 9.0km
Torpedo Speed: 60 knots
Torpedo Max Damage (p/ torp): 14,833
Torpedo Detection Range: 1.3km

Mounted Modules:
Slot 2 = Steering Gears Modification 1 (increases survivability of and reduces repair time of rudder)
Slot 3 = Aiming Systems Modification 1 (-7% main gun dispersion / -5% secondary gun dispersion / +5% secondary gun range)

Camo:
I purchased Charles Martel's Type 18 permanent camo. The camo provides the following benefits...

+50% XP Earned

Hydroacoustic Search (like sonar - increases detection range of enemy ships and incoming torpedoes) (**)
Catapult Fighter (ship launched fighter plane - not very effective)
Engine/Speed Boost (increases ship's top speed by +20% while active)

** - Charles Martel has the ability to mount Hydroacoustic Search - OR - Def AA in the same slot. I have chosen Hydroacoustic Search as the ship's AA is poor so it won't benefit much from Def AA and it has a Catapult Fighter.

Captain:
I have transferred my 10pt Capt from Algerie to Charles Martel. I have assigned the points as follows...

2pt = Adrenaline Rush (as the ships HP goes down the guns reload faster)
3pt = Demolition Expert (increases chance of fire being cause by an HE shell hit by 2%)

FRN T8 CA Charles Martel w/ Type 18 Permanent Camo (Port = Atlantic Ocean):
dRMN1ed.jpg

3wDWH9k.jpg

bCl6vDW.jpg

pRntUvK.jpg

ReqWtyK.jpg

ju18bSo.jpg

Last edited:
I can see why the OP of this thread , Nick R, loves the Russian T8 Premium CL Mikhail Kutuzov so much. I can also see why WG pulled it from sale for being too powerful. The darn ship is just awesome. Nothing it can't do it seems and for a Russian Light Cruiser it is actually pretty tough.

Support our team's DD's and damage the enemy ones (check), defend the base alone against a BB and 2 Cruisers because the teammates left are all on a Sunday cruise somewhere off in the distance and hopelessly out of position (check), shoot down about 30% of the enemy CV's planes (check), and then hunt down the enemy CV to finish the game (check). Dang thing does it all.
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

d9TQNHE.jpg

tM3pBOM.jpg

de0o2Xf.jpg

Last edited:
Starting to get the hang of the BRN T9 CL Neptune. I like it a lot more than the T8 Edinburgh. However, it is really fragile and man if you take any kind of hit from a BB you lose 1/2+ your HP in the blink of an eye. Just wow is it soft.

But like Fiji it can be a beast. Just had a game where it came down to me and a friendly BB at the end alone vs the enemy BB and CV. Our BB was a new player who had bought a T8 Premium BB and was totally lost and had no clue what to do. He actually turned off from the enemy BB who was rushing our CV and refused to engage it forcing me to charge it in my fragile CL and I was only 1/2 HP at best at the outset and it was 75-80% health at least.

I managed to dodge and weave and with Neptune's incredible rate of fire whittle it down and take it out while coming a few thousand HP from dying myself. Unfortunately, I couldn't save the CV. When the smoke cleared our BB was just sailing around doing nothing with us down points and caps. OY!
33.gif

Got him to get moving via chat and cap while I did too. Then I went to the last cap to grab it and the enemy CV popped up badly hurt and I finished it for the win. Was a close game until the very end.

People have a right to buy a high tier Premium and play it. It sure does suck to end up on their team though because you can't depend on them for help when it is needed because they are afraid to engage and/or because they just don't know what to do. Best advice Nick R (thread's Op) gave me was not to rush up the tech tree and not to buy Premium ships higher than where I was at in the game. Very good advice!
thumbsup2.gif

So liking the Neptune a lot and Neptune game somehow pulled out of my rear #1 in the books
lol.gif

IsCPJTl.jpg

IQwFKIN.jpg

fiFL08q.jpg

So it is time for another new ship. WG will be removing a lot of premium ships from availability here in the next update (tomorrow I believe). There is one that I sort of kind of considered for a while but never bought. Today I grabbed it (using Doubloons in game) while I could.

The ship is the USS Texas. It is a T5 Premium US Battleship in the game. Very similar to the T5 New York which I played many moons ago and eventually sold off as I needed credits and a port slot. Always planned to get it back someday. Well, the TX is about the same thing just with better AA (actually it's AA is so good it is T7 level). Being a Premium ship I can run other ship's Capt's on it and not have to pay to retrain them and such plus it earns more resources. So I grabbed TX to fill T5 in my US BB fleet. Now I only am missing T3 South Carolina and T4 Wyoming. May buy them back someday which would give me all of them T3-T10 and all the US Premium BB's except 1 (Arkansas beta and soon to be released Massachusetts which I will buy). Hmmm...should I grab them??? Check back soon
lol.gif

So here she is (note the stats shown are with my 19pt Montana US BB Capt at the helm which influences a few ratings like the AA, secondary's, and concealment)...

Ship: USS TEXAS
Nation: United States Navy (USN)
Tier: 5 Premium
Survivability(HP): 49,100 HP
Armor: 13-356MM / 33% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 20.5 knots
Rudder Shift: 14.0 seconds
Turning Radius: 600m
Detection By Sea: 13.4km
Detection By Air: 9.2km
Detection When Firing In Smoke: 14.0km

Main Armament: 5X2 356MM (2 turrets front/1 middle/2 rear)
Main Gun Range: 19.0km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 1.74 shots per min / 34.3 seconds
180 Degree Turret Rotation: 48.6 seconds
Shell Dispersion @ Max Range: 250m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 10,300 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 5000 (30% chance of fire)

Secondary Guns:
127MM = 6X1

Secondary Gun Range:
127MM = 5.0km

127MM = 9.52 shots per min ROF / 6.3 seconds

127MM = High Explosive(HE)

20MM = 44X1
40MM = 10X4
76.2MM = 10X1
Overall AA Rating = 66

Mounted Modules:
Slot 3 = Artillery Plotting Room Modification 1 (+16% main gun range / -5% secondary gun dispersion / +5% secondary gun range)

Camo:
Texas comes with it's own Type 9 permanent camo. I have also purchased the optional Stars & Stripes permanent camo for it. The camo's both provides the same following benefits...

+50% XP Earned

Captain:
I am using my 19t Montana Capt on the ship at this time. Texas is a Premium ship so I am able to use any US Capt on it, and then send the Capt back to the original ship, without a retraining penalty. Points are assigned as follows...

3pt = Superintendent (+1 charge to all mounted consumables)
4pt - Concealment Expert (reduces the ship's detection range by -14%)

USS T5 Premium BB Texas w/ Type 9 Permanent Camo (Port = Pearl Harbor, Hawaii):
pG8PJ0o.jpg

USS T5 Premium BB Texas w/ Stars & Stripes Permanent Camo (Port = new York Harbor):
rXYouQu.jpg

Last edited:
So, over the weekend WG started a big event to celebrate the upcoming release of the new French Battleship line. In this event you play to earn crates that contain collection pieces and a chance at 4 randomly inserted pieces that let you unlock missions to play for 1 of 4 new French BB's early (ie; before they are actually released to play for everyone). The collection has 18 pieces and if you get all of them you are awarded a unique 10pt French Captain that has special skills.

I managed to get the Capt, all 4 of the unlock missions, and have earned the 4 BB's which are now in my port (mine to keep and they come fully upgraded!). Took a lot of games but I wanted to be sure I got everything.

Not going to list each ship's stats as it is just too much to do but will give a brief overview on each one below and a photo + 1st game results. Wasn't sure if I would like them or not as the British Battleships were a big disappointment to me but so far these French ones seem pretty good. One issue with all of these though is the guns are small caliber wise compared to other BB's of the same tier. The T5/T6/T7 all only have 340MM guns and the T8 only has 380MM.

The Captain. Jean-Jacques Honore. Comes with 10 points (saves about 200-300 games playing to get that high). Has an improved Adrenaline Rush (as you lose HP you reload your main guns faster) skill and an improved Expert Marksman (main gun turret rotation speed boost) skill vs regular Captains. Both very useful skills.

Ga38xbS.jpg

T5 BB Bretagne. A pretty standard T5 BB in the game. None of them really stand out as better than the others. This one has decent speed, armor, and guns. Good ship just nothing special (but again none are). Probably will sell it eventually.

oBmleVD.jpg

Q5oq9UC.jpg

T6 BB Normandie. I have only played it once but it has great speed for a T6 BB (29.5 knots) 12 guns, decent armor, and pretty good secondary guns for a T6 BB (7.2km range with how I set it up). I actually like it.

oKXbkA6.jpg

KQDkXVA.jpg

T7 BB Lyon. This is the one I wanted to get most. IT has an insane 16 guns in 4 turrets! SIXTEEN guns on a BB. When you shoot it throws a massive cloud of shot out that looks like a huge swarm of bees or birds attacking the enemy ships
lol.gif
. The ship has good speed, armor, and secondary guns too. I love this one and will keep it and play it a lot.

RH0N1St.jpg

IReXtJw.jpg

T8 BB Richelieu. This is the one most players in the game wanted. I was indifferent as it is like the T6 Premium BB Dunkerque that has all of it's guns (8 = 4 in 2 turrets) on the front of the ship. Nothing out back except some secondary guns. It requires a unique playstyle and I am not crazy about it. BUT the ship is pretty good. The guns have horrible accuracy but hit hard when they do and it has really good secondary guns (10.1kmm range). Originally planned to sell it but will probably keep it.

pPsVIeU.jpg

4HvgFxp.jpg

So, time for another fleet update. This one is a regular tech tree ship. I just unlocked the Russian T7 Light Cruiser(CL) Shchors. I am not a big fan of Russian Cruisers in the game, and if you have followed this thread you know I dropped them at the T5 Kirov (POS!) for a long time before going back, but I am determined to finish all the lines in the game so I soldier on.
lol.gif

The Shchors is NOT a good ship. It turns like a drunk cow stuck in quicksand (it's turning radius is worse than most BB's!!!) and it gets blapped so easy it is beyond words because it has NO armor (just like Kirov - T6 Budyonny is ok but Kirov and now Shchors SUCK!). It is fast with really good guns but that is about all it has going for it. Not a fan.

So that is all the preamble on it
lol.gif
. Stats, port shots, and 1st game results below. Ship is fully upgraded.

Ship: SHCHORS
Nation: Russian Navy (RN)
Tier: 7
Ship Type: Light Cruiser(CL)
Survivability(HP): 32,200 HP
Armor: 13-100MM / 0% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 35.5 knots
Rudder Shift: 7.1 seconds
Turning Radius: 900m
Detection By Sea: 13.3km
Detection By Air: 8.1km
Detection When Firing In Smoke: 6.7km

Main Armament: 4X3 152MM (2 turrets front/2 rear)
Main Gun Range: 16.8km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 7.5 shots per min / 8.0 seconds
180 Degree Turret Rotation: 25.0 seconds
Shell Dispersion @ Max Range: 138m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 3300 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 2200 (11% chance of fire)

Secondary Guns:
100MM = 4X2 (dual purpose)

Secondary Gun Range:
100MM = 4.7km (dual purpose)

100MM = 15.78 shots per min / 3.8 seconds (dual purpose)

100MM = High Explosive(HE) (dual purpose)

12.7MM = 4X2
37MM = 6X4
100MM = 4X2 (dual purpose)
Overall AA Rating = 41

Torpedoes: 2X4 533MM
Torpedo Reload(RL): 101 seconds RL
Torpedo Range: 4.0km
Torpedo Speed: 70 knots
Torpedo Max Damage (p/ torp): 15,100
Torpedo Detection Range: 1.4km

Mounted Modules:
Slot 2 = Damage Control Party (stops fires and flooding + repairs damage to main/secondary/AA guns and torpedo tubes)

Camo:
I have not, and will not, purchase Shchors permanent camo. I have enough 1 time use camo's to finish playing the ship to the T8 and then I will sell the ship.

Spotter Plane (ship launched Spotter Plane - increases main gun range while active)

Captain:
I have transferred my 11pt Capt from Budyonny to Shchors. I have assigned the points as follows...

2pt = Adrenaline Rush (-0.2% reload time to all armaments for every 1% HP lost)
3pt = Demolition Expert (+2% to the chance of a main or secondary gun starting a fire)
4pt = Inertia Fuse HE Shells (increases HE shell penetration by +30% / reduces fire chance by -2%)

Russian T7 CL Shchors w/ Hunter 1 time use camo (Port = Saint Petersburg, Russia):

YLdCCWw.jpg

oE8COdC.jpg

SR9ExaC.jpg

PzMyRKF.jpg

HFbsNOi.jpg

bxZr7OY.jpg

1st Game:

1vBRfJF.jpg

SfKHBYh.jpg

7XrabQR.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't just posted a regular game result for a while "just because" so decided to do so.

I am finally getting around to grinding the T9 German BB Friedrich Der Gross to the T10 Grosser Kurfurst. Have had the FDG for a while now but have been occupied with "other" ships and events in game so only had 5 games going into this morning. Have decided to go for the GK today.

It's tough going playing T9 Co-op mid day during the week so not the best time to do this but decided to anyway. Hard to get people on the team but have had a few games where I am not alone. The enemy bots can be challenging but as a rule the friendly green ones they use to fill slots on the team when there aren't enough humans SUCK! It can make for a bad game and loss quick0. So doing this now is insanity.
lol.gif

Just had my best game to date with FDG. Thought for sure it was a loss as I was down just me and our CV (bot) vs 5 before I could even blink. The other human on the team (Roon) caught an unlucky break early on with "ghost torps" (a real issue in Co-op with dead ships launching torps AFTER death) and was done. Stayed with it though and pulled it out.

166K damage, 5 Kills, over 400K in credits, 6400+ XP, and not shown but best part of all was 16,465 Capt XP! Got this German Capt to 17 pts and 1/2 way to 18 pts. Hopefully I can get it to 19 pts soon.

5ayC1cv.jpg

o8k0Xx6.jpg

LC720ky.jpg

Managed to finish off the grind. The T10 German BB is now in port. This makes my 3rd T10 ship in the game (all are BB's ). I have 2 T9 Cruisers on the way to T10 so before too long I should be up to 5 of them. Man, we have come a long way since this thread started and I was telling the OP I wouldn't play the game.
lol.gif

This new ship is a BEAST! It is so big one famous game reviewer said it should have it's own zip code.
lol.gif
It is so big it has the largest turning radius in the game. OMG I can see I am going to run into a lot of islands with this thing.
lol.gif

It has the largest HP rating in the game by far which will be very useful when brawling. I am going full secondary build which means I will be charging in and brawling a lot. German BB guns are just not accurate like the US ones and some of the Japanese ones that allow you to stay back. You need to be close to hit with them. They have great armor and awesome secondary guns so they are made to get in close. Has been this way since T5 but we have now reached the ultimate German brawler.

Without any further delay and rambling...

Note - T10 ships generally come as is with no upgrades for them but this one actually has an upgrade for the guns available. The stock guns are 406MM but there is an upgrade to mount 420MM guns. The same 406MM and 420MM guns were available on the T9 I just finished. I didn't find the 420MM ones to be much of an upgrade and they have a much longer reload. So like I did with the T9 I will run the 406MM guns. At least for now. I am sure I will research and try out the 420MM's on this one at some point. The T9 only has 8 guns and this has 12 so maybe with the extra 4 guns it will make more of a difference?

Ship: KMS GROSSER KURFURST
Nation: German Navy (KM)
Tier: 10
Survivability(HP): 105,800 HP
Armor: 19-400MM / 27% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Rudder Shift: 15.5 seconds
Turning Radius: 1050m
Detection By Sea: 13.6km
Detection By Air: 14.4km
Detection When Firing In Smoke: 17.8km

Main Armament: 4X3 406MM (2 turrets front/2 rear)
Main Gun Range: 20.6km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 2.35 shots per min / 25.5 seconds
180 Degree Turret Rotation: 39.0 seconds
Shell Dispersion @ Max Range: 268m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 12,700 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 4800 (38% chance of fire)

Secondary Guns:
128MM = 10X2 (dual purpose)
150MM = 4X2

Secondary Gun Range:
128MM = 11.1km (dual purpose)
150MM = 11.1km

128MM = 16.66 shots per min ROF / 3.6 seconds (dual purpose)
150MM = 8.82 shots per min ROF / 6.8 seconds

128MM = High Explosive(HE) (dual purpose)
150MM = High Explosive(HE)

20MM = 10X4
55MM = 8X2
128MM = 10X2 (dual purpose)
Overall AA Rating = 98

Mounted Modules:
Slot 1 = Auxiliary Armaments Modification 1 (increases survivability of secondary and AA guns)
Slot 3 = Secondary Battery Modification 2 (-20% secondary gun dispersion / +20% secondary gun range)
Slot 6 = Main Battery Modification 3 (-12% to main gun reload / +13% main gun turret rotation)

Camo:
I have purchased the permanent camo for Grosser Kurfurst. The camo provides the same following benefits...

+4% Dispersion To Enemy Guns
+20% Credits Earned
-50% Post Battle Service Fee
+100% XP Earned

Spotter Plane (ship launched Spotter Plane - increases main gun range while active)

Captain:
I have assigned the 17 Capt from the T9 FDG to the GK. Points are assigned as follows...

2pt = Adrenaline Rush (reload gets faster as your health goes down)
4pt - Concealment Expert (reduces the ship's detection range by -14%)

KMS T10 BB Grosser Kurfurst w/ Type 20 Grosser Kurfurst Permanent Camo (Port = Black Sea):

iGR3Epg.jpg

fNBx7jC.jpg

4aQ2Afo.jpg

G7gXsU8.jpg

GyPoBS1.jpg

Pc7iSYn.jpg

1st game with the GK in the books. Yup, this will be fun. Didn't live (almost did - was seconds from my repair when I died) but took a couple with me and took on 4 BB's at once and took out the biggest threat (Yamato) and beat the snot out of the others before I went down. 200+ secondary gun hits too. Yup = fun!
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

DV81u2c.jpg

70uGzQn.jpg

r1eJf8P.jpg

5 games now. Played the 1st 4 with the 406MM's as outlined in the stats list above. Before I just played the 5th game I mounted the 420MM's to try them out. The 1st game with the 420's was almost an exact mirror of my 1st one with the 406's.

Our was team down with me charging 4 ships (2 GK's, Iowa, New Orleans). Took out 1 GK, badly damaged the 2nd, sunk the Iowa, and sunk the NO before I died. Again, literally seconds before my heal was up. The other GK got me with a secondary gun and started a fire with 9 seconds before heal. At 3 seconds I went poof. So the last BB left alive in both games got me with secondary guns seconds before I could have healed. Not only that I literally took just 1 point difference in damage in both games too.
lol.gif

The 420's to me hit noticeably harder. I actually double citadeled one of the GK's in close as we were brawling which shocked me. You just don't citadel German BB's in close brawling. It's rarer than an honest politician. The reload of the 420's is only 2.7 seconds longer than the 406's but it feels longer than that in a brawl which concerns me. Think I will stay with the 420's for now and play a few more games then decide. Leaning towards keeping them though as they do hit harder.

The other 3 games have been all in the 60-90K range as I never got a chance to get in close for a brawl. The guns are not great (ie: accurate) at any kind of range so you need to be close I can see like pretty much all the German BB after Konig.

Really loving how tough it is and love those secondary guns at 11.1km.

h9vWWdn.jpg

JHfOOdD.jpg

e9fL4X0.jpg

Back