Pretty tanks in World of Tanks

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Figured I'd make a sister thread to the World of Warships one, since I haven't played that game in a while and Rand and I have been doing a fair bit of tank playing due to the current situation.
grin.gif

I started playing this game only a short while ago (same with Rand), my kids were playing it and wanted me to join them. I downloaded it on Steam and discovered it is a lot less glitchy than World of Warships. Hopefully they apply some of whatever they did in programming this game to WoWs. I'm playing this on an ancient Mac Pro with a more recent CPU and video card w/32GB of RAM and an SSD:

[Linked Image]

Rand is further up the tree than I am (German tree) as he's got the E100 level X tank, whilst I'm still sitting at level IX with the E75.

Some shots from some recent matches, if you play, feel free to leave some of your own here. I don't profess to be an amazing player, but it is a fun game, and being able to play with all three of my kids, as well as friends is nice.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Played WOT forever, 220ish tanks in the garage, migrated over to WOWs since beta. Wargaming games are Intel friendly, Apple ... not so much.

Playing it on a 38" 3840 x 1600 monitor with i7 9700, 1080 Ti, 1GB M2 and 16 GB ram. Graphics are really good, game play is fun.

We have an active, fun Clan, look us up if you're interested. WOWs Commander is active officer in the US Navy, quite a few Canadians in the clan.

https://www.armoredknights.us/

Originally Posted by Danno
Played WOT forever, 220ish tanks in the garage, migrated over to WOWs since beta. Wargaming games are Intel friendly, Apple ... not so much.

Playing it on a 38" 3840 x 1600 monitor with i7 9700, 1080 Ti, 1GB M2 and 16 GB ram. Graphics are really good, game play is fun.

We have an active, fun Clan, look us up if you're interested. WOWs Commander is active officer in the US Navy, quite a few Canadians in the clan.

https://www.armoredknights.us/

thumbsup2.gif
I've gotten out of playing it, was trying to get Bismarck but haven't managed to and haven't fired the game up in a while. If I get back into it, I'll look you guys up. We have our own little clan on WoT Blitz. Game doesn't seem to be overly demanding specs-wise, I'm running it at 2560x1440 on a 27" screen on the Mac and it plays at the FPS limit with everything set pretty high.

best thing is its free to play.
you can dip your toe in and see if its fun.
if you want to go faster (new tanks quicker etc)

they run specials all the time.

for the 200 hours I have in this game I feel I've spent very little, yet cut off some of the massive grind on later tanks.

As my oldest is starting to hear others talk about video games, I figured it was about time to bring out my old NES. My how the graphics have changed! That graphic with the German tank at the bottom of the OP almost looks like a photo!

Originally Posted by JHZR2
As my oldest is starting to hear others talk about video games, I figured it was about time to bring out my old NES. My how the graphics have changed! That graphic with the German tank at the bottom of the OP almost looks like a photo!

I have one Russian tank, the rest are all German. The Germans have the best (IMHO) tank tree. I also did German in WoWS, though I haven't managed to get Bismarck yet. I'll do American tanks after I finish the German ones. My younger son is doing the Russian tree.

I went medium> heavy tree on German.

the tier 5 leopard, tier 7 panther are both great.

On american the lightest tree you end up with UFO tanks with rockets.. pretty crazy.

The sheridan tier 10 , I call a plywood box of death (lol) for both you and enemies.

The pictures on here are heavily compressed.. look much better in game.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Figured I'd make a sister thread to the World of Warships one, since I haven't played that game in a while and Rand and I have been doing a fair bit of tank playing due to the current situation.
grin.gif

I started playing this game only a short while ago (same with Rand), my kids were playing it and wanted me to join them. I downloaded it on Steam and discovered it is a lot less glitchy than World of Warships. Hopefully they apply some of whatever they did in programming this game to WoWs. I'm playing this on an ancient Mac Pro with a more recent CPU and video card w/32GB of RAM and an SSD:

[Linked Image]

Rand is further up the tree than I am (German tree) as he's got the E100 level X tank, whilst I'm still sitting at level IX with the E75.

Some shots from some recent matches, if you play, feel free to leave some of your own here. I don't profess to be an amazing player, but it is a fun game, and being able to play with all three of my kids, as well as friends is nice.

Nice to see you playing something again. I tried Tanks but just didn't care for it. WOWS fits my preferences much better.

However, be it tanks, ships, or planes WG will be WG and they suck LOL.

Originally Posted by NHHEMI

Nice to see you playing something again. I tried Tanks but just didn't care for it. WOWS fits my preferences much better.

However, be it tanks, ships, or planes WG will be WG and they suck LOL.

thumbsup2.gif
WoT is definitely faster paced. They have a major update coming out that Rand alerted me to yesterday, where they are doing some re-balancing. Some of my heavies are getting a major health increase, which is nice.

Yes, WG seems to be all over the map
lol.gif
WoW's appears to run in a Wine wrapper on Mac, whilst WoT runs natively. That's a huge difference, and would explain why this game is massively more stable.

just downloaded the app...will see how muh time I have for that...
OVERKILL, invited you to a facebook group, the acronym stands for "Busted Arse Tank Repairs and CO"...a bunch of Aussies, rebuilding old tanks...

Some of these things are worth messing with...I sold my War and Order account for $350 back in October, pretty much from doing the "grind" daily...

Originally Posted by Shannow
just downloaded the app...will see how muh time I have for that...
OVERKILL, invited you to a facebook group, the acronym stands for "Busted Arse Tank Repairs and CO"...a bunch of Aussies, rebuilding old tanks...

Some of these things are worth messing with...I sold my War and Order account for $350 back in October, pretty much from doing the "grind" daily...

Excellent, I'll check it out, haven't checked FB yet this AM, been doing some remote work
smile.gif

I'd absolutely love to have an old tank, but I lack the space at present to pursue such an adventure and not sure as to the regulation framework to make it viable
21.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Rand
I went medium> heavy tree on German.

the tier 5 leopard, tier 7 panther are both great.

On american the lightest tree you end up with UFO tanks with rockets.. pretty crazy.

The sheridan tier 10 , I call a plywood box of death (lol) for both you and enemies.

The pictures on here are heavily compressed.. look much better in game.

The Sheridan was a real world tank, as opposed to the dumb blueprint tanks that often dominate the game. It's armor was aluminum giving it great performance. But indeed in suffered heavy losses in Vietnam because its light armor could easily be penned by RPG's. Yet, it was popular because it was fast with great cross country performance. The Shillelagh gun missile system works way better in the game than it ever did in real life, leading to a lot of complaints. Also, the rendering is terrible and it is probably the worst rendered tank on WOT. The real Sheridan had a slopped rear while the game has a flat box. War Gaming needs to cut back on the vodka and pot...

WOT Sheridan:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Real Sheridan (phased out in 1996):
[Linked Image from tanks-encyclopedia.com]

That said, I'm waiting for the M-60A2 "Starship" with the same gun, sucked in real life but will probably dominate in the game...
[Linked Image from tanks-encyclopedia.com]

I haven't played WoT in a couple weeks after playing WarThunder. The mechanics of WarThunder is much better than WoT (no health bars, you have to take out modules and crews in WarThunder.)

Here's my favorite tank in WoT though; the hellcat. In low tier battles I can use it aggressively but it has the speed, camo, and spotting to be a passive spotter in high-tier battles where the gun is useless fighting T8 heavies.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Had a great match last night in the Dicker Max:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Pretty intense match, it was just me against a heavy at the end, it was the beach map, he was on the hill, I was at the edge of town behind a rock, I lobbed 3x at his top that bounced and then the last one took him right out. I had about 30% health, he was similar.

my favorite tank (mainly because it makes tons of credits in game)
the AMX M4 49

Its french, but unlike most french tanks known for lighter armor.. it has quite stout armor on the front hull and turret.
Gun is underwhelming average about 350 damage, 8.5s reload
Decent speed. as long as you arent going uphill it plays closer to a medium than some.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Back