Pretty ships in world of warships

New ship for the fleet.

After almost a year of saving and scrounging Steel any way I could (hard to do for a Co-op player) I was able to gather enough, with the last bit needed today, to acquire the T10 US Premium Aircraft Carrier (CV) Franklin D. Roosevelt. I am quite excited. It is a unique CV with some big differences. It is not ideal for the mode I play as it takes time with it to do damage (big alpha strike but it has near BB levels of reload for the planes between strikes) but I don't care LOL. Gimmie gimmie gimmie! :ROFLMAO:

1st game shows some promise.

w8UqUf5.jpg

izzK3gH.jpg

52O5THf.jpg

qkuTFxB.jpg

Fleet Update...

1st up is 2 new ships. The T9 Italian Premium BB Marco Polo (with the special event perma camo LEGION I earned for free through mission tasks). I acquired this ship via Coal. The 2nd is the T6 Premium Italian DD Leone which was a ship drop from a crate during the event for the new Italian BB's entering the game.

BRh9q6a.jpg

bk0o82z.jpg

Next up we have my best ever CV game to date and it was in the FDR mentioned just above. This thing is AWESOME!!!!

EaYiwpn.jpg

Next is my best game to date in the T9 Premium US BB Missouri which is also my highest BXP in a game (any ship) to date. 1000+ BXP in Co-op is really hard and this is well over 1200. This is also the most credits I have earned in a Co-op game to date beating out a game that was also in Missouri. Co-op rewards very poorly and to break 1 Million credits in a game is extremely hard. I have only done it in Missouri as it has the ebst credit multiplier in the game. Closest I have ever come in another ship was just over 800K.

VYBcyX7.jpg

w1LzLf4.jpg

And last, but certainly not least, my best game to date overall in WOWS and the 1st time I have broken 400K damage. Did this in my favorite ship in game yesterday; T10 Premium US BB Ohio. This thing is just a beast. It has my highest avg damage of all ships in game and my highest single game damage of all ships in game. What is funny (sad?) is back when I started WOWS a 400K damage game would have been the world record for Co-op and now it doesn't even break the top 100 (it's 119) on the NA server for Co-op! The world record is over 500K now LOL. 😱 But still a great game.

6uuwplV.jpg

Last edited:
@NHHEMI Unfortunately to answer your long ago question, I stopped playing long ago. I couldn't stand the changes WG was doing, the CV rework, the Puerto Rico were the last straws. And it doesn't help that the gameplay became super toxic, I just wasn't having fun with the game anymore, it just made me angry, so I quit. Glad you're still having fun with it though!

@NHHEMI Unfortunately to answer your long ago question, I stopped playing long ago. I couldn't stand the changes WG was doing, the CV rework, the Puerto Rico were the last straws. And it doesn't help that the gameplay became super toxic, I just wasn't having fun with the game anymore, it just made me angry, so I quit. Glad you're still having fun with it though!
I get that. You have to do what it right for you.

And just 1 day later I break my all time best damage game and get my 2nd 400K+ game. What is so irritating is I had 500K+ sitting there for me with a full HP red BB (Montana) ripe for the harvest. It wouldn't have given me enough for the World Record but it would have been good for 2nd place in the World and 500K+.

There was 5+ mins to go so plenty of time but unfortunately I was on the worst map in the game (Shatter). It has a ton of islands and they are BIG and TALL. I could see the Monty but it was grounded out on the other side of one of those huge islands so I couldn't shoot. The game ended with my team winning on points and all that HP I could farm just sitting there laughing at me safe behind the island. I was so upset LOL.

R83Bwla.jpg

I've ordered a new laptop, let's hope it will be here soon. Anyway, it's got an intel I7 processor and iris xe graphics, 16GB ram. Would that be able to run world of warships? If so, any recommendations which way I should develop my fleet to get some decent performing ships?

That should be more than enough to run WoWS.
As to which fleet, that depends on your playing style and preference. I started with destroyers and really enjoyed the American ones. Lots of torpedo hits, and gun kills of other nations destroyers. But you will find each line has their own star performers, and dogs. I probably play cruisers more than anything else now.
You will start with co-op games (the other team is comprised of bots) then progress to Random where you play on a team against other humans. Random can get frustrating when teammates do stupid things. Just expect it and don't let it bother you. It does tend to reward you with coin and experience points better than co-op, but use co-op to practice first.

Any favourite nations for cruisers?

I won't have hours a day to play so don't want to waste time on ships that's not going to go anywhere. American destroyers sounds great to start with.

At the top tier I like Russian and American heavy cruisers, but for the cruiser line overall I like playing the German cruisers. I have reset that line a half of a dozen times to gain research points.

I've ordered a new laptop, let's hope it will be here soon. Anyway, it's got an intel I7 processor and iris xe graphics, 16GB ram. Would that be able to run world of warships? If so, any recommendations which way I should develop my fleet to get some decent performing ships?​
Sorry I missed this...

This is from WG's customer support page about system requirements...

Minimum:
  • Processor (CPU): Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz, Intel Core i3 2.5 GHz, AMD Athlon II X2 2.7 GHz
  • Active Memory (RAM): 2.5 GB
  • Graphics Card (GPU): NVIDIA GeForce GT 440/GT 630, IntelHD 4000, AMD Radeon HD 7660
  • Screen Resolution: 1280x720
  • Audio Card: Compatible with DirectX 11
  • Internet Connection: 1 Mbps

Recommended:
  • Processor (CPU): Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz, AMD FX 6350 3.9 GHz
  • Active Memory (RAM): 4 GB
  • Graphics Card (GPU): GeForce GTX 660, AMD Radeon R9 270x
  • Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
  • Audio Card: Compatible with DirectX 11
  • Internet Connection: 1 Mbps or better

Note - WOWS no longer supports MAC OS

Any favourite nations for cruisers?

I won't have hours a day to play so don't want to waste time on ships that's not going to go anywhere. American destroyers sounds great to start with.

Honestly, you should play them all up to T5 and then see which nation you like the best. It is T5/T6 where the nations start to take on their national traits and such as a rule. IT doesn't take a lot of games these days to get to T5 in a line so play a bunch of different ones and see what you like.

Also, play all ship types too (CV, BB, Cruiser, DD) not just Cruisers for example. Learning to play Battleships for example also teaches you how to play against them.

I will pass on to you the good tips given to me by the OP of this thread way back when it was started...
  1. Don't rush up the tiers just to get to the higher ones. Take your time and play up the lines as it teaches you how to play. IF you get to the higher tiers too fast you will get hammered. This is even more important now then when I started back in 2016 as it is much easier to get flags and camo and such to boost earnings making the grind just a fraction of the time it once was.
  2. Don't rush out and buy a high tier Premium ship you don't have the experience to play (see #1). You won't do well and you will hurt the team. Buy Premiums that match the tiers of the ships you see in normal play. So if you are at T5 for example don't buy Premiums above T7.
  3. He also said what I did above about play all nations and all ship types and I just want to repeat it. You don't literally have to play every single ship type for every nation but at least play a multitude of them. There are a lot more now then when I started when it was just the US, Japanese, British, German, and Russian and back then they didn't all have Battleships, Carriers, etc... like they do now.
IF you haven't already downloaded the game and created an account and such use my Recruitment link below. It will give you some stuff (and I get stuff too in full disclosure)...

This is what you can get...

Play 1 Battle in WOWS and get:
  • T2 Russian Premium Cruiser Diana Lima + Port Slot + 9pt Captain (you won't be able to use the Capt until you reach the required service level that unlocks Captains but it is a good thing to have for when you can use it)
  • 7 Days WOWS Premium Time
Play 1 Battle in WOWS with a T6 ship and get:
  • T6 British Premium Battleship Warspite (it is really a good ship) + Port Slot + 10pt Captain
  • 7 Days WOWS Premium Time
  • 5,000,000 Credits
  • 25X Flags (all types)
  • 5X Resources Containers

Last edited:
Yes been taking in information about the game this last few days, while I await delivery of the HP probook. Covid delays...

Will see how well it goes, but likely will try all the lower tiers and go from there. I think I've read submarines are coming aswell, but not too sure as I stayed away from beta stuff.

New Ships.

Currently in the event that brings the newest nation to WOWS (Netherlands). The line is Cruisers. They are really bad but as I always do I am going to finish the line to T10. T4-T9 is available in the Early Access Event that is going on this update and next. I was able to get the T4/T5/T6/T9 so far in early access, will have the T7 by the end of the month (it is a reward for finishing the final week of the event directives), and will only have to grind out the T8 and the T10. I won't bother with the T1-T3 ships but the rest (T5-T10) can at least earn me stuff during events so it is worth having them.

There is a special event permanent camo for the T7-T10 ships too. I have the T7 camo already, and will have the T8 by the end of the event (have to earn more event tokens to get it), but the T9 and T10 will cost too much money (would have to buy tokens vs earning them free and I am not wasting $$$ on ships I don't like and won't play much).

They also released a special Captain with this update to go with the event. It is the Dutch version of their Dasha Perova Captains. Dasha is their spokeswoman/model and they made a special Captain of her for each nation. I have all the others so I grabbed the Dutch one to start working up to 21 pts and eventual permanent assignment to the T9 (there is another special Dutch Captain coming soon that will have enhanced Capt abilities so it will go on the T10). During the event the Dutch Cruisers are considered Special Premiums so I can move the Dasha Captain around on all the Dutch ships for free, with no retraining for a new ship (which will be the case when the Early Access Event ends and they become regular tech tree ships) and thus earn Captain XP at an increased rate. The Capt came with 10pts and I am up to 15 now.

Dutch Dasha:
UDouvl5.jpg

T4 De Ruyter: (got through Prime Gaming in early, early, access)
SNryvDl.jpg

T5 Celebes:
xxeYvjn.jpg

T6 Kijkduin:
PzOUeze.jpg

T9 Johan De Witt:
6uj0l3x.jpg

T7 Eendracht Special Event Permanent Camo:
6yS1QsT.jpg

Back