Pretty ships in world of warships

I mean, ignoring the irony of some of the nationalities of the ships in the ports in question
(also I'm using an anime themed UI mod, hence the anime characters)

Actually, I would except some of you guys on this site would enjoy this game. It has fairly accurate representations of ships, down to armor schemes, armor piercing physics models, shell trajectory ballistics, and is quite a bit of fun to play, and lets you play some historical ships (Like the Yamato, as the top tier Japanese battleship, and the USS Lexington USN CV. The game includes Aircraft carriers, destroyers, cruisers, and of course, battleships. It's free to play (with premium content if you wish to pay for premium ships like the german Tirpitz, or the HMAS Perth, for example)

The KM Admiral Hipper in a snowy NY Harbor
https://puu.sh/suunP/95e915dad7.jpg
95e915dad7.jpg

A Cleveland in the Phillipines
https://puu.sh/suuT1/ec73c07d9d.jpg
ec73c07d9d.jpg

VMF Shchors in St Petersberg Harbor
https://puu.sh/suuVO/eb02e0f4f2.jpg
eb02e0f4f2.jpg

IJN Myoko off Honolulu
https://puu.sh/suv4O/0b8a7f958e.jpg
0b8a7f958e.jpg

USS New Mexico in a sunny NY Harbor at Memorial day
https://puu.sh/suvht/6388514012.jpg
6388514012.jpg

A "great white fleet" color scheme USS St Louis, in a stormy ocean
https://puu.sh/suvoU/cf82326715.jpg
60d463a7cc.jpg

A great community contributor, with a replay he enjoyed.

I play all three of war gamings free to play games. I enjoy them a lot. Simple and can be played by anyone.

Originally Posted By: panther427
I play all three of war gamings free to play games. I enjoy them a lot. Simple and can be played by anyone.

Yeah I've recently got my roommate and my brother playing it. I play it enough that I buy some of the premium stuff, but it's perfectly fun and fine without doing that.

Also, one more.

The IJN Mutsuki at Zipangu
https://puu.sh/suMgu/5b9c15ddb9.jpg
5b9c15ddb9.jpg

Those do look nice. I started playing Steel Ocean which has been interesting, its a bit more complex and is taking a while to get good at, with the higher level ships and player anyways. If you are getting bored with WOW maybe give SO a try.

My 10 year old started playing World of Tanks. It made me nervous an online game and all so I made an account to see what it was all about and monitor the boy.

Not my thing, but I can appreciate why people like it. The graphics are really cool.

Bunch of guys here at work play it. I am just not a gamer.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
My 10 year old started playing World of Tanks. It made me nervous an online game and all so I made an account to see what it was all about and monitor the boy.

Not my thing, but I can appreciate why people like it. The graphics are really cool.

Bunch of guys here at work play it. I am just not a gamer.

heh, I think the community in WoT was so bad that they removed chat from the game. I know they removed cross-team chat, at least. WoWS isn't nearly as toxic though, so there's that.

I really enjoy computer/video games. Especially naval combat ones. I had a game for my old Sega Genesis that let you do all kinds of missions with different ship types. I loved the ones where you fought ship to ship and manned the guns or making torpedo runs with Destroyers and such. The game was a blast.

I was all excited to play it when I downloaded WOWS( took FOREVER with all the updates to download and install )but unfortunately, I didn't realize it was a game that was only for online group play. I hate that frankly. I prefer solo play games where I play missions and such offline.

I played a few online games when that 1st became popular years ago and found it to be less than appealing. I really wanted to play WOWS but was very disappointed when I realized it was online multiplayer only.
33.gif
Only being able to play online in multiplayer format was a deal breaker for me on WOWS.

WOT got me as well. I like tank combat games a lot as well. I bought WOT on disc at Best Buy thinking I could play it solo. Nope. Only online multiplayer. Returned it for a refund.

I need to pay more attention to the fine print.

Last edited:
I have to be honest and admit something that happened after my post above ^^^. My nephew came by the other day. He is a gamer like me. He likes the solo play non online stuff better as I do. However, he actually likes and plays WOWS. In passing I mentioned the game( most likely because it was on my mind from this thread )and to my surprise he likes it and plays it.

He talked me into trying it so I did. Have to say I do like it. Definitely a game that takes a lot of learning to get good. Very easy to get blown up if you can't react and multi task and even then sometimes no matter what you do you die.
shocked2.gif

I am only playing it in Co-Op mode though right now. It is mostly computer opponents with only occasional or few human ones. I have not played any battles where it is all human( and probably won't ). It is easier to learn without having to worry about friendly fire from the pink guys( team killers ). However, even there the things I hate about online multiplayer happen.

Players who take pleasure in shooting/sinking others on their own team( the pink guys )even though they get penalized for it( there is one in particular running a Destroyer who loves to torpedo his own team mates - he has got me 3 times!!! ), players who run and hide and only dash in to snipe( i.e. let someone else do the heavy work on a ship then run in for a kill shot to get credit for sinking it and then run away again ), or they just try to survive the battle without actually fighting in it at all and will leaver you to die without helping.

I have progressed along nicely and have a pretty good Cruiser class to fight with already but man it takes forever to get enough credits for research, mod's, and buying the new ships. You also have to research all lover level ships before moving on so you can't pick the class you want to research until all the others are done. So, I have just stuck with the one cruiser class( English )and am trying to max it out and then I will go after Battleships in other countries.

Fun game but man you have to really pay attention to so many things at once that it takes time to get used to that. Also, the enemy( red )will sometimes gang up on you and all their ships run at you at once while all your allies( green )run away and let you die! I have had 6+ ships at once chasing me. You can't survive long when that happens.

If you haven't tried the game, and you like combat games, give it a try. More fun than I thought it would be.

Signing Off
Admiral Hemi
34.gif

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
I have to be honest and admit something that happened after my post above ^^^. My nephew came by the other day. He is a gamer like me. He likes the solo play non online stuff better as I do. However, he actually likes and plays WOWS. In passing I mentioned the game( most likely because it was on my mind from this thread )and to my surprise he likes it and plays it.

He talked me into trying it so I did. Have to say I do like it. Definitely a game that takes a lot of learning to get good. Very easy to get blown up if you can't react and multi task and even then sometimes no matter what you do you die.
shocked2.gif

I am only playing it in Co-Op mode though right now. It is mostly computer opponents with only occasional or few human ones. I have not played any battles where it is all human( and probably won't ). It is easier to learn without having to worry about friendly fire from the pink guys( team killers ). However, even there the things I hate about online multiplayer happen.

Players who take pleasure in shooting/sinking others on their own team( the pink guys )even though they get penalized for it( there is one in particular running a Destroyer who loves to torpedo his own team mates - he has got me 3 times!!! ), players who run and hide and only dash in to snipe( i.e. let someone else do the heavy work on a ship then run in for a kill shot to get credit for sinking it and then run away again ), or they just try to survive the battle without actually fighting in it at all and will leaver you to die without helping.

I have progressed along nicely and have a pretty good Cruiser class to fight with already but man it takes forever to get enough credits for research, mod's, and buying the new ships. You also have to research all lover level ships before moving on so you can't pick the class you want to research until all the others are done. So, I have just stuck with the one cruiser class( English )and am trying to max it out and then I will go after Battleships in other countries.

Fun game but man you have to really pay attention to so many things at once that it takes time to get used to that. Also, the enemy( red )will sometimes gang up on you and all their ships run at you at once while all your allies( green )run away and let you die! I have had 6+ ships at once chasing me. You can't survive long when that happens.

If you haven't tried the game, and you like combat games, give it a try. More fun than I thought it would be.

Signing Off
Admiral Hemi
34.gif

crackmeup2.gif

Once you get a bit more experience, I'd strongly suggest playing Random battles, they are a lot more challenging than co-op (sometimes). Plus you get a lot more XP and credits, so can progress and get better ships faster. I recently purchased the Tier 8 USSR cruiser the Mikhail Kutuzov. I love it, I can annoy battleships and burn them to the ground from over 18KM away. The game can be infuriating sometimes, as often happens with multiplayer games which rely on other people. I am generally a cruiser player, I love the comibination of health, and semi-fast firing guns. I have to admit my favorite ship in the game until the Kutuzov is the German Tier 8, the Yorck. The AP is pretty much useless above 10KM due to the high drag shells, but the HE is good and it's pretty maneuverable. It prepares pretty well for the Admiral Hipper at Tier 8.

Edit: Also, if you haven't already done so, go into settings > controls, and turn on alternative battle interface, display team panels, and show TT reload indicator in addition to main guns. Oh, and show detailed battle ribbons and damage, this will allow you to see when shots are bouncing, overpenetrating, and penetrating, or breaking. It's pretty useful when you are especially shooting at angled ships.

Qt7lGEC.png

http://i.imgur.com/Qt7lGEC.png

Suffice to say I sucked when I was new, and it's taken me a while to "git gud". I do pretty well these days, but dragging up my bad stats from when I was a new player is certainly a time consuming process. I've also gotten saddled with some absolutely terrible teams lately, hence my bad WR
frown.gif

Back