Pretty ships in world of warships

Good to hear things have settled at least. I'm updating the game right now, haven't played it since version 2.1 was current, lol. My kids want to play it with me, so hopefully it is less crash-happy on the Mac this go-round.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Good to hear things have settled at least. I'm updating the game right now, haven't played it since version 2.1 was current, lol. My kids want to play it with me, so hopefully it is less crash-happy on the Mac this go-round.

Oh man are you in for some surprises! Especially the new CV and AA system. Completely different. Many more ship lines in game now too. And they are (sadly) bringing subs in some time soon as well. They are in testing now.

As promised I am doing an update. New ships and Captains for the fleet. Today was update day for WOWS and with it came the release of the full line of the new British Heavy Cruisers, a new Premium British Heavy Cruiser, as well as a new Legendary Capt for the British: Sir Andrew Cunningham.

All picks below on the Atlantic Ocean port.

1. - I picked up the new T6 Premium British CA London. You can earn it for free during this month's final part of the British CA event but I grabbed it anyway and when I do get it for finishing the event missions I will get some doubloons back as compensation for the duplicate ship.
thumbsup2.gif

T6 British Royal Navy Premium Heavy Cruiser London with it's Type 10 perma camo:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

2. - I had got the new T5, T6, and T8 British CA's through drops in token bundles during last months early release event. Didn't get the T7 though but played the T6 enough to have all the XP I would need for the T7 when this update hit today and grabbed that this morning.

T7 British Royal Navy Heavy Cruiser Surrey with a one time use Union Jack camo: (I did not get the perma camo for it yet - maybe down the road if I like it?)

3. - As said ^^^ I had got the new T8 British CA last month and as I did with the T6 I played it enough to have the XP ready for today's update and the arrival of the full line so I could grab the T9 this morning. The ship is getting a Special Capt; The Mighty Jingles. Jingles is a streamer and former WOWS CC who is VERY popular. WG had a contest last year where the winner was turned into an in game Capt. Jingles won (YES! - he is the one I, and most players, wanted). He has no special skills or anything but does have a hilarious voice over. I have had him in reserve since I earned him in an event. Long enough to throw elite Capt XP on him now and then and get him to 19pts without ever playing him. Originally I was going to put him on Goliath but then WG surprised everyone with the Legendary Capt Cunningham and I decided to use him there instead. So Jingles goes on the T9.

T9 British Royal Navy Heavy Cruiser Drake with it's Type 19 perma camo and Capt Jingles:

4. - And last but not least is the new T10 British CA. I used FXP to go from the T9 to the T10. I used some elite Capt XP and got Sir Andrew Cunningham up to 15pts and assigned him to the T10. Will grind out the last 4pts as I didn't want to totally wipe out my ECXP reserves. It takes a LOT to go from 15-19.

T10 British Royal Navy Heavy Cruiser Goliath with it's Type 20 perma camo and Capt Cunningham:

Most painful loss I have ever had in this game. I almost pulled it off but was alone for too long facing too many and eventually died with seconds left before I could kill the last red...

Did something today I seldom do; played some Random (PVP) games. 6 actually. 5 in the T6 British BB Warspite (2-3) and then 1 in the T4 US BB Wyoming (1-0). Ended the day 3-3 with 2 1st place finishes, 2 3rd place finishes, and then an 8th and a last. So not too bad overall (for me). Last time I played a PVP Random game was in Feb 2018 and played 1 Arizona game (a win - was 2nd). Just not a big PVP guy but now and then I jump in for a few.

I had never played Warspite in PVP so that was new. Did ok but was bottom tier in 4 of the 5 and mid tier in the other so T8 in every game. Warspite is a very good ship but it is slow and has limited gun range. The T7 and T8 ships have such an advantage over it. The game I was last I could never catch up and get in range to really shoot before it ended. It was a roll over by our team and the Mercy Rule ended it. I was last and deservedly so LOL. 4 of the games had a CV and the last had 2 CV's. Warspite has so-so AA so that was interesting, especially vs the 2, but again handled it pretty well.

Didn't really want to end the excursion at 2-3 so I grabbed Wyoming which is my most winningest ship in PVP at 56% WR (9 wins in 16 games). Was yet another 2X CV game and at T4 the CV's have a massive edge as AA is so poor. Not only did I do pretty good at 37K damage and 4 Kills but I won the game by defending our base and CV's (they were basically out of planes and could barely defend/fight) vs a red BB and DD that had pushed in all while having both CV's attack me (it was me and our CV's vs the red BB/DD/2 CV's at that point).

Sunk the 2 ships in our base (dodged DD torps 2X's and sunk it then brawled and sunk the BB) and then managed to twist and dodge for the last 2 minutes while both red CV's attacked me over and over and over. They never got me and we won. Had they sunk me it would have just swung the points enough for them to win.

Felt really good carrying a win in PVP where I usually don't play. I also earned my 1st ever Dreadnought Achievement (receive 120%+ of your ships HP in total damage from 4 or more enemy ships and survive the game). Raised my WR in it to 59%.

That's enough PVP for another year or so LOL.

The new European Destroyer line is here. During this current event you can get early access to the T5-T9 DD's by earning tokens that let you unlock them. You get a mission once they are unlocked that let's you earn a special event permanent camo for them called 3 Crowns. I have got all of them and finished off the camo missions. An extra reward for completing the 5 missions is you get a bonus 3 Crowns permanent camo for the T10 DD when the full line goes live next update in April. That is a good reward as T10 perma camos cost 5K Doubloons (which cost real money). Not a huge fan of these DD's. They are pretty weak but not all ships can be super strong. Have most of the XP needed sitting on the T9 now to unlock the T10 when the line goes live in a couple weeks. That will keep my string going of having every line in game done to T10.

The new DD's with the special event 3 Crowns perma camos (in the new Swedish Fjord Port)….

T5 Visby:

T6 Vasteras:

T7 Skane:

T8 Oland:

T9 Ostergotland:

Couple more ships and another new special Capt...

European (ship line in game) Legendary Captain Jerzy Swirski. There is currently a Campaign going where he is the prize. But you can also buy random (ie; the chance of him dropping) bundles in the Armory to get him too. I did this and got him after only a few bought. I can also earn him through the Campaign and when I do it gives 7500 Doubloons as compensation. So well worth me getting him now for a little $$$, so I can use him now on the T10 EU DD Halland (see below), and then earning him for free and getting the Doubloons (approx. $30 USD worth) through the Campaign. I had enough elite Capt XP on hand to take him to 19pts making him my 35th 19pt Capt.

European (ship line in game) T10 Destroyer Halland. I had got the T5-T9 in the early access event last month and did the special event perma camo missions for them (see post ^^^). As a bonus for completing all 5 of those perma camo missions I got the special event camo for the T10. This week's update brought the full line of EU DD's to the tech tree. Had the XP waiting on the T9 to get the T10.

A new Coal ship became available with the update as well. The T10 French Premium Destroyer Marceau. It isn't very good and honestly I had no plans to play it much BUT I had well over 600K Coal on hand (it costs 236K) and it is a T10 Premium for free. T10's get you really good stuff free during a lot of the special events WG does so I got it more for that than anything.

New ships from the Russian Cruiser line split that is happening now and some new Premium Russian Cruisers....

T5 Premium Mikoyan:

T8 Premium Ochakov:

T8 Premium Pyotr Bagration:

T8 Tech Tree Tallinn w/ special event camo "Soviet":

T9 Tech Tree Riga w/ special event camo "Soviet":

2 new 19pt Capts (makes 45 in total) and 4 new ships...

T5 Russian Light Cruiser Kotovsky in "WarHammer 40K" Annihilator camo:

T10 Russian Light Cruiser Alexander Nevsky in "WarHammer 40K" Faith camo:

T8 German Premium BB Odin in Dockyard 2 special event perma camo:

T9 German Premium Large Cruiser Agir in special perma camo Nordic:

19pt Capt #44 assigned to T9 Pan Asian DD Chung Mu:

19pt Capt #45 Tsar Ovechkin assigned to T8 Russian BB Vladivostok:

Last edited:
Originally Posted by NHHEMI

The new DD's with the special event 3 Crowns perma camos (in the new Swedish Fjord Port)….

I like the look of that camo.
Thanks for still posting, I'm still reading.

I like the look of that camo.
Thanks for still posting, I'm still reading.

thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Here is a US T10 Light Cruiser Worcester game from a few days back. This is an obscene amount of damage for this ship in the mode I play (Co-op). This is a ship that relies on damage over time (Co-op games are usually short) and it does not have a big alpha strike ability as the guns are only 152MM (lots of them and fire fast but kind of weak) and it does not have torps. It's armor is kind of weak too so it is easily sunk.

In this game I wound up alone (well our CV was still alive but it was a bot and bot CV's are useless) vs 3 T10 BB's and the T10 CV. We were down points and caps. Somehow I managed to burn all 3 BB's down and find the red CV and sink it with like 15 seconds left in the game. I doubt I will even come close to this kind of game in Worcester ever again.

At this time this game is the 5th highest Worcester game for Co-op on the NA server and it is in the top 10 across all servers for Co-op in the game.
crazy2.gif

Whole bunch of new ships...

The final ship has become available at last from the recent Russian Cruiser line split. It is the new T10 on the new Heavy Cruiser side.

T10 Russian Heavy Cruiser Petropavlovsk w/ Russian Cruiser Event Camo:

WG finally released a premium people have been clamoring for now for years. Unfortunately, they kind of borked it with the too long reload and horribly slow turret rotation. It is a good ship still but because it is not overpowered, and a popular CC trashed it in review, her lemming player base are all up in arms about how bad it is (even though most haven't even played it!). The funny part is most who bought it and have played it like me actually kind of like it; warts and all. Along with CA's release came word of the next line coming out. It will be a US Battleship split (new T8/T9/T10 to go with current T8/T9/T10 - splits at T7). I am really looking forward to those (probably around Sept).

T7 Premium US Battleship California w/ Freedom Camo:

The current game "event" is for the new German Aircraft Carriers. You can get the T4/T6/T8 in early access via missions from crates. I have got all 3 and I have done the missions to get the special event perma camo's called "Iron Cross" for all 3. I really like the camo's (shown). The CV's themselves are kind of weak but they aren't too bad. I rate the in game CV's by nation as 1- US / 2- Japanese / 3- German / 4- British.

T4 Rhein w/ Iron Cross Camo:

T6 Weser w/ Iron Cross Camo:

T8 August Von Parseval w/ Iron Cross Camo:

Last edited:
Another new ship. German T8 Premium Light Cruiser Mainz. Basically a Heavy Cruiser with 12 Light Cruiser guns (152MM). Very fun ship.

q8MnnSw.jpg

Best game in it so far...

pZS1I9H.jpg

faGtwiD.jpg

fjbZrUe.jpg

New additions to the fleet.

The 1st is the brand new (to game) T10 German CV Manfred Von Richthofen. While the planes are not great it has excellent secondary guns and armor. I have built it as an unconventional (for a CV) secondary brawler. It is crazy nuts fun to play that way. Best game in it so far was a loss but had over 550 secondary hits. Shown below in it's special Iron Cross perma camo...

hkxT2gU.jpg

cuXvVsg.jpg

Next up is the new T9 Premium German BB Pommern. This BB is a souped up version of the tech tree T9 BB Friedrich der Große. FDG is ok, it is very tough (good armor) and the secondary guns are excellent, but it only has 8 406MM (or optional 420MM that take longer to reload) guns and they are not overly accurate (been buffed recently though so a little better). Not a great ship but not horrible either. The Pommern has 12 380MM guns. Despite a smaller caliber with 4 more shells being thrown in theory it should do better damage wise. Unfortunately, WG made it the most inaccurate T9 BB in the game. I believe Stevie Wonder is the gunnery officer on it. :geek: However, it has the same excellent armor and secondary guns PLUS it gets a set of torpedo launchers on each side which pack a decent punch if you can get close enough to use them. Took me a little bit to warm up to it but it is actually very good.

I have every T9 BB in the game currently (tech and premium) and after 30 games played Pommern sits alone atop average damage (105K a game avg) and is only the 2nd to average 100K+ a game. My best game in it so far (shown below) is the 3rd highest single game damage total. This is a really good ship and it didn't cost me anything as I used some of my huge Coal stockpile (resource you get free in game as a reward for a variety of things) to get it.

The current in game monthly event awards a free Iron Cross perma camo for it once completed which will be nice. Free is good. The camo shown in the pic is the standard perma camo it comes with.

kc292Ev.jpg

6RSblEW.jpg

Next we have the new T6 Premium German CV Erich Loewenhardt. It's a decent little T6 CV. Nothing spectacular but it's ok. Was cheap and it has it's own special mission chain during this event so it helps out. Best game so far was 97K in damage but these days I don't keep games unless they are really good. That is good for a T6 CV but not quite good enough.

TvYRKrw.jpg

And I saved the best for last. 2+ years ago WG announced a new T10 Premium French BB; the Bourgogne. Basically Bourgogne is a better version of the French T9 tech tree BB Alsace which is hands down one of my favorites in the game. I wanted it bad but then WG kicked me where it hurts and made it a Steel ship. Steel at the time was a resource you could only acquire through 2 game modes = Ranked and Clan Battles unless you got unbelievably lucky and got it in a Super Container (1500) but those are super rare. I don't and won't play either. So sadly Bourgogne was out of reach.

But WG listened to the overall player base (and ignored the elitists who wanted it kept exclusive so they could feel superior to others - stupid in a game but it is what it is I guess) who wanted other means to get Steel even if it took longer than playing Ranked and Clan Battles. They started Christmas of 2018 with a special event called Snowflakes. You could play a game in a ship and if you won the game it knocked the snowflake off the ship. Depending on what the ship was (ie; tier and tech tree or premium) it awarded various things like camos, flag, Coal, and best of all STEEL! You could only do it once p/ ship but it was a decent amount (50 or 100 depending on tier). They also had some other events going on that year at Christmas that also awarded Steel.

It was great. I got enough Steel that 1st year to get the T7 US Premium Light Cruiser Flint and have almost 4K Steel left. WG hinted that this was a one time event to appease the angry player base so I didn't save it towards Bourgogne. However, the event was so popular and generated so much good will that WG brought it back for Christmas 2019. You didn't get as much Steel but you got a lot with a big fleet like I have. Since then they have added Steel here and there as rewards in other events and this summer they started adding it in small amounts (40 p/ day max) to the daily mission chain rewards (6 missions p/ day - complete 5 and 6 and get 20 Steel for each). My hoard slowly started to build.

So after 2 years of saving, and beyond my wildest dreams, last week I was able to get Bourgogne (28,000 Steel but I had a 25% coupon so 22,500). I even had 1 Steel left to start the new hoard LOL. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to play it much. Been busy doing tasks in the current event and it isn't a ship that qualifies to do the tasks. Have only been able to play 2 games as of this post but it is awesome. Averaging 187K damage with a 211K high in the 2 games. I foresee a lot of games played in this ship down the road.

Z7fLXNg.jpg

r1jSlUM.jpg

That should cover it for a while. 😎

Just set a new highest single game damage record for myself in WOWS. Was playing the new German T9 Premium Battleship Pommern (see post above). I had time to take all 3 caps before killing the CV which would have really boosted the Base XP and rewards but just wanted to get on with it so went right at CV. Was down 4V1 at the end (our bot CV was alive but they are useless so doesn't count).

3cx9uUi.jpg

BEkHz1J.jpg

XQ7XcDC.jpg

Couple new ships for the fleet...

The 1st ship is the T8 US Premium Heavy Cruiser Anchorage. This is the new Dockyard 3.0 ship. Basically that means as you play and earn building tokens it builds the ship for you (and you can watch/view progress in the dockyard). Once you complete all 20 building phases (18 can be done free by playing - last 2 must be bought with Doubloons which = approx $14 USD) the ship is yours.

I bought all 20 of the building phases out with Doubloons as the compensation for completing the building phases if you had already bought them is a special resource (Resource Bureau Points) that can be used to get special ships (only way to get them). I won't actually participate in the RB as it requires you to reset lines you have already ground out to T10 back to T1 and start over to get RB pts and that is a big arse NOPE! But, I will gather the points through any other alternate means I can as there are a couple RB pt ships I want. Buying out this Dockyard event will net me 10,800 RB pts and with what I have already it gets me about 40% or so +/- to a ship I really want (T10 US Premium BB Ohio).

Anchorage is the only US Heavy Cruiser with torpedoes in game plus it gets a smoke. It is basically a T8 version of the T0 US Heavy Cruiser Buffalo that trades heal and radar for the aforementioned torps and smoke. 12 203MM guns. The ship is very strong.

Anchorage w/ special Dockyard "National" perma camo:
BScFdKR.jpg

Anchorage w/ standard perma camo:
ZV88hQ5.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________________

The other ship is the T8 British Premium Aircraft Carrier Indomitable. September is WOWS's 5th Anniversary. The are having a celebration event with ship "flakes". Flake events are great. Every qualifying ship gets a flake on it in your port. Play a game with the ships with flakes, and win, and you get a special reward (can only do once p/ ship). In this event for knocking a flake off your T10 ships you got a Super Container. I got Indomitable out of one of them.

Indomitable is not a very good CV. Frankly it might be the worst one I have played in the game. It does not have torpedo planes (just rocket attack planes and dive bombers) and it has very small attack squadrons (only 6 rocket planes p/ squad and 4 dive bombers p/ squad). It only has a 24 plane reserve as well. The alpha strike damage from the rockets and bombers is very weak as well. This ship relies on long games and setting a lot of fires to do it's damage over extended periods of time. That doesn't work well in PVP modes let alone in Co-op where I play that has an average game length of about 5 mins.

But, it is a $49 USD ship that was free so (y)

Indomitable w/ standard perma camo:
7Hd5V0v.jpg

Back