Pretty ships in world of warships

Small update although a lot of pics...

I. - This month is the 5 Year Anniversary of WOWS going live (ie; leaving closed Beta). They have done quite a few things for the Anniversary event this year. One thing they did is kind of cool IMO. They did a little presentation for each players with some info/highlights of their time in game. It is an animated presentation (the ship you see in 1st pic sails to each of the highlight markers on the map/ocean and you make it go or stop). I didn't feel like recording it so I just stopped at each marker and did a screenshot to post.

iDT8KwU.jpg

31D2BUy.jpg

m50gMD6.jpg

F3ajBEt.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

II. - Today kicked off the WOWS and Hasbro collaboration that brings Transformers Captains and special camos to the game. I was a big Transformers fan as a kid so as much as it makes me feel like a dork now I don't care (LOL) and I was able to get all 4 Captains and the camos out of crates. There are 4 Transformer characters they made into Captains; Optimus Prime and Bumblebee for the Autobots and then Megatron and Rumble for the Decepticons. Each Transformer has a matching T10 ship in the game and gets a special perma camo for it. In port the character is shown standing on the ship's deck (it moves and transforms off and on - quite cool).

In a game if it is your Capt for the ship you see the character in a special seat firing the rearward most turret on the front of the ship. They also got some of the original voice actors to do the voices for them which is nice. Absolutely lost it laughing in 1st game I played with Optimus Prime as Captain. At game start he said... "I am Optimus Prime Autobots roll out". 😍(y)(y)

I put the 4 Captains in the reserves mainly because they are only 10pts and I have 19pt Capts for the ships they go on. .Just leaving them in reserves for now. However, I did make Optimus Prime a 19pt Capt right off and used him for a couple games on his ship though. The characters, ships, and camos are...

T10 US BB Montana
Optimus Prime (Autobot)
I1rXTio.jpg

iHxSHy7.jpg

T10 US DD Gearing
Bumblebee (Autobot)
OFiwdG7.jpg

Sw90Sh0.jpg

T10 German BB Großer Kurfürst
Megatron (Decepticon)
kktUPmJ.jpg

9cND2hE.jpg

T10 Russian DD Khabarovsk
Rumble (Decepticon)
2kwueqy.jpg

Yq2X1up.jpg

Haven't posted a game result for a while so here is one I just had. Best game to date (damage and BXP) in the US T8 Premium BB Alabama. This is my 34th 1000+ BXP game in Co-op (1000+ BXP in this mode is very hard to do and rare) and it is my 10th highest Co-op BXP game overall. It is also my 1st 1000+ BXP in a T8 or lower ship (the rest all T9 and T10).

The team melted fast leaving me alone vs the red bot Monarch and North Carolina and the red bot CV. The CV is no threat but 2 BB's inside the cap close is but I was able to weather the storm and take them out. That left it me vs the CV with us down on caps and points. So took 2 caps to swing points in our favor then charged the CV melting it's planes as I went. When the smoke cleared it was a victory with an excellent BXP result. :cool:

Alabama is a very good ship that is underrated and under appreciated in game.

Alabama in it's special 75 Years Victory Day Camo:
fUHvS89.jpg

Game Results:
8lCigbb.jpg

c2wc67e.jpg

6UVVeqP.jpg

Couple new ships.

Currently we are in the event for the US Battleship line split where a 2nd side with new T8/T9/T10 BB's are being added (wish they had done more than just the 3). There is a big event mission that has 4 parts (weeks) that will give you the new T8 if you complete it (I will - done the 1st 2).

You can earn tokens by playing and also by buying random bundles in the Armory with Doubloons that have tokens. These random bundles have the chance to drop the new T9 BB. I bought a few bundles and was lucky and got it very early. I then used tokens and was able to buy the token bundles that gave a special event Gold Eagle perma camo for the new T8 as well as the new T7 US Premium BB Florida w/ the special event Gold Eagle perma camo.

The new T9 and T10 BB's have the special event Gold Eagle perma camos available too BUT it takes a boat load (pun intended) of tokens to get them and you can't earn enough free to do so. I have already spent some $$$ to get what I have so far and am undecided if I will spend more $$$ for these? I won a T9 EPOCH perma camo in last update's event (Anchorage Dockyard) that could be used on any T9 ship so I used it on the new T9 BB. These special US BB Gold Eagle camos are nice but very $$$. They are very limited time availability as well and then they won't be sold again so it would be nice to have them from a collectors stand point. We will see...

T7 US Premium BB Florida w/ Gold Eagle perma camo:
fUYCCuu.jpg

T9 US BB Minnesota with EPOCH perma camo:
8f1zjV0.jpg

Finished up part 1 (ie; 1st month of the 2 month event) of the US BB line split. Had got the new T9 Minnesota as shown above in early access through a random bundle drop and finished up all the event missions tasks this morning which awarded the new T8 Kansas. Kansas below sporting the special event perma camo Gold Eagle...

nizWk0A.jpg

Today, I played my only game where someone complained in chat to me. PM me if you want his player name.
It was a Co-op game. I played a Derzki, he played a Kaiser. When the game began, he stated "I need to get 3 ribbons today".

I sunk 3 ships: Kaiser with 29K in damages, Tenryu with 12640 in damage and I took out a Langley with 3 torps at 9935 in damage.
When I sunk the CV, he said, "you greedy basterd, you sunk 3 and you didn't let me get 1". "I told you I needed 3 ribbons today".

Today, I played my only game where someone complained in chat to me. PM me if you want his player name.
It was a Co-op game. I played a Derzki, he played a Kaiser. When the game began, he stated "I need to get 3 ribbons today".

I sunk 3 ships: Kaiser with 29K in damages, Tenryu with 12640 in damage and I took out a Langley with 3 torps at 9935 in damage.
When I sunk the CV, he said, "you greedy basterd, you sunk 3 and you didn't let me get 1". "I told you I needed 3 ribbons today".
Yeah, some people just make you LOL

The new T10 Tech Tree US BB Vermont finally became available on Wednesday. Had the XP waiting for it on the T9 Minnesota so got it that morning. The guns are absolutely insane. 12X 457MM. Had a 19pt Capt sitting in reserves waiting for it as well.

HRqk7lx.jpg

PnB6MmP.jpg

1st game went well.

SkCDxA6.jpg

E74D2oJ.jpg

jChvPTz.jpg

Bunch of new ships and a new Legendary Capt...

Legendary Captain Yamamoto (Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto from WW2). Previously this Capt was only available through a PVP Campaign. As I only play Co-op I was not able to earn him (and he was the only one I didn't have). However, while just browsing the Campaigns recently to check on some info while helping another player I discovered WG made some of the tasks Co-op doable so I could earn him. They never announced it either which is really odd? But am glad they did.

In the next update there will be a massive change to the Captain system. It is going to be a mess with huge changes to the skills and increasing the maximum pts from 19 currently to 21 after the rework. Not looking forward to this change like most players. As a result I have left Yamamoto in Reserves and have not assigned him or added pts. Waiting to see how things shake out 1st then will use him. I hope to assign him to the T10 Japanese Battleship Yamato but we will see.

IgJi8K6.jpg

Next up the ships. Two are ships I purchased with real money using Coupons ($$$), Two are ships I received in Santa crates (SC), one is a Coal ship (C), one is the reward ship for the newest Campaign In Pursuit Of Strasbourg (IPS) that I purchased and will get Doubloons compensation when I earn it/finish Campaign, and the last is the ship you build in the current Dockyard (D) that I bought out to get the Steel and RB points you get as compensation for finishing all the tasks to build it.

T7 German Premium Light Cruiser Munchen ($$$):
RC9BciK.jpg

T7 French Premium BB Strasbourg (IPS):
1RNPOtO.jpg

T8 German DD Z-35 (SC):
1w5NtEP.jpg

T8 British Premium Light Cruiser Belfast 1943 ($$$):
W4jsiUZ.jpg

T9 German Premium DD Z-44 (C):
tVghDlz.jpg

T9 Russian Premium DD Neustrashimy (SC):
AaV2m43.jpg

T9 Japanese Premium BB Hizen (D):
Ix8DkAS.jpg

Here is a replay of my best game to date in the US T9 Tech Tree BB Minnesota. Lots of people don't like it because it is slow with a long reload but I like the ship. This match shows how good it can be.

WG is trying to ruin WOWS with a horrible Captain rework so not sure how much longer I will be playing. Still am for now so...

4 new ships for the fleet.

1. T4 Italian Tech Tree Battleship (BB) Dante Alighieri. The new Italian BB's are not due until next update (early access event) but WG is partnered with Twitch and for players with Twitch Prime there are monthly freebies. This month they gave the new T4 BB in early/early access LOL. Was a real life ship that wasn't very good/didn't really do anything of note and in game it isn't very good. But it gets me started on the line for free.
  2. T6 Commonwealth Premium Light Cruiser (CL) Mysore. Mysore represents a real ship. Was originally the Fiji class British CL HMS Nigeria and served in WW2. Was sold to India in 1954 and renamed Mysore. For in game purposes it is basically a T6 Fiji (Fiji is the British T7 tech tree CL and one of my favorites in game). Dropping to T6 came at a heavy cost however for Mysore in WOWS. The loss of one of the rear turrets (although to be fair this happened IRL too), the reload was nerfed from 7.5 sec to 10.7 sec, it lost the heal, and it lost its torps. The smoke was changed from the standard stationary smoke screen to the Commonwealth style creeping smoke (this is a neutral change). Good ship still however.
  3. T8 Pan-Asian (*) Premium Aircraft Carrier (CV) Sanzang. This is a "themed" ship for the Lunar New Year event. The ship, special camo, and Captain that come with it are named after a Buddhist Monk/Philosopher from the Chinese Novel: Journey To The West. The actual ship is the US T8 Premium CV Saipan (real ship that served in WW2) that has been added as a Premium to the Pan-Asian line with the special Captain and camo. I like Saipan a lot and this is the exact same ship just with the ugly as all get out camo that makes it look like a Chinese take out restaurant. 🤮
  4. T9 Pan-Asian (*) Battleship (BB) Wujing. Another Lunar New Year event themed ship. The ship, special camo, and Captain that come with it are named after a Disciple of the Buddhist Monk/Philosopher from Journey To The West that is the Captain on the T8 CV. The ship is actually the T9 French Tech Tree BB Alsace. Alsace was a real life design from the 1930's (2 were scheduled to be built) but construction never began as they needed new infrastructure and new dockyards to build them and then Germany defeated France in WW2 before they could begin. Alsace is a really good ship in game and one of my favorites. Wujing is exactly the same ship just wearing a garish camo.
(*) - "Pan" ships in WOWS represent ships that originally served for one country but were eventually sold to other countries where they served for that nation (like Mysore above even though it is not in a Pan line). These countries didn't have big navies of their own or the ability to build modern ships and such so they bought ships being retired from other countries (usually the US, Britain, or Russia). The "Pan" part means it is a group of these types of nations and then the geographic region (such as Asia) are added to show where they are from. In game Pan-Asia represents countries around the WW1-Korean War era that bought the ships. Asia is for countries like China, Taiwan, Korea, Indonesia, etc... There is also Pan-America which covers nations in South America (only a couple ships in this line but more to come they tell us). Pan-Asia gets a lot of the Lunar New Year Event themed ships and these may or may not be real ships or ships that were sold to other countries like the 2 above.

Dante Alighieri:
CqVRYZH.jpg

Mysore:
xfepF9T.jpg

Sanzang + Captain:
25y1z9t.jpg

cKv2X2Y.jpg

Wujing + Captain:
2hxphH6.jpg

kf9KjlE.jpg

Pushed the graphics settings too high on a new Mac Mini. I have a 1440 monitor.
It looked great at first and halfway through the game everything went down hill. Definitely not the Macs fault.

IMG_0117.jpeg

Pushed the graphics settings too high on a new Mac Mini. I have a 1440 monitor.
It looked great at first and halfway through the game everything went down hill. Definitely not the Macs fault.

View attachment 43759

I have the same problem on my Mac Pro if I push it too far, textures start to disappear. Doesn't happen in World of Tanks though.

Well, that's just sad. WoT works beautifully.
The people that run WOWS (Developers) just have no clue how to run a business or even a game. They intentionally go out of their way to discard or alienate segments of their base. Just makes no sense.

Not sure I believe them RE: Mac OS, as they lie so often, but FWIW this is what they said...
Captains!

World of Warships is constantly evolving, with new ships and maps appearing in the game on a regular basis. We also add a lot of other content, such as new technologies intended to boost performance and enhance the quality of the audio and graphics.

In order to maintain that level of productivity, we unfortunately have to cease support for macOS.

The popularity of this operating system (OS) is quite low among our players. Aside from that, this OS has a number of specific features that take a lot of time and effort to manage on the part of our Dev Team. This has a negative impact on game development and hampers our ability to add new content and improvements. Bearing all these factors in mind, we've decided to cease support for macOS.

Support for the macOS operating system will cease with the release of Update 0.10.0. World of Warships will perform as intended on computers running Windows 7 x64 / 8.1 / 10.

We're informing you in advance of these planned changes. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding. We would also like to share a couple of possible options that might allow macOS players to continue enjoying World of Warships:

World of Warships is available via GeForce NOW. For more info, go to https://www.nvidia.com/geforce-now/
Players with macOS can try using Boot Camp to launch the Windows operating system on their device and play World of Warships. For more info, navigate to https://support.apple.com/HT201468. Please note: Boot Camp is not officially supported by Wargaming, and we do not guarantee that World of Warships will run correctly when using it.

The new Italian BB line is now out in early access (all except the T10 which won't be available for 2 more updates :sneaky:). I have acquired all the ones possible to this point (T4 shown above that was early early access through Twitch Prime - so the others are T5/T6/T8/T9 - T7 is a reward for finishing the event directives so don't have it yet - 2 more weeks). I am not a fan of these new BB's at all. They just aren't good.

The armor is ok and can tank some if you bow in to everything but otherwise it is awful and the main guns are totally unreliable and wonky (think Stevie Wonder trains them how to shoot). When this line was announced the description sounded like an entire line of Roma's (the Italian T8 Premium BB which I hate) and that is what we ended up with - a whole line of crap. You can't hit anything with the guns and if you do somehow the damage is pathetic, the AA stat wise is ok but the range is so short it is almost useless, the secondary guns have decent range and there are lots of them but most can't even pen DD armor so all they do is set fires so more useless, the armor is super squishy other than bow tanking as said, and on and on. Suck after suck after suck.

I am grinding the T9 to have the XP ready for when the T10 is available as I always do every line in game to T190 (like them or not). Otherwise, these ships will only be used for flake events (gives rewards like Coal and Steel) or if their is some kind of mission tasks that needs an Italian BB. Just port queens the rest of the time.

T5 Conte Di Cavour: (no camo)
yTTfo9t.jpg

T6 Andrea Doria: (no camo - and not the "famous" one most know - this is a different ship/class of BB and WG used the name)
xL1KkuK.jpg

T8 Vittorio Veneto: (w/ the special Italian BB event LEGION Perma Camo)
tFQmHmV.jpg

T9 Lepanto: (w/ the special Italian BB event LEGION Perma Camo)
Vmjg3Lv.jpg

Also, as a bonus, here is a replay of the 2nd highest damage game to date I have had. It is in my favorite ship in the game at this time the T10 US Premium BB Ohio. 360K damage, 7 Kills, and 1088 BXP. One heck of a game.

Back