Tell us about your first car

Status
Not open for further replies.
1972 Mazda pickup w8th 1.6L and 4 on the floor. My dad bought it for $100 when I was 14 with 2 blown engines. We cannibalized as many parts as possible, bought a few new, and had it running before I got my first drivers' license. Drove it for a couple of years and sold it for $300, upgrading to a 1969 Plymouth Duster with slant 6 225 and three on a tree.

1985 Buick Skyhawk 4-door. 2-tone blue, Chev 2.0L 4-cylinder auto. 60k miles.

Bought it for $1200 as a 'grandma's car' a few blocks from me.

Steering was a little stiff. 'Oh, it's nothing, it loosens up when it warms up.' Yup, sure, until the rack fails.

That was just the start. 2 years and $4500+ went into that car until I gave up on it at about 90k miles. Everything that could go wrong, did.

Ironic thing is that after I traded it in, a young lady who lived near-ish to me ended up with it, and it was on the road for more than 2 more years...saw it every once in a while, running just fine. Burned me to no end.

Was given my Dad'd old 1979 GMC Jimmy (Sierra Classic) 4x4, 350 small block, Muncie SM465 4-speed manual. About 145K miles when I got, Drove it through high school then my first year of college. Loved the truck, put 31x10.5 all terrains on chrome wagon wheels and added lighting to the push bar. Beast mode 4x4 for a high school kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back