New Formula for Quaker State Ultimate Durability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Izb
QSUD is much quiet due to Moly 252ppm(QS UD) vs 50ppm(PP)

I know there's a recent VOA showing that 252 ppm Moly. But, can that be reproduced or verified with other UOA's or VOA's? I have my doubts they made such a leap from 50 ppm moly in 2013, to 250 ppm worth. And that doesn't make sense if their PP wasn't also given the same dose of moly. Any proof of that yet? Let's not forget the PYB sample of a couple years ago (see below) that looked like the best synthetic Pennzoil ever made...and in a conventional bottle no less! It had superbly low 6.5% Noack, high TBN of 9.46, Moly 272 ppm, and Boron 119 ppm....in a 0w-20. And that sample could never be duplicated since....a fluke. RAT's blog does suggest something changed in QSUD for the better....though precisely what?

Recent thread on lots of moly in new QSUD and link to 2016 voa

PQIA PYB sample showing the amazing PYB

As I recall , we know that amazing PYB sample was partlya result of the GTL base stock that was used due to logistics / availability of the primary PYB base that is usually used . *The only way to understand better what is going on is to take PPPP and QSUD formulations with similar date codes over a period of time and perform VOA's. Even then , we will never fully know ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back