New Quaker State Ultimate Protection

I do not think SOPUS has done the best marketing for their synthetic oils : Why would I use (if it can be found) PUP over PPP ? QS does a little better with explaining new QSUP vs. QSFS but still not exactly sure what I get by spending $2.00 more for jug with QSUP ?
Or poor marketing - take the RGT attempt … I have it in the beloved Jeep bcs I got it on clearance - but no doubt in my mind that QSFS is a better value at full price …

Kinda funny/odd that this “ultra protection” is dollar more than “ultimate durability”. Just a observation is all

Kinda funny/odd that this “ultra protection” is dollar more than “ultimate durability”. Just a observation is all
No reason not to spring for it being alitte over a dollar more if its available. Have not purchased any yet -- but will soon enough. Its at my Walmart -- seen it last week.

I just saw it here today in El Dorado. And it's priced with under a couple bucks from the Quaker State ultimate. It was under $25 for 5 quarts so that's fairly reasonable. I don't know how it will compare to ExxonMobil EP, but for a lot of people it hits the right price point. I've kind of thought that their high mileage full synthetic was a good performer.

I just saw it here today in El Dorado. And it's priced with under a couple bucks from the Quaker State ultimate. It was under $25 for 5 quarts so that's fairly reasonable. I don't know how it will compare to ExxonMobil EP, but for a lot of people it hits the right price point. I've kind of thought that their high mileage full synthetic was a good performer.
🥱🥱🥱🥱

I know a few of us were waiting on VOA's to come back. I came across a Youtube video of someone I subscribe to and he sent in a VOA of this in 0w20 if anyone is interested in looking at his report back from Blackstone, He post the sheet in his video. Interesting the TBN was 6.5.

In my confusion, I'd still like to know the actual difference between the 'ultra protection' and the 'ultimate durability'. Also, what are they going to do for a name when the next greatest oil comes along ?

I know a few of us were waiting on VOA's to come back. I came across a Youtube video of someone I subscribe to and he sent in a VOA of this in 0w20 if anyone is interested in looking at his report back from Blackstone, He post the sheet in his video. Interesting the TBN was 6.5.

475*F flash point seems like the most impressive thing in that report

In my confusion, I'd still like to know the actual difference between the 'ultra protection' and the 'ultimate durability'. Also, what are they going to do for a name when the next greatest oil comes along ?
The 'Ultimate Durability' moniker was dropped for just plain 'Full Synthetic' over a year ago. SOPUS claim this Walmart exclusive (at least for now) has a better add pack, which is why so many were waiting on the VOA.

The 'Ultimate Durability' moniker was dropped for just plain 'Full Synthetic' over a year ago. SOPUS claim this Walmart exclusive (at least for now) has a better add pack, which is why so many were waiting on the VOA.
Thank you for that clarification, or should I say translation of advertising gobbletygook . . . The QS Ultimate Protection is a bargain now at Walmart anyway - cheaper than Pennzoil Platinum, Supertech, Castrol, Mobil-1, and whoever else I've left out.

Ford Boss Me Youtube video posted yesterday has BLACKSTONE Laboratories V.O.A. for Q.S.U.P. (?) 0w-20 . TBN is 6.5 . For more info of the Q.S.U.P. start at 3:21 into the 6:27 report . There are other V.O.A.s of 0w-20 synthetic oils that include M1 E.P. , Halvoline Pro D.S (?) , and Valvoline E.P. .

Last edited:
Isn't the virgin TBN pretty well worthless on most lubricants now, since they may contain non metallic additives that neutralize the relatively weak acids that come from today's ultra low sulfur fuels, while the standard method of calculating TBN test mostly just looks at the metallic additives.

Back