Window Channel/Visors

Status
Not open for further replies.
09 Tundra Trying to decide on whether to buy window channels / visors and then what style.

Truck is not spotless but looks pretty good. I don't want to look like I just drove through AutoZone and
picked up chrome everything/accessories. I have noticed some have a lower profile, might be a better look?

Some choices here, guy was pretty helpful. Examples

Advice/recommendations.

The last 2 sets have not been in channel. The mounting of the set on the Xterra were a bit of a pain.
Should have probably paid dealership to mount but didn't. Look good and effective.
The set I got from big brand company mail order for the Scion were low profile. While look ok, not very effective as they are so close to the glass even if window is down little to no air passes. Will probably can them next summer.

Originally Posted By: coopns
09 Tundra Trying to decide on whether to buy window channels / visors

Do you NEED them, or WANT them?

I've yet to have them on a vehicle. I could see how the visor would be nice, especially if living in a more southern area. The window things, I haven't seen a need for them, not in a vehicle with working AC.

To each their own. But if you were looking for votes on which way to go, I'd skip. That said, if you want them, I'd make sure to read reviews. tundratalk.net might have some reviews and pictures of installs also. youtube likely has reviews also, along with installation how-to's.

I dont smoke in my car. I see no reason to install them as I dont personally think they look good.

I have the In Channel ones on the Yukon they looks good. They don't look good on the trailblazer so I don't have them.

Originally Posted By: supton
I could see how the visor would be nice, especially if living in a more southern area. The window things, I haven't seen a need for them, not in a vehicle with working AC.

I had them on my last vehicle which was a Crown Vic. Figured it would work well in Miami Beach heat.

It did not keep the car any cooler with the windows cracked while sitting in the blazing sun all day plus when the landscapers came [they are everywhere here everyday] the whole interior would be full of grass and dirt.

But yes if your A/C is up to speed your vehicle should cool down in seconds. I leave mine set in automatic all the time. A sun shield on the windshield and tinted windows all around are a much better way to go IMHO. But to each their own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back