Window channel felt lube

Looking for some dry lubricant for my 2017 Volkswagen Gti's window channels.

The rubber is binding and rubbing when rising, and also looking for something to stop the window creaking when up against the felt strip.

Seeing a lot of recommendation for a dry lube, but looking for what's best.

Sil Glyde is perfect for this. Apply with a q-tip or really any narrow tool into the channel, or on the window and then raise it.

It will leave a little residue on the window for a short while, but then it will absorb into the rubber and not be an issue. besides taking care of the squeak or friction, it will also condition the material and prolong the life.

Sil Glyde is perfect for this. Apply with a q-tip or really any narrow tool into the channel, or on the window and then raise it.

It will leave a little residue on the window for a short while, but then it will absorb into the rubber and not be an issue. besides taking care of the squeak or friction, it will also condition the material and prolong the life.
I have some at 205 and shin etsu grease, do you think silglyde is best?

I have some at 205 and shin etsu grease, do you think silglyde is best?
I was going to say shin etsu. I bought my 2015 accord new off the lot, and it had a very thin residue of what I believe to be shin etsu on all four windows. Makes me think they grease things a tiny bit from the factor…

I’ve always heard to use dry lubricant, but the solvents I wouldn’t want on the rubbber…

If you already have Shin-etsu, use that. Very similar. I'm not sure what "at 205" means. Sil Glyde is just a poor-man's Shin-Etsu.

I was going to say shin etsu. I bought my 2015 accord new off the lot, and it had a very thin residue of what I believe to be shin etsu on all four windows. Makes me think they grease things a tiny bit from the factor…

I think you are correct.

If you already have Shin-etsu, use that. Very similar. I'm not sure what "at 205" means. Sil Glyde is just a poor-man's Shin-Etsu.

I think you are correct.
At-205 is a rubber sweller, I use it on my rubber bushings that creak

Back