Picked up a 2013 Toyota Venza

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wanted one of these since they came out in 2009. My 11 Malibu lease was coming to an end and work let us out early due to the snow yesterday in NJ, decided to hit up the dealer on a slow day.

Bought a 2013 LE Awd CPO with 12,000 miles and the platinum extended warranty 7year/100k (got it for $800 flat down from $2500) since a dealer in the Midwest was kind enough to post actuals on the pricing.

Feels solid, rides great in the snow and the 4 banger seems adequate enough for a dd.

I will say that leasing is definitely not for me and I'm glad to be done with the experience. Hoping for a long and reliable relationship with this car lol.

Decided to go with a change of color as well since I've owned Silver or gray cars my whole life.

IMG_20140121_152127_zpstnzgmey3.jpg

What is Venza classified ? Mini-van or micro-van or wagon ?

Of all the SUV, mini-van ... I like Venza size the best, not too tall, not too big.

Originally Posted By: Anies
yes the tires are of some concern down the road.

Yeah a 245 50 20 will run you between $200-300 per tire without all the extra fess. Your looking at about $1000-$1200 for a full set if you them from somewhere like tire discounters.

Should be more, wife's Subaru bridgestone 16's were 330 a piece. The tire on the venza is the sane brand and model. When the time comes I'll have to ask my mechanic buddy if he can get em cheaper than other places.

When I fill the tank I'll monitor and post mpg results and the average after a few tanks.

I have a 2009 AWD V6. Hard on fuel, but wow, when you call for power, the V6 just delivers. IIRC, 0 - 60 in the 6 second range. If you get dedicated steel rims and snow tires, your summers will last longer. 18" rims and a taller tire work well. Looks like you have your fair share of winter in Jersey this year.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Originally Posted By: Anies
yes the tires are of some concern down the road.

Yeah a 245 50 20 will run you between $200-300 per tire without all the extra fess. Your looking at about $1000-$1200 for a full set if you them from somewhere like tire discounters.

Congrats on the new ride!

I wouldn't worry too much about tires. Pretty much all tires are expensive - we put new tires on the wife's Escape and they were ~$200/ea at Costco.

Hit up Tire Rack - you can get decent 245/50 R20's for around $200 per tire which isn't bad.

Nice ride. I've always really liked the Venzas. And I think the 2.7L I-4 is the right choice, too. I had the 2.5L version in our 2011 Camry and it was wonderful engine.

Thanks all! Yeah as much as wanted the v6, it didn't bring anything new to the table that the 4 couldn't do. I'm surprised at how well mannered and quiet it is and that it can move far better than my Malibu.

Looks like the I4 LE awd comes with 245/55/19 size tires. So that should help a bit on cost. Enjoy!

Just looked on DTD and they have some decent tires(Cooper, Bridgestone and Yokohama) around $180 each with free shipping less rebates of around $55.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Lots nicer than that Honda piglet that it competes with IMO.
I bet similar Honda can be purchased at half the price as NOBDY in the world wants it :)

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Lots nicer than that Honda piglet that it competes with IMO.
I bet similar Honda can be purchased at half the price as NOBDY in the world wants it :)

I'm sure someone somewhere wants that Crosstour but it is not me...

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Nice ride. I've always really liked the Venzas.

Same here,I've always thought they're a good looking car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back