Switching from Mobil 1 - Recommendations & Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
I intend to switch from M1 to PU for the next oil change in my S2000 (and get a UOA of the M1). It will be my first change with anything other than M1 but I've been consuming a lot of information on this site and it seems to indicate that PU is the best commonly available oil right now, as marginal as that difference may be.

Thanks. 51.4 mpg to be exact & I don't even practice any hypermiling techniques, I drive normally & keep up w/ the traffic at all times. But I don't go over 80 & never race off the line.

I never did crack 50 mpg with M1, GC, much less the Dino oil until I switched to RP.

IMO, RP made all the difference because there're no other variables in my daily commute. Same gas, tires, psi, route, weather condition, temp etc.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
50mpg?????? Man that`s insane!!!!!!
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Kool1
I personally ran M1 years ago and my valvetrain sounded like a loud sewing machine. I haven't run M1 in years but am now using M1 Extended Performance and can say that the valvetrain is nice and quiet. All of this is in my 03 CRV. I like the M1 Extended Performance (easy to find at Walmart, saw some excellent UOAs, advertised 15,000 mile drain intervals) and may stick with it for a while. I think its a little expensive but I look at it as cheap insurance if it keeps my 150,000 mile CRV running to 500,000 miles.

M1 EP isn't going to make your engine last any longer than even a conventional oil changed at proper intervals. M1 EP will allow longer drain intervals though which means less maintenance over the lifetime of the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back