Mobil 1 Marketing Material

Does Mobil 1 ,3 star for sludge protection clean as good as extended performance? I do know EP advertises back bottle helps remove sludge. Is this the same with Mobil 1 too?

I find the Mobil 1 marketing to be a bit apples-to-oranges.

Take for instance their material here that advertises their superior low temperature performance. Instead of writing about how Mobil 1 is superior to Castrol Edge or Pennzoil Platinum, they instead throw out flashy facts like "reaches every moving part of the engine 15 seconds faster", except then it says that that's against conventional oils.

Then they have a graph that shows Mobil 1 against other oils and how many seconds each one takes to reach full oil pressure at -32 Celsius. Except then you look at each oil on the graph and it's Mobil 1 0W-40, "Market General Fully Synthetic 5W-40", and "Semi Synthetic 10W-40". Well, from what I can find, 5W oils are only tested for cold cranking at -30 Celsius. So it appears that they've stacked the deck by comparing a 0W Mobil 1 to 5W and 10W products from other companies which are at the threshold of what those grades are even capable of. Wouldn't this test be more fair if it were comparing against two other full synthetic 0W oils?

https://www.mobil.com/en/sap/our-pr...roven that,faster than some conventional oils.

I find the Mobil 1 marketing to be a bit apples-to-oranges.

Take for instance their material here that advertises their superior low temperature performance. Instead of writing about how Mobil 1 is superior to Castrol Edge or Pennzoil Platinum, they instead throw out flashy facts like "reaches every moving part of the engine 15 seconds faster", except then it says that that's against conventional oils.

Then they have a graph that shows Mobil 1 against other oils and how many seconds each one takes to reach full oil pressure at -32 Celsius. Except then you look at each oil on the graph and it's Mobil 1 0W-40, "Market General Fully Synthetic 5W-40", and "Semi Synthetic 10W-40". Well, from what I can find, 5W oils are only tested for cold cranking at -30 Celsius. So it appears that they've stacked the deck by comparing a 0W Mobil 1 to 5W and 10W products from other companies which are at the threshold of what those grades are even capable of. Wouldn't this test be more fair if it were comparing against two other full synthetic 0W oils?

https://www.mobil.com/en/sap/our-products/why-mobil/driving-performance-and-protection/low-temperature-performance#:~:text=It has been proven that,faster than some conventional oils.
Seems like Mobil and those you mentioned would be happy to see 10W40 demand become zero - not exactly rich in OEM stamps …

And checks are more wholesome than stars 😷

IMG_2220.jpg

nice thing about Schaeffers oil etc ,they keep it simple 9000&7000 series engine oil with good specification transparency.,not like some other brands,just having too many variations.

nice thing about Schaeffers oil etc ,they keep it simple 9000&7000 series engine oil with good specification transparency.,not like some other brands,just having too many variations.
Look at SDS’s … 10-30% PAO until 0W40 - it’s up to 110% 👀

Back