Why do some women over-apply perfume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind women who use too much perfume, guys who put on too much Axe and its horrible variants are much more prevalent.

I've noticed this amoung elderly ladies mostly, I'm talking the proverbial "blue hairs" here.

You can smell them coming a block away, and it lingers for a LONG time after.
I would not mind IF it were decent smelling product, BUT they choose THE MOST NAUSEATING scents they can find, without exception, every time, sadly enough.
frown.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: cchase
Never mind women who use too much perfume, guys who put on too much Axe and its horrible variants are much more prevalent.

Yea, it's a two-way street. About a year ago, my 17 y.o. son had a date and he hit it a little hard with the Axe. We promptly made him take another bath.
Getting back to the OP's original subject, I used to work at a job that prohibited people from applying or using any makeup, antiperspirant, deodorant, aspirin or perfume. (It was a job where the results and parameters were measured in microns and the mentioned items could contaminate the product) The rules were clearly written in the employee handbook. Yet this lady would come in every day smelling like she had bathed in some perfume that was obviously sold by the gallon from the dollar store. Everybody was afraid to say anything because she was one of the most senior employees in our division. They finally had to send her to HR and it was bluntly repeated exactly what the rules were and that she wasn't above them. She was a nice lady, but I think she had just lost all sense of smell.

Step son did this when he was in Middle School, early High School. We would just tell him he was flammable and pretty soon he figured out that showering in Axe wasn't going to cut it.

Either that, or he finally ran out and no one would buy him any more
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back