FP / Neutra / Lucas / Techron / RedLine - Help Me Decide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a good Complete Fuel System Cleaner for a high mileage engine. After reading many many threads on Fuel Cleaners it is clear that these 5 are the most popular. I need help deciding on which one to choose. I am looking for the best COMPLETE Fuel System Cleaner that is safe(Cleans and Lubricates), will not contaminate my oil and will not break my wallet(RedLine and Techron I can get locally). Please tell me which one of these bests fit this and why you think it is the best product. Thanks for all your guys help.

quote:

Originally posted by sbc350gearhead:
Neutra is excellent, but I think that FP is the economical choice.

Do you say FP is the economical choice because the application rate is less than Neutra?

Fuel Power is $23.50 + shipping per gallon. 1oz treats 5 gallons of fuel.This is the standard treatment rate.A gallon will treat 640 gallons of fuel,gas or diesel.
Works out to about a nickel per gallon of fuel used.
Mark

quote:

Originally posted by SR77:
I am looking for a good Complete Fuel System Cleaner for a high mileage engine. After reading many many threads on Fuel Cleaners it is clear that these 5 are the most popular. *-*-*-*-

They are all good! How good and $$$ wise or Cent foolish?
IMO : out of the ones listed the two I would have you choose from are the two I would say to pick from... Neutra and FP .
They all work, some better than others, but these two based on the reports, the company reputation, the knowledge of those that use them, some info I am privy to and can not say. As far as Redline over Lucas, then Redline IMO.

I've used(using) Neutra and Redline. Both gives me a bump im MPG tho slight advantage to SL1 but the #131 is cheaper. Redline used to be $4.49 at PepBoys but now a $1 more - as per RL's instruction, 1 bottle can last 100 gal or about 6 cents/gal.

I've used all those listed except the Lucas. The ones that have worked best for my uses are Fuel Power and Neutra. I used Neutra straight in the 12oz per tankful ratio for a couple of tanks, then to the 3:1 FP/Neutra "brew" (MBF) in the infamous Xterra. Recent borescope inspections have shown very clean CCs. I have also gotten about 1-2MPG increase in my 03 Maxima while dropping to 87 octane fuel. No problems or ignition retard.

Terry-I'll be interested what your dosage recommendations end up as, let us know. Also let us know what you think of the FP/Neutra brew whenever you try it, tks.

quote:

Originally posted by Holden McRoin:
I go out and buy 80 cents worth of white kerosene and run that before buying Techron.

lol.gif

What are you talking about?

I don't consider Techron and Redline "well rounded". They may clean, but aren't great UCL, and certainly don't provide an octane boost. Frankly I have used both in the past and felt, heard, seen zero benefit.

Lucas and Nuetra I have zero knowledge, other than Nuetra gets good reviews here. Lucas products in general get so-so reviews.

FP - seems to be working VERY well for me in all aspects of a fuel additive. The only thing that comes close is my homebrew.

I have used Chevron Techron in the past and it seemed to work pretty well. Coincidently I also go higher lead levels in my oil analysis's when using it.

I currently use FP and it seems to work equally well and is quite a bit cheaper overall. It has'nt cured the pinging that my 98 chevy 5.7L has using 87 octane.

Wayne

quote:

Originally posted by AP1_F20C:

quote:

Originally posted by Holden McRoin:
I go out and buy 80 cents worth of white kerosene and run that before buying Techron.

lol.gif

What are you talking about?

How does he type when he's-
Holden McRoin???
lol.gif

I had really bad injector in my 94volvo 850, over a year period I tried amsoil and ttechron but that did not do a sh##33, so finally I decided to go with new injector but since the chipest I could find was almost $ 150 I said to my self before I spend that much $$$$ my as well try one more thing Red Line SI-1 and boy Am I ever glad I did this 300km later Injector is as new no noise nothing just perfect , When I say no noise you guys would have to hear the noise It made kind of like bad lifters < and that only cost me $6 I'm very happy man
burnout.gif
burnout.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back