Upper cylinder lubricant which best brand?

Gasoline is not a lubricant regardless of the sulfur content. For one thing there isn’t anything the gasoline lubricates in a gas engine unlike the fuel system in a diesel.

And wear scar? Yeah.

Gasoline is not a lubricant regardless of the sulfur content. For one thing there isn’t anything the gasoline lubricates in a gas engine unlike the fuel system in a diesel.

And wear scar? Yeah.
then tell me why in the conclusion they mention this "As for gasolines produced under the traditional technology without the addition of ethyl alcohol, their antiwear properties are at acritical level" What is at a critical level here? I copied the bold-font sections word by word from the paper

then tell me why in the conclusion they mention this "As for gasolines produced under the traditional technology without the addition of ethyl alcohol, their antiwear properties are at acritical level" What is at a critical level here? I copied the bold-font sections word by word from the paper
Sounds like a lot of hoopla to me.

And wear scar? Yeah.
Gdi uses a high pressure fuel pump and some of those designs fail from lack of lubrication. However I don't think anything lacks lubrication in a modern 4 cycle engine. An upper cylinder lubricant does help with sticky valves though

Sounds like a lot of hoopla to me.
I think we've proven that the "upper cylinder lubrication" portion is a complete myth....and I know your stance on this...but do you think there is any chance that a small amount of this stuff could reduce fuel pump and or injector wear? I understand some pumps can run a lot of miles without issues and others die early (personally mine the sending unit rusted out at 160k miles with the pump still working fine) but can you explain why it is or isn't possible that a small dose could help the fuel pump or injectors?

...so you take a steel ball and vibrate it on a disc(also made of steel?)....where exactly is this happening in my car? there are roller bearings but they don't vibrate, they roll. the cylinders are being lubricated but not by the fuel.

I did use to put a measured amount of oil(as i recall it was 2 stroke oil, but i forget it was a long time ago) in the twin turbo rotary engine in a Mazda but that was totally different and actually served a purpose there.

As far as these cleaner concentrates, i believe they add UCL because your about to dump a concentrated amount of cleaners and it may wash away the bit of lubricant that's there(motor oil).

This forum thread is a good read for anyone interested in trying/using upper cylinder lube...

1oz to 2oz of Redline SI-1 fuel treatment per tank as a cleaner and UCL . While TCW-3 is used by many , it’s possible that the Redline SI -1 may be better for 4 cycle engines .

Back