Ask dealer to swap tires at new car delivery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: lenjack
I'm picking up a new car next week and am not impressed with the stock tires. I'd like to buy different tires at Sam's Club, and bring them to the dealer to put on at delivery. In such a situation, is it likely that the dealer will mount these at no charge and give me credit for the stock tires?

Don't even bother purchasing the tires you want.

Tell the dealership the kind of tires you want and ask them to do the swap... then see what they have to say and how much. You may actually get a better deal that way than if you purchase the tires yourself.

Try that... see what they say... and report back here with the results.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Get the tires installed at SAMS so you get the road hazzard and free rotation and balancing. Ask them for your old tires back and sell them.

Your "free" installation you are seeking at the dealership is at the cost of a relatively inexpensive service plan on the tires.

You "save" $60, but then have to pay for any tire damage, flat repairs, rotations, etc.

Just drive the car to Sams and get the tires you want, installed there.

Good point there.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
No they will charge you up the arse for it.

Better off to go to another place and have it done then take your old tires and put them up for sale on the web or in the newspaper.

Agreed...Ben there done that....

I would avoid this at all Cost!!! When I bought my car I told the dealer befourhand what Tires I wnated and they swopped them no questoin's asked

Originally Posted By: StevieC
No they will charge you up the arse for it.

Better off to go to another place and have it done then take your old tires and put them up for sale on the web or in the newspaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back