Your Oil Change Sticker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprised at all that folks use them. I use all three, sticker, log book in car and B trip odo. Drawback to trip odo, only goes to to 999 before turning back over to zero.

Convenient to be able to look up in upper left hand corner and see the info, epsecially with several cars to keep up with. Use a Sharpie marker on the sticker, it's small and unobtrusive to me.
21.gif
And, they're free.

So oldschool.

Mine (GMOLM) pops up on my dash, says "change oil soon", or I can check it to see what percentage is left. I do however write the mileage and date of my last change on the little flap (or part of the box) that comes with my oil filter. That stays in my glovebox as a record of ALL past oil changes. I also know immediately which filter is installed and the exact number to purchase if I decide to use that same filter again. I also dissassemble every filter after an oil change to see exactly how it did for the last 8 - 12,000 miles.

For the wife's 06 Solara, I use the OLM. Light comes on, I change the oil within the week. It pretty much notifies around 4500 miles between changes.

For our other 2 vehicles, every 5K, at 5K increments (115K, 120K, etc).

No stickers or notes.

If I miss it a little, the world doesn't end, the engine doesn't let go.

Originally Posted By: SL2
6f84_1.JPG

Simple & works well, i use water to make them stick better. under 5$ for 50.. ebay.
I got the same ones on ebay. They work very well and wont fade if you write with a sharpie. Excellent and I have enough for a lifetime.

Originally Posted By: yaris0128
Originally Posted By: SL2
6f84_1.JPG

Simple & works well, i use water to make them stick better. under 5$ for 50.. ebay.
I got the same ones on ebay. They work very well and wont fade if you write with a sharpie. Excellent and I have enough for a lifetime.

I think imma order some of them too lol.

Car Maintenance Reminder pro for my HTC Thunderbolt
wink.gif
Count's down the miles based on miles driven per day and time lapse, also works for trans, filters etc. AND, backs up to my SD card daily in case of phone failure :p

Ultra Gauge tells me when to change my oil. I bought castrol decals I snagged dirt cheap on ebay, just a back up in case something happens to the UG.

Originally Posted By: steve20
what is the world is 'scratch paper' ?

Scratch paper around here means a piece of scrap paper, or a piece of paper you no longer need. When your done with a piece of paper, turn it over and use the blank back side as scratch paper, so you can scratch down notes or scribble on it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
I just order 50 sticker from ebay for 6 dollar. that properly last me many many year, since change oil twice a year.
I ordered 150 of them. They get shared between 3 cars and I throw them out to a lot of DIY oil change friends. I also have some nice Castrol ones. Wish I could get ones that promote PU on them.

I only use stickers for extended family and friends cars that I change oil for.

For my own cars I use Stonehenge as my guide...lol...spring and fall, when the weather permits. And record the mileage, oil/grade and date in my logbook.

The S10 and the Sunfire get done on the 5's; 100K 105K 110K etc.
They are also in the maint. folders. The Camaro gets done once a year since it sits so much. Usually in February while I'm on vacation.

Originally Posted By: yaris0128
Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
I just order 50 sticker from ebay for 6 dollar. that properly last me many many year, since change oil twice a year.
I ordered 150 of them. They get shared between 3 cars and I throw them out to a lot of DIY oil change friends. I also have some nice Castrol ones. Wish I could get ones that promote PU on them.

where u get castrol one from ? link pls, it be nice if I can get castrol one ^^ im big fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back