Your Major Annoyances on Your Car!??

The only thing I dislike in the caravan is the HVAC, when you turn it on it takes 60-90 seconds for the air to get to the vents you have selected. Stupid design IMO.

Touch screen controlled heated seats...they default back to off with every shutdown and I have to go in and reactivate every time I jump in and start it again.

Should also mention...the keyless start would be one of my favorite features. I'm an outlier apparently.

My E-Golf just a couple odd programming issues.

HVAC always defaults to 72 degrees every start (unless its a short stop - not sure how long) - VW reprogrammed some customer cars under warranty, not worth whatever stupid $$ they would charge me to have it reprogrammed.

VW Car Net - I can switch climate control and the defrosters on via the app but for some reason they did not think it was necessary to allow you to pre-heat the seats, seems an odd miss.

2 things that bug me on the Genesis. When the headlight switch is in auto, the DRL are on. I don’t want them on, they’re a shared bulb with the turn signal and they burn out frequently on these cars. Also in extreme heat, the A/C thinks for a few seconds before it starts to blow. I need air immediately!

2 things that bug me on the Genesis. When the headlight switch is in auto, the DRL are on. I don’t want them on, they’re a shared bulb with the turn signal and they burn out frequently on these cars. Also in extreme heat, the A/C thinks for a few seconds before it starts to blow. I need air immediately!
it takes a time to figure out what time of the day it is or what's the weather out there today 😁

my major annoyance with CRV CVT gears; I don't mind its shifting programing on flat or uphill terrain, but oh boy when comes to downhill terrain, it seems it is holding lower gear way too long, driving it on the downslope it feels like you're in the tunnel, that annoying winding sound of CVT

I forgot to mention the atrocious Uniroyal Tiger Paws on my car. I've never in my life heard a set of 205/55R16s make more road noise than a set of horribly cupped 33x12.50R15LT Nitto Trail Grapplers on a poorly maintained '85 Bronco.

Before anyone asks, yes, my suspension is decent and my tires are a well-maintained, rotated set installed a week before I bought the car. If I had my way I would have negotiated a set on my dime in order to retain the warranty and have my choice. But what's done is done. They still have 6/32" remaining, and I probably won't see the 4/32" mark due to replacing them and throwing them in a large wood chipper (or equivalent destruction device).

A/C doesn't seem to do a great job at de-humidifying the air when outdoor temps are in the goldilock zone of 70-75 degrees. Perhaps after 6-7 I need to get the system checked.

The lane departure alert is loud and scares the heck out of my wife. I keep it off.
That and the "You're too close to the parked car ahead even though the road curves and you'll miss it by yards" chime. I've left that one on, as it's conceivable it could be useful in traffic, but I cancelled the lane departure sound.

It's hard for me to think of major annoyances with the Buick. Minor things, like the driver's side visor having the recess you use to pull it down over on the far right instead of the left, closer to the steering wheel . . . minor. But Buick set things up so right in this car that it's hard to find a major annoyance.

The GPS, maybe. It gets confused easily, and the voice command syntax is not intuitive. "Stop" doesn't work, you have to use "cancel," things like that.

And I wish the Buick had the "flick your foot under the rear bumper to open the trunk" feature the BMW 3 Series had.

Last edited:
Touch screen controlled heated seats...they default back to off with every shutdown and I have to go in and reactivate every time I jump in and start it again.

Should also mention...the keyless start would be one of my favorite features. I'm an outlier apparently.
The heated and cooled seats on my car are nice to have. But most of the year I don't need heated -- if it's cold enough for that, well, I'll be wearing a coat! -- and the cooled feature is so new to me I forget I have it. A couple times last summer I was wearing lightweight khakis, and wondered, "Why is my rump feeling hot? Oh!" I'd turned the heated seat on by mistake.

I really don't have anything that bugs me with my 08 Lucerne, they really designed the interior to make the driver comfortable, every thing is with in reach and easy to get to. The only thing that bugged me at first is the the throttle response compared to my 99 Lesabre with the series ll, that engine seemed like it had a lot of get up and go for a six cylinder. The series lll does to you just have to give it more throttle and it's a tad slower to respond.

TPS MONITORING SYSTEM. HATE. HATE. ANGER.

Electric seats.

Chimes.

No transmission dipstick.

That and the "You're too close to the parked car ahead even though the road curves and you'll miss it by yards" chime. I've left that one on, as it's conceivable it could be useful in traffic, but I cancelled the lane departure sound.

It's hard for me to think of major annoyances with the Buick. Minor things, like the driver's side visor having the recess you use to pull it down over on the far right instead of the left, closer to the steering wheel . . . minor. But Buick set things up so right in this car that it's hard to find a major annoyance.

The GPS, maybe. It gets confused easily, and the voice command syntax is not intuitive. "Stop" doesn't work, you have to use "cancel," things like that.

In my previous Hyundai, I had a phonebook entry for "Dad Cell". I would activate voice command, and say "Call Dad Cell". The Hyundai would respond, "OK, Cancel." I had to change it to "Dad Mobile" because it interpreted "Dad Cell" as "Cancel".

Passat
1. Oil fill hole has a ledge inside that doesn't allow normal run-of-the-mill funnels to fit inside securely.
2. Center caps from all four wheels have come off THREE times while driving. Had to purchase replacements on Amazon.

Santa Fe Sport 2.0T
Gas mileage is poor (18 mpg)

Back