Your insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ameriprise Insurance through Costco for the past 8+ years. They were several hundred dollars less than the AAA and Farmers insurance I had before.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
What discounts are they giving you ?

Every discount there is...The only good thing with Allstate is their claims are awesome...In the 05 Wilma Hurricane they totaled my 99 Panther [with 200K miles] for me within 30 minutes after pulling into the drive in claims center...They gave more then the car was worth...I guess it all depends on the ajuster you get when you drive in.

Metlife- Auto and Home for the past year. Excellent rates, god customer service, and good discounts through work.

Dropped Allstate after being a 15 year customer when their auto rates went through the roof. My present policy is 1/2 the price what Allstate was for better coverage. My home rate was competitive, but even that was going up at ridiculous rates at the end. Even more amazing when you realize I am the kind of customer everyone wants - excellent credit, no claims, no tickets...

AAA for the last ten years and more. Their service and claims settlement have been exemplary. On the other hand, despite my age and stellar driving record, and the safety and rarely-stolen record of the Buick, I live in Loozyana and pay some of the highest rates in the country.

There's a flyer from Liberty Mutual on my desk right now, and I've been meaning to call them. . . .

Originally Posted By: XS650
Ameriprise Insurance through Costco for the past 8+ years. They were several hundred dollars less than the AAA and Farmers insurance I had before.

I have Mercury for both car and home for 6 years, I tried other companies and no one is lower. I'll try Ameriprise Insurance through Costco to see if their premiums is lower.

Greatco!
See what happens when you have a claim.
You'll then find out how much insurance you really have.
We have had State Farm for everything for many years.
State Farm has bought two cars from me over the past five years (total losses due to sons) at very fair retail prices.
State Farm is a mutual company, or course.
You get what you pay for.

USAA for home and auto. Best insurance company I have ever dealt with. I have had them since 1994. Full coverage on the following 100 dollar deductible.
89 GMC 1 ton
98 Buick Regal GS
00 Trans Am WS6
07 Equinox
95 Fleetwood Powler 25 ft 5th wheel
I pay 285 dollars a month. The Trans Am is 60% of the payment and the wife has a few tickets.

Originally Posted By: beanoil
State Farm for the cars, home and travel trailer. Progressive for the bikes, saving 450 a year over SF.

EXACTLY the same with me.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Greatco!
See what happens when you have a claim.
You'll then find out how much insurance you really have.
We have had State Farm for everything for many years.
State Farm has bought two cars from me over the past five years (total losses due to sons) at very fair retail prices.
State Farm is a mutual company, or course.
You get what you pay for.

Your are right about Gieco - they suck. I used to be an insurance adjuster and everyone had trouble getting claims paid by them! Funny thing is, I was working for Nationwide yet had all my insurance with State Farm!! They kept trying to get me to switch but they fools couldn't beat State Farm by a mile! So, I've been with State Farm for all my cars (8), house and RV for over 25 years and Progressive for my Harleys for the last 6.

You get what you pay for....and I will stay with State Farm. I could go with Geico but their quote was only $230 less BUT they would not cover my street rod so no gain there.

Originally Posted By: MNgopher
Metlife- Auto and Home for the past year. Excellent rates, god customer service, and good discounts through work.

Dropped Allstate after being a 15 year customer when their auto rates went through the roof. My present policy is 1/2 the price what Allstate was for better coverage. My home rate was competitive, but even that was going up at ridiculous rates at the end. Even more amazing when you realize I am the kind of customer everyone wants - excellent credit, no claims, no tickets...

Same here at least for the Auto. Have had Metlife auto now for 4 years and it is the best combo of rate and benefits. Had Travelers for untold years prior but when my new truck( 3 months and 3000 miles )was trashed by a hailstorm they screwed me over royaly so I dropped them asap.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: XS650

I have Mercury for both car and home for 6 years, I tried other companies and no one is lower. I'll try Ameriprise Insurance through Costco to see if their premiums is lower.

A couple of people I know who comparison shopped said the two were close in price. Neither one gets top ratings but neither one gets bottom ratings either.

I just had my 1st claim with Ameriprise. A cracked Corvette windshield. I insisted on an OEM windshield because I have a heads up display and have generally heard horror stories about brand-x windshield in Corvettes. They didn't give me any static over that but I did have to wait a few hours for their approval precess. They needed a firm estimate from the installer and the agent had to get approval from a supervisor because it wasn't a generic windshield.

+1 for Amica- had a car totaled before and claims and processing were top notch. In NY you get a dividend on the policy. They are not the cheapest but are top notch.

Esurance, $840 a year. Geico for about 7 years and switched to Esurance about 6 months ago.

Allstate costs me about $1100/year for a pickup and car with full coverage and $500 deductibles. Been with them for 15 years and have my homeowners insurance through them. A
Anyone else I talk to wants double the rate. I would like to switch to USAA but their rates are still too high.

Hartford through the AARP for auto and home. I check other insurance companies every couple of years to see if there is any additional savings. Im always looking to reduce costs.

State Farm all the way. They've served me well over the years. I may be paying more than if I shopped around, but in this case, I'm definitely getting what I'm paying for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back