Explain uninsured motorist coverage

It may differ state to state and options. Interesting to see if collision coverage on uninsured option exists in yours if you opted out of normal collision.
It does. I asked. I don't have collision on the Buick or Trans Am. Not worth it, well looking at prices now it might be...lol

There are way too many uninsured drivers in my area. Got clobbered by one a few years ago and my insurance paid out. On the old Trailblazer, the price difference for full coverage vs. state minimum is like $150 per year. Worth it to me to just carry full coverage on everything.

Sloppy drunk at lunchtime on a Wednesday . What does that tell you ?

It was the same for this guy who was wasted before noon on a Wednesday

Managed to corner him in a parking lot and took his keys cause he had absolutely no business being on the road in his condition

Unfortunately for him, the county filed a Civil Asset Forfeiture case and will be keeping his car

There are way too many uninsured drivers in my area. Got clobbered by one a few years ago and my insurance paid out. On the old Trailblazer, the price difference for full coverage vs. state minimum is like $150 per year. Worth it to me to just carry full coverage on everything.
For $150/year extra? Absolutely, I would jump on that. With no hesitation. My insurance would have insurance! 😂

Comp is for stuff like a tree hits your car, your windshield needs replacement. Collision is if you hit someone and you are at fault. It covers repairs to your vehicle. Uninsured motorist is exactly what it says someone without liability insurance hits you and they are at fault you are covered.
Are you saying that if another driver hits my vehicle, and it's his fault, my insurance co. won't pay for my vehicle repairs if I have comp and collision, but not uninsured motorists?

Illinois has a stupid law that if someone hits you they are technically only libel for 80% of the damage. If you have insurance then the two companies fight it out to cover 100%. But if you don't and you manage to get a claim on the other driver they won't pay 100%.

New Hampshire is one of the few (if not only) states where you can register and drive a car without liability insurance. Here in nearby southern Vermont, you see a lot of New Hampshire clunkers on our Vermont roads. Very prudent to have uninsured motorist coverage in case one of these deadbeats hits you.

Back