Car insurance you can swap between vehicles?

New Hampshire does not require car insurance. Nor does it require seat belt use or motorcycle helmets.

The state symbol is a granite head. Describes the mentality there.

I am always wary of New Hampshire plate cars that are beaters. Likely to be uninsured.
If you have insurance best ones to be in accident with. Your own uninsured insurance covers loss with no deductibles or increase in rates. The coverage is quite cheap actually.

But they have a financial responsibility law. You must show you have the means if you get in to an (at fault) accident to pay for it. How do they do this?
The responsibility is after the fact not before. A coworker in HS who was in accident uninsured was paying for a totaled vehicle for years and a head on. When he stopped payments they would suspend his license.

He started growing weed and selling that and paid it off fast. Now he owns a dispensary over border in Maine.

The responsibility is after the fact not before. A coworker in HS who was in accident uninsured was paying for a totaled vehicle for years and a head on. When he stopped payments they would suspend his license.

He started growing weed and selling that and paid it off fast. Now he owns a dispensary over border in Maine.
Yea-I had already looked at the PDF I linked above. It is indeed after the fact. So-it's like this- Those with assets have insurance-those that don't when they have an at fault accident good luck in trying to get any cash, assets, etc., because there are not any.

The million dollar question is-has this law ever been attempted to be changed? What was the outcome? If there isn't any effort to change it-WHY?

Those states with electronic verification of (mandatory) insurance-while not eliminating this problem (driving around w/o insurance) have certainly made a difference.

Your point was car insurance covers the driver, not the vehicleView attachment 158933
My point was relative to how I felt it should be. It isn’t that way right now. Currently I pay for liability on every.single.vehicle that I own, that I can’t possibly drive at the same time.

My comment was relative to how it should be.

Back