Your favor local pizza and why?

I really like the Casey's gas station breakfast pizza by the slice. Otherwise I prefer my wife's homemade crust and grilled pizza made exactly how I want it.

Antionio's has had "...that have unique cheese and toppings...." for about 50 yrs. To me they were the 1st at it (I have been round the country)..."Salad" in the 80s (1/2 doz - doz veg inc artichoke), "Pie" thin crust top/bottop, chez, Spinach, very sm amount of (may B) portobella, etc, etc (but right- no Hawiian). The got one in other college towns around merica soon after opening, (many? most?) gone now.
Igoce cream, same (state w/highest icecream eatin nationally last I looked). Same exact twn was 1st I saw 'mix-ins' (by hand, how they did it @ 1st. Only Baskins Robins ('48, Glendale) proceeded them (herrels, steve's) in )Northampton & Amherst (the 5 college Area). I could B off on both pizza'n ice cream, but that's my experience (the ic, 55 yrs ago)

"Y?"
innovation, excellence in flavor, variety in 1 store'n quality~

Last edited:
marko's pizzeria in chibougamau. most remote place with the best pizza i have had in all of canada. they make everything by hand. it is the closest to the pizza i ate in italy in the nineties.
I Am simple Dominos has been my go to place forever my ex girlfriend wanted Cecil Whittakers, only on Tuesdays when a Cheese Pizza was $4 add bacon $1, but i spent money on gas got lost the first time. That's why she is an EX

Last edited:
Smiling With Hope Pizza in Reno Nevada.
This is the real deal. Classic Cheese is my favorite but the white sausage and ricotta, pepp and garlic, are all excellent.
CDB2FF17-2FD1-4850-BA04-FEAA4F5A02E6.jpeg

"With a Neapolitan-style thin crust, tomatoes grown solely for the pizzeria, sausage crafted from a family recipe, and mozzarella made to specification, the business takes pride in maintaining consistency"**

Used to drive 20 miles to Burlington MA, to get Regina Pizza. Fantastic tomatoes and sauce that were NOT an afterthought as they are on most all other pizza. The founder, Luigi D'Auria, passed and then some time later his grandson sold to Tony Polcari.

Now there is nothing much outstanding outside of Boston to speak of.

Reactions: GON
Joe's Pizza of Paris, Illinois

Sicilian family making old school Sicilian style pizza 🍕
Milwaukee has quite a few Sicilians, and some great pizza. Maria's, Balistrieri's, Calderone Club to name a few. Pick a family-run place and you generally can't go wrong. As a sidelight, the families occasionally fall out -- in one instance, breakaway members opened a competing restaurant a block away from the original place. Che palle!

When I was in HS one of my hobbies was roller skating. I was a referee and on the skate race team.
Sometimes after the rink would close a lot of us went to Godfathers pizza. I haven't seen any more of them here in La.

Always has been Angelo’s since I was a kid

Sadly they are going out of business Sunday.

I’m told they Will be replaced by a virtual company that sells frozen Angelo’s labeled Pizzas at local stores

Things never taste the same cooked at home

• Sad
Milwaukee has quite a few Sicilians, and some great pizza. Maria's, Balistrieri's, Calderone Club to name a few. Pick a family-run place and you generally can't go wrong. As a sidelight, the families occasionally fall out -- in one instance, breakaway members opened a competing restaurant a block away from the original place. Che palle!
Are you talking about Mama DiMarini’s/Dom & Phil DiMarini’s? Unfortunately, Mama’s is gone. I was so spoiled with good pizza, living in Racine/Milwaukee. Now I live in central Texas, and most of the pizza is chains, with the exception of Pieous, which is delicious but you’ll pay dearly for it. I see Lou Malnati’s is finally in Wisconsin… so that is nice. Pizza Hut has priced themselves out of the running around here (might as well get family-owned at those prices). Here, I usually go to Domino’s or a local place run by an Asian family called Grand Slam Pizza, which offers two one-topping mediums for $9.99. The pizza is okay and the family is very involved with the community, and they donate a lot of pizza to youth sports teams… and they are just really sweet people. Since I’m originally from Racine County, I have to mention Infusino’s, Wells Brothers, DeRango’s, and Tenuta’s. All delicious.

We have a wealth of local/independent pizza places and small chains around here in the area around the Albany/Berkeley/Emeryville/Oakland area. Zachary's, Little Star, Bobby G's, Sliver, Cheese Board, Gioia, Artichoke Basille's, Arinell's, Rotten City, Arizmendi (Oakland and Emeryville with different management). But the legends were the ones that weren't really that good but cheap and filling. Fat Slice and Blondie's in Berkeley were famous (or notorious) for shoveling about 800 calories for about 75 cents back when I was in high school. My college days included Fat Slice because it was about all I could afford.

Still - I really like the places where it's all open and you can chat with the employees or even the owner. I was at Gioia Pizzeria in Berkeley with an Italian friend from Bologna when the owner (Will Gioia - a native of Brooklyn) was there. We'd been there before and my friend specifically asked to go back, and the owner happened to be there. I mentioned that he was from Bologna and the owner thanked him for coming. We chatted about pizza ovens - especially the use of coal or wood which wasn't allowed for new installations in Berkeley. He said it would be difficult to get coal or wood just right, besides that it was no longer allowed, and it would be too big for the space he had. But that's the kind of thing that was just right about this place. It was very nice, but utterly unpretentious.

• Love
Are you talking about Mama DiMarini’s/Dom & Phil DiMarini’s? Unfortunately, Mama’s is gone. I was so spoiled with good pizza, living in Racine/Milwaukee. Now I live in central Texas, and most of the pizza is chains, with the exception of Pieous, which is delicious but you’ll pay dearly for it. I see Lou Malnati’s is finally in Wisconsin… so that is nice. Pizza Hut has priced themselves out of the running around here (might as well get family-owned at those prices). Here, I usually go to Domino’s or a local place run by an Asian family called Grand Slam Pizza, which offers two one-topping mediums for $9.99. The pizza is okay and the family is very involved with the community, and they donate a lot of pizza to youth sports teams… and they are just really sweet people. Since I’m originally from Racine County, I have to mention Infusino’s, Wells Brothers, DeRango’s, and Tenuta’s. All delicious.
The DeMarini split got a lot of publicity. A lesser-known schism was when two members of the Balistreri family moved out to Watertown and another member bought a restaurant venue for them. After several years they had a falling out and the restaurant owner sold the venue out from under them. The pizzeria moved to a grim location in a motel basement, but the pizza was so good, they managed to make a go of it for about 15 years.

Balistreri is my favorite Milwaukee pizza -- incredibly thin, slightly flaky crust with a sublime sauce.

Back