What is your favorite frozen pizza?

I just buy Krogers house brand or Digiorno Rising Crust, sometimes Red Baron or whatever is on sale. Crust quality matters more than the rest.

The thing is, they are all lacking. I put more sauce on, especially around the outer area where none of them seem to be able to put any at all, and more cheese and other toppings. Doing this isn't all that burdensome as I can get it ready to go in the oven in about the same 10 min. it takes to preheat the oven.

I've made my own dough before and did entire pizzas from scratch but that is more work than I'm willing to do, more often than not. However I have been known to make french bread pizzas from store bought french bread.

If I'm being very lazy and just want to heat and eat, will instead cook for 4 minutes in the microwave and finish it up in the (couple minutes preheated) toaster oven, takes about a dozen minutes total instead of 1/2 hr.

Last edited:
None?

There’s too much great pizza in nearly every shopping center or Main Street around here.

In other geographic areas the excuses for pizza are pretty gross.

With kids, and I recall having these occasionally when Inwas young…. Ellio’s square frozen pizzas are pretty good when made in the oven.
I grew up eating Star Tavern in Orange. Later on it was Vics in Bradley and Pete&Eldas in Neptune.
With or beach house in Avalon, I like Macs in Stone Harbor but they closed for the season yesterday. But as you said, so many great places in strip malls all over Cape May county...and everywhere in NJ.

I’m not huge on frozen pizza because it never taste as good as Dominos but usually Red Baron or Tombstone are my go to if I have to get it. Sometimes something else.
I'd love to have you as my guest here in the Bay Area and show you some good food. But I'm concerned that you're so used to what you've been eating that you'd find it strange and unacceptable.

My mom would drink instant coffee every day, and she did so for years. Around 1980 she came out for a visit and I thought I'd give her a treat, and I bought some fresh-roasted Peet's for her. getting her the decaf that she preferred. On her first morning here, I carefully made her as perfect a cup as I could. She hated it, and for the rest of her visit, I'd make her some instant coffee every morning. She was happy again.

Last edited:
I'd love to have you as my guest here in the Bay Area and show you some good food. But I'm concerned that you're so used to what you've been eating that you'd find it strange and unacceptable.

My mom would drink instant coffee every day, and she did it for years. Around 1980 she came out for a visit and I thought I'd give her a treat, and bought some fresh-roasted Peet's for her. I got her the decaf she preferred. On her first morning here, I carefully made her as perfect a cup as I could. She hated it, and for the rest of her visit, I'd make her some instant coffee every morning. She was happy again.
We as humans, like what we like and that's what we want.

Extra-Crispy Bar-Style Tortilla Pizza
An alternative to frozen pizza that you may enjoy:

CLICK HERE

Pizza.jpg

I go to Costco and buy the Kirkland brand cheese pizza. Doctor it up to my liking and throw it in the oven. Will buy the Detroit deep dish every so often. Too much bread for me but the wife loves it.

I like the Stouffer's French Bread with extra cheese and then I smother that with a thick layer of my favorite spaghetti sauce and then on top of that a deep helping of mozzarella cheese. I put that in the toaster oven until the cheese is melted nicely. It's very good and filling.

Got to admit I love pizza. Nature's perfect food in my book. We usually eat it 1-2 times a week. We almost alget pizza from either Hungry Howie's or a local pizza joint. I have never really ventured out and tried many frozen pizza brands.

I wonder if any of you have found a good frozen pizza you like. What makes it a good choice for you?
Wild Mikes all natural pizza. No nitrates no nitrites and real cheese. Totinos should be ashamed that they don't even use real cheese.

None?

There’s too much great pizza in nearly every shopping center or Main Street around here.

In other geographic areas the excuses for pizza are pretty gross.

With kids, and I recall having these occasionally when Inwas young…. Ellio’s square frozen pizzas are pretty good when made in the oven.

I think anything made fresh is going to be better than anything frozen in all likelihood.
That’s not a fair fight. It’s like either soda or beer in a glass bottle vs a aluminum can.. I think the glass bottles always are better tasting.

My opinion..
# 1. Screamin Sicilian Pizza meat lovers is really really quite good.
# 2. Newman Own pizzas are quite good too.
#3 The Pizza from Trader Joe’s
# 4 Freshetta thin crust 3 meat pizza is very good too.

I think anything made fresh is going to be better than anything frozen in all likelihood.
That’s not a fair fight. It’s like either soda or beer in a glass bottle vs a aluminum can.. I think the glass bottles always are better tasting.

My opinion..
# 1. Screamin Sicilian Pizza meat lovers is really really quite good.
# 2. Newman Own pizzas are quite good too.
#3 The Pizza from Trader Joe’s
# 4 Freshetta thin crust 3 meat pizza is very good too.
Not everything made fresh. I was intrigued when I was listening to the Joe Rogan podcast with Elon Musk and he was saying his go to pizza was double anchovy double pineapple, so they ordered one. Now I like pineapple on pizza already, and thought the salty sweet thing would work. So I made one, and I can say it did not live up to the hype, it was pretty foul.

Sorta related, we asked our 36 YO daughter if she remembered those little pizza roll things they liked when little, she said sure. She showed up with a box of them the other day, today we had some for lunch. Tasted just like we remembered, not gourmet but great memories. Likely won't be a regular thing.

Not everything made fresh. I was intrigued when I was listening to the Joe Rogan podcast with Elon Musk and he was saying his go to pizza was double anchovy double pineapple, so they ordered one. Now I like pineapple on pizza already, and thought the salty sweet thing would work. So I made one, and I can say it did not live up to the hype, it was pretty foul.

Well anything not nasty …. That goes without saying in my opinion.

But anything legit good or better than that made fresh will always be better vs frozen.

You can cook Carp or blue catfish that is caught fresh…. And it’s gonna taste blanking horrible… Frozen… ****… Even worse and that’s saying something.. :LOL:

Back