Your favor local pizza and why?

The list in my opinion in this town are:
1. Happy Joe's (Chain) Uses lots of toppings.
2. Mike's Pizza and Steakhouse (Local Greek/Italian guy) Good pizza, lots of different ingredients
3. Casey's (Chain/Gas station) It is good enough pizza.
4. Pizza Ranch (Chain) Also good enough
5. Dominoes (Chain) Cheap and alright
6. Pizza Hut (Chain) Ugg.

I like the style of pizza from Happy Joe's more than Mikes but that is just a personal preference. Mikes make awesome calzones.

There are no more Godfathers restaurants around here. Just in gas stations by the slice although you might be able to order a whole one. Breaduxe closed. Papa Johns closed. Papa Murphy's closed. Little Ceasers closed.

There used to be some Piccadilly Circus Pizzas in gas stations but those are gone.

Cheese Board Pizza Collective, Berkeley, California. Worth a half hour wait.

Cheese-Board-line-by-Hannah-Long.jpg

When it comes to the state of the slice in the U.S., we wanted to know where the best spots are for a slice right now. That’s why Yelp is also releasing a list of the Top 100 Places for Pizza to commemorate the holiday. Topping this year’s list is Cheese Board Pizza in Berkeley, CA, where Yelpers love to try out new toppings with the daily pizza menu. Whether you’re in the mood for classic Sicilian square (try no. 2 Prince Street Pizza) or creative toppings (no. 37’s Sixty Vines in Plano, TX) – there’s something to satisfy every pizza craving.​

Come over! Bring the cannoli! We've got everything else!
We have had good/better/best pizza from pizzerias over the years but, my wife makes her own dough & pizza, bread, sausage bread etc. And we love homemade pizza.
I won't forget the cannolis("leave the gun, take the cannolis"-Richard S. "Clemenza" Castellano).

And as my FIL(RIP) always asked when visiting our home, "YOU GOT WINE?" 🤌

Last edited:
We have had good/better/best pizza from pizzerias over the years but, my wife makes her own dough & pizza, bread, sausage bread etc. And we love homemade pizza.
I won't forget the cannolis("leave the gun, take the cannolis"-Richard S. "Clemenza" Castellano).

And as my FIL(RIP) always asked when visiting our home, "YOU GOT WINE?" 🤌
I knew you would bring up Clemenza. ;) Yes, we always offer wine to our guests even though my wife and I don't drink. My dad and FIL still make their own and bring it to us, but we have store bought also; I know how some people are about homemade wine.

Slow rise dough baked on a brick, with enough basil to give the sauce a little bite. Toppings depend on what I want at the moment.
@CharBaby who is your current neighborhood favorite?

^^^ Pontillo’s Pizza, Carbone’s & Mark’s Pizzeria
Thanks. I found a place on Long Pond Rd about a mile north of Latta which has been pretty good. Pizzaria Americana is a little place in a plaza that makes it old school. Also has my kryptonite, eggplant subs.

Thanks. I found a place on Long Pond Rd about a mile north of Latta which has been pretty good. Pizzaria Americana is a little place in a plaza that makes it old school. Also has my kryptonite, eggplant subs.
Mmmm, sounds good. 👌
But again, my wife does make our own pizza. It is seldom we order out a pizza.

🤌 Meh’
Gaetano’s is good too and so is Trotto’s. You just have to find your favorite.
We’ve ordered several sheets for parties or meetings at work from any pizzeria that will deliver.

Last edited:
Back