Your favor local pizza and why?

I've ordered from several local pizza places over the last few months. Whats yours and why? I've found several that have unique cheese and toppings.

In-house, made from scratch. Local cup & char pepperoni with hand shredded local mozzarella, Italian passata and fresh mushrooms, or just imported organic Italian EVOO with Italian oregano and sea salt. Wife's making more dough as I'm typing this. It doesn't get any more local than this!

Pizza.JPG
Focaccia.jpg
Pepperoni Pizza.jpg

Last edited:
In-house, made from scratch. Local cup & char pepperoni with hand shredded local mozzarella, Italian passata and fresh mushrooms, or just imported organic Italian EVOO with Italian oregano and sea salt. Wife's making more dough as I'm typing this. It doesn't get any more local than this!

View attachment 101023View attachment 101024View attachment 101025
That looks Amazing. I've been looking for a place that has Turkey pepperoni but no luck. Lefty's in Lafayette Colorado offers arugula and prosciutto which is delicious, not many places offer that.

arugula and prosciutto
Yes! Awesome combination! Dough baked blind with just EVOO and then finished with rucola, prosciutto di Parma and Parmigiano Reggiano shavings. Ask for it without mozzarella or tomato sauce for a more authentic pizza.

Theres an old school pizza joint in Waterford MI on Dixie hwy called Calabreses. Hands down the best pizza I ever had and I have ate me some pizza over the years.

Buddys Detroit style runs a tight second.

marko's pizzeria in chibougamau. most remote place with the best pizza i have had in all of canada. they make everything by hand. it is the closest to the pizza i ate in italy in the nineties.

Well, the greatest city in the world is my oyster when it comes to Pizza 🍕 😍
In no particular order
L'Industrie
Juliana's
La Villa
Denino's
Joe and Pat's (the thinness)❤️
c28cb9_367ba7d99af54e4bbc55c5375d3d1272~mv2_d_2500_1667_s_2.jpg

L&B Spumoni Gardens (one of my personal favorites)
IMG_9095.0.jpg

Nunzio's
New Park pizza is OVER HYPED
Koronet (a certified hood classic)
3T5D2451.jpg

If anyone here mentions Altoona style, imma tell you where to shove it

Hawaiian pizza is an afront to human decency

tumblr_pw8x1881W41w7qcw3o1_400.gifv

I've actually had it Tony's way, it's 🔥

Last edited:
I love local pizza places! My first experience with pizza was at a place called Tony's in Ogden, Utah. I was only 5 years old when my father introduced me to the owner, whom my father had worked with at the railroad. Here it is, 60 years later and I still frequent Tony's.

Of course the original owner has long passed on. For quite some time his daughter ran the place. I'm not sure who runs it now, but they have stayed true to the same items on the menu that was on it, as long as I can recall. One of the few places that offer green olives as a pizza topping. One of my favorites.

Another of my favorite local pizza places is Jack's in Logan Utah. Great tasting pizza. They source almost all their ingredients from local sources, including flour from a local organic mill, cheeses from local processing plants, etc.

In Chicago today. Eating this very moment my favorite pizza in the USA- Lou Malnati's.

Why- the high quality ingredients. "'Every Lou Malnati’s pizza is handmade from scratch using the finest and freshest ingredients. Every year, the Malnati team hand selects California vine-ripened tomatoes for the perfect sweet and tangy taste. The exclusive sausage blend is seasoned to our exact specifications. The fresh mozzarella cheese comes from the same small dairy that has supplied Lou Malnati’s for over 40 years. And our family’s secret recipe for flaky, buttery crust has been passed down from generation to generation. You’ll know with every bite that each pizza was made with care and special attention.""

PXL_20220523_005606168.jpg

Back