You can't fix stupid, but sometimes you can get a good laugh from it.

I hope this thread can grow for a long time with contributions of real life examples. So I will start with one.

Years ago while working 2 jobs I thought I would order some clothes from JC Penney and take advantage of their free shipping with a large order to save me the time of picking things up in person. Among the items ordered were a dozen tee-shirts XL-XT. What arrived were XL. These were regular length. I phoned them and explained the mixup, and that I wanted them to send me a return label and the correct size tee-shirts. The girl working their customer service said that I should not return them and keep them because XT is for people who are 6' 2" and taller. To which I explained I'm 6' 4 & 1/2". She assumed I was shorter than 6' 2", like she could tell my height over the phone.

You can't fix stupid, but sometimes you can get a good laugh from it.

Michigan man attends his suspended license trial via ZOOM while driving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The story gets better................he NEVER had a drivers license his entire life, in any state. The initial "can't fix stupid" evolves into a deranged person tale.

Last edited:
Michigan man attends his suspended license trial via ZOOM while driving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The story gets better................he NEVER had a drivers license his entire life, in any state. The initial "can't fix stupid" evolves into a deranged person tale.

No.

The wxyz story posted above isn’t the end of the story. As it turned out, what was rescinded and then reinstated was not his license but his “right to drive. “ He never had a license in any state. What he had was a Michigan non- driver ID.

That's the reason why I never buy clothing online.

If that happened to me years ago, I would have forgotten it by now and moved on.

I once saw a comedy routine filmed at a MacDonald's. A guy pretending to be blind has on dark glasses and is driving down the side of the store using a white cane to tap his way along the building. He pulls up to the order window where a young and obviously very dumb girl never questions a blind man driving. He asks her if they have a Braille menu and she responds with, "No but we have one with pictures."

I once saw a comedy routine filmed at a MacDonald's. A guy pretending to be blind has on dark glasses and is driving down the side of the store using a white cane to tap his way along the building. He pulls up to the order window where a young and obviously very dumb girl never questions a blind man driving. He asks her if they have a Braille menu and she responds with, "No but we have one with pictures."

Since he was pretending to be blind, her answer was perfect....

Back