Anchor and Westar Transmission mount - A review

I have a1989 Toyota Soarer, which uses the same engines, suspension and transmission as the MA70 mk3 Supra. I noticed my transmission mount sagging a lot, a total of 14mm. The standard for a new mount should only sag 6 to 8mm.
I checked the part number required for this mount 12371-70020 is discontinued by toyota. No old stock anywhere. So I ordered a Anchor 2410 and Westar 8218 from R.A for the Mk3 Supra.
The anchor cost 8 bucks and the Westar 19 bucks.
Comparing both of these parts against the OEM, the Anchor felt better(against Westar), eventhough it was obvious there are some obvious cost cutting measures.
The anchor had the same 6mm thickness metal with the OEM, but the Westar was only 3mm thick. The anchor bonded rubber was also softer and more pliant, but the Westar was very hard, felt like P.U.
When I pressed on the Westar, since it was 3mm thick only, the bracket flexed, while the Anchor did not.
So I removed the old OEM mount and tried to fit the anchor, but the V shape angle was slightly off , I tried the westar, same thing. Because the bending points and angle were incorrect, I couldnt fit the 2 left and right bolts on both sides of the V.
1710658540488.jpg

I think they can fit if I can bend those V sides a little and slot the holes upwards, but I am not going to bother , because I just found out that Toyota still makes this, but uses and older part number, 12371-42020. I should have checked this first, instead of assuming they didn't have the older part.
So in summary, only buy these if you really cannot get the OEM part, and be prepared to do some huffing and puffing on them.
I initiated a return process with R.A, but if they ask me to ship it back, I may decline as the shipping would be very expensive.

Looks to me to be a very weak design to begin with.

I have had the most problems with Anchor. I won't buy them. I wouldn't be surprised if RA doesn't request the old part back.

Looks to me to be a very weak design to begin with.

I have had the most problems with Anchor. I won't buy them. I wouldn't be surprised if RA doesn't request the old part back.
You are right, I just got an email and refund from rock auto, it seems they are closing out on the Anchor, but to me the Westar is worse.
Its such a shame since Anchor got it almost right, while it looked ok, I can only guess how long it would last. Thank God the OEM mount is available.
I think they let me have the refund without returning because .
1 . I ordered plenty of stuff from them over the years and this is the first time I requested a refund.
2. Other customers complained about the same issue with these parts.

So it's gonna be another 2 weeks before I get my car drivable again.
Looking at the design, I have a feeling toyota made this part this way, with a difficult to measure angle and holes on the slopes, so that the aftermarket will struggle to copy these parts.

~15 years ago on OBS Fords the only aftermarket mounts that fit for a brief while were Anchors. All the others had the holes wrong for one side.

But yeah, it's all bottom of the barrel Chinese stuff

Back