Ye Olde Timey AutoRX Thread (Yes, yet another)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Trav
Quote:
We believe that using synthetic, semi-synthetic, or high-mileage oil in high-mileage engines will weaken the seal material so that the seal loses its pliability

This doesn't sound right to me. Oil blenders formulate an oil for high mileage engines but its bad for high mileage engines?
The same website has a list of synthetic oils that are compatible because they are GRP III so what's the deal with that?

Softening seals then re hardening them with dino sounds a bit hocus pocus to me.

Trav, lets remember that it is auto-rx's belief that synthetic oil's are bad for seals under certain conditions, do they have any proof or tests to back up there claims, we shall see.

In most cases Rear main Seals or any other seals in our engines are probably hard as a brick or they are torn, the best advice is to just replace the seal.

If you have a car that is either 10 years old or has over 100,000 miles then there is almost a 100% chance that auto-rx will not rejuvinate your seals. JMO

Originally Posted By: PontiacFan
If you have a car that is either 10 years old or has over 100,000 miles then there is almost a 100% chance that auto-rx will not rejuvinate your seals. JMO

You could also say, if you have a car that has less than 100,000 miles or ten years on it, your seals do not need rejuvenating.

I have been using ARX for over 4 years now with great results in brand new engines. Even clean engines can see benefits from the maintenance program.

It is ABSOLUTELY harmless unless your engine is dirty and you forget to check the filter on a full fledged clean/rinse cycle.

Quote:
great results in brand new engines

What's the point in that? Please, statements like this insult not only the intelligence of the board members but the motor oil producers also by insinuating their products need to be re-enforced in some way with a aftermarket additive to perform properly in a clean or new engine or even an engine that has been maintained properly.

Quote:
Even clean engines can see benefits from the maintenance program.

Such as? Proof the product has any benefits above and beyond what a quality motor oil provides in a clean or new engine?

Please no idle fuel consumption claims without hard evidence and type of equipment used to ascertain real consumption verses sampling noise.
Please include the calibration data and conditions of the test if this is what you would like to claim as you have in the past.

I don't mean to sound like a hard case, its easy to make claims but have the proof to back them up.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
I have been using ARX for over 4 years now with great results in brand new engines. Even clean engines can see benefits from the maintenance program.

It is ABSOLUTELY harmless unless your engine is dirty and you forget to check the filter on a full fledged clean/rinse cycle.

So what you're trying to say is that this product actually makes cars BETTER than showroom new? Like what, they "run stronger?" You can "feel the difference?" The oil "looks really dark?"

Originally Posted By: badtlc

I have been using ARX for over 4 years now with great results in brand new engines.

You can get that from:

1) Pennzoil Ultra
2) Pennzoil Platinum
3) Mobil 1 Oil's
4) Amsoil Oil's

Can these results be proven, it sounds like you are giving us a 3rd party testimonial, can we see some kind of proof.

Quote:
Even clean engines can see benefits from the maintenance program

This sounds like an opinion, that is fine, but does auto-rx have any proof that there product can show any type of benefits.

Quote:
It is ABSOLUTELY harmless

That statement sounds like it will not do much cleaning. JMO

Quote:
unless your engine is dirty and you forget to check the filter on a full fledged clean/rinse cycle.

This statement tells me that auto-rx will break things off in chunks which will lead to the oil filter being clogged, which could also lead to the lifters getting plugged up, then the top end of the engine could have oil starvation which could eventually lead to premature wear or engine failure.

It really sounds like this miracle product that is supposed to clean up our engines could lead to a trip to the JUNKYARD.

I really think most members want an oil additive that will clean up our engines without us having to check our oil filters.

I am seeing more excuses from auto-rx whereas with other oil additives I am reading about positive results.

I am so glad I chose the oil additive that only costs about $4.00 a quart as opposed to the more expensive oil additive that just makes excuses. JMO

Don't post on bitog much (especially not in additives) since trading in the saab in early 09 that made me an arx user to begin with, but FWIW, it did give me better results than anything else I used. And before anyone posts it, yes, I'm listed as an arx moderator but a check of my post count there (3 or 4, maybe?) will reveal my interest in that excitement. I'm still working through a case of 20 or so bottles another member gave me for free after they decided it didn't do diddly for them. I've got no real need for it as all my Hondas (unlike their saab predecessors)all seem to run...and I came to the heretical conclusion a while back that erl is erl (relatively speaking) and I throw in 4 or so quarts of whatever I grab out of the ridiculous stash this site influenced me to accumulate.

Now, don't get me started on how important it is to scour the internet for deals on running shoes. And the boxes sure do stack better than oil.

Originally Posted By: BrianWC
Now, don't get me started on how important it is to scour the internet for deals on running shoes. And the boxes sure do stack better than oil.

Deals on running shoes you say. I just bought 6 pairs of glycerin 8's from RWarehouse. The 8's were on close out cause the 9's just came out. With coupon code, I paid half price. 6 pairs will last me until the 10's come out, then I will buy a years supply of the 9's for half price again. Been doing that for years now. BTW I will buy your auto-rx from you.

Last edited:
Lol I still just use it in sort of a maintenance mode. Just taking a long time when my Fit maint minder goes off every 12-14k, the ody's in 6-7k, and the low use crv only getting 2 oc's a year.

Myself I settled on the Trance 9. With the coupons at running warehouse, I was getting them for 50-something a pair. Since I just retired my first pair at 903 miles, I will be running in Trances about as long as I'll be using pre-Katrina motor oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back