Wrist Watches again?

Originally Posted by opus1
Originally Posted by Char Baby
Originally Posted by Malo83
Not into watches, only wear my $20. Casio to work.

That's OK, good to have you aboard. A $20 Casio will qualify.

As long as the name of your timepiece doesn't end in "phone" I think it qualifies.

laugh.gif
LOL
Originally Posted by pandus13
Originally Posted by Char Baby
Originally Posted by Malo83
Not into watches, only wear my $20. Casio to work.

That's OK, good to have you aboard. A $20 Casio will qualify.

I treated myself with 2 discount Invicta 200m/660Ft water resistant
Normally I wear an older than 10 years Swatch which I can remember how I got.
Still eyeing some Swiss/Vixtorinox. One can only dream.

You can do it!
smile.gif

I like the Victorinox Airboss automatic line. Although I have some quartz watches, I prefer automatic/mechanical watches and is all I'll buy. After 45+ years of collecting watches, I still can't get enough.

Last edited:
As a cabinetmaker, my son had to give me this Earth watch. I wear it sometimes but just a Timex is all I wear everyday.
[Linked Image]

I am trying my hand at replacing a movement in my wifes watch. I got the crown/stem out successfully so i think i'm good when the movement arrives. Its a cheap movement. Its an ISA k83 for a Sturling womans watch.

Originally Posted by talest
but I am considering that Timex I posted, with the nice clean numbers.

Speaking of nice clean numbers, this inexpensive Casio diver style quartz watch that I posted earlier is hard to beat. Very clean layout, bright white, thick large font. Visibility is great, and usable rotating bezel is a plus, as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005JVP0LE

You can often find it for around $15-$16.

It's about the same size as that AQS800W.

Originally Posted by spasm3
I am trying my hand at replacing a movement in my wifes watch. I got the crown/stem out successfully so i think i'm good when the movement arrives. Its a cheap movement. Its an ISA k83 for a Sturling womans watch.

Got the new movement. The hardest part of this is getting the second hand back on!!

Cost was $12.34 + $3.95 shipping.

IMG_20190528_221758665.jpg

IMG_20190528_222150831.jpg

IMG_20190528_222401107.jpg

IMG_20190528_223124186.jpg

IMG_20190528_223148854.jpg

IMG_20190528_224018798.jpg

IMG_20190528_231105410.jpg

IMG_20190528_231550512.jpg

Last edited:
I'm wearing my 2009 Citizen Eco-Drive now and have a new Hamilton Viewmatic automatic watch with the see-thru back. I'm going backwards in technology and I'd really like to find a nice vintage Omega or Rolex but the prices now are too high (for the Rolex anyways).

I sent my Rolex off for service back in October, and it finally came back to me this weekend. It's running perfectly and looks like new!

Hopefully I'm good for another 10 years. Unfortunately, Rolex is discontinuing independent access to 3035 movement pars, so its next service will be at Rolex and not an independent.

My wife bought me a Luminox for Christmas. I like it, but I don't daily it unless there's zero chance of me damaging it at work, home etc.

I have a Casio she bought me a few years ago for that and it looks it too. I'm hard on watches sadly.

Last edited:
I sent my Rolex off for service back in October, and it finally came back to me this weekend. It's running perfectly and looks like new!

Hopefully I'm good for another 10 years. Unfortunately, Rolex is discontinuing independent access to 3035 movement pars, so its next service will be at Rolex and not an independent.
rolex 3035, that is a nice caliber. Serviced few of those in the past. I am sure your watchmaker wil be able to source those needed parts in 10 years time. Trafficking of Rolex parts is quite common among indy watchmakers...

Back