Would you use this filter?

his is a Royal Purple cartridge filter for my Camry. I've been using these for years and this is the first imperfect one I've encountered.
Where did you buy this filter from? Go exchange it for a better looking one if you can, or use another brand.

I’ve cut open several used Fram Endurance filters that look similar. Sloppy construction with glue everywhere, funky seam and badly cut threads. I no longer use them.
Got a picture of Fram Endurance filters that look as you describe?

I'd be sufficiently curious to call RP technical support and ask them if this at a minimum cosmetic shortcoming was reflective of their CHAMP’s standard workmanship or if there's another explanation and if this is an example of an outlier.
FIFY… RP doesn’t make these, Champion Labs does (along with the Endurance filters)-and, unfortunately, First Brands has been mucking things up.

Got a picture of Fram Endurance filters that look as you describe?
Unfortunately no. It’s been over a year that I’ve been finding and using OG Titaniums. I do believe there is a recent post that had one with bad threads. I’ll try to find it.

FIFY… RP doesn’t make these, Champion Labs does (along with the Endurance filters)-and, unfortunately, First Brands has been mucking things up.
I'd still talk to RP because they chose their supplier and they bear responsibility for the product they sell. If you were to complain to Champion they'll probably pass the buck to RP.

Back