Thinking of Changing Filter to Fram Endurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
I've been using the TRD and Royal Purple filters for my 2011 Camry. They're getting a little spendy and I have looked at and heard good things about the Endurance which, the last time I looked, was almost half the price of the filters I'm now using. While saving $$ is good, I won't switch unless the Endurance is a good filter. By that I mean a strongly built filter that also filters well.

Any comments about the Endurance would be welcome especially as it pertains to use in the Camry. This is the Fram recommended filter:

Comments? I have one ...

There are already a LOT of threads about the FE filters. Why start another one? Can't you use the search function and read what already exists?
Yes, there are some threads and posts about the Endurance, but I saw nothing that compared the Fram to the TRD and the Royal Purple for my car, which is my interest. Perhaps I missed something. I'm not always the best searcher. I did find a conversation about the Endurance for the 2AR-FE (my engine) but it was comparing the Fram to a Wix.

Why not stick with the OEM? How spendy are we talking? A few bucks on an OCI is nothing compared to piece of mind.

Is your plan to use less expensive oil as well?

Just my $0.02

Why not stick with the OEM? How spendy are we talking? A few bucks on an OCI is nothing compared to piece of mind.

Is your plan to use less expensive oil as well?

Just my $0.02

The price difference the last time I looked was about $12.00 - $13.00., about double the cost of the Fram. As I said, I won't switch unless the Endurance is a good filter. I've been using TRD and RP almost since I bought the car, and they are quite a bit more than OEM. So, it ain't money. It's about finding quality that satisfies me and getting good value.

As for using less expensive oil, well, maybe you've not seen my sig. I've been using M1 EP and will be switching to HPL. I already have the HPL oil, and I'm just waiting to use my remaining cache of M1, which will be after the next oil change.

I've been using the TRD and Royal Purple filters for my 2011 Camry. They're getting a little spendy and I have looked at and heard good things about the Endurance which, the last time I looked, was almost half the price of the filters I'm now using. While saving $$ is good, I won't switch unless the Endurance is a good filter. By that I mean a strongly built filter that also filters well.

Any comments about the Endurance would be welcome especially as it pertains to use in the Camry. This is the Fram recommended filter:

What OCI are you following?

The Fram Endurance is 99+% @ 20u and larger, like the Ultra and Titanuim, but rated for 25K miles (5K more than the Ultra or Titanium). The FE is wire backed and is basically a Royal Purple in a Fram can, but costs less than the RP. This has been discussed in many FE threads in this forum.

Yes, there are some threads and posts about the Endurance, but I saw nothing that compared the Fram to the TRD and the Royal Purple for my car, which is my interest. Perhaps I missed something. I'm not always the best searcher. I did find a conversation about the Endurance for the 2AR-FE (my engine) but it was comparing the Fram to a Wix.
Then by all means, rather than ask someone to do your dirty work for you ...
Why not buy all three, cut them open and post your results here.
Why ask when you can learn, know and inform?

Further, given that Toyota engines generally last nearly-forever (with rare exception, and typically even ones that use the "normal" filters from any brand), I'm going to have to say you're fussin' over stuff that really won't matter. What's more likely here?
- your 2011 Camry rots from rust or is totaled in a wreck
- your 2011 Camry engine seizes because you didn't run the best-of-the-best oil filter?

You're over-thinking it. That's OK; it's the BITOG way. But perhaps it's time for some perspective? The FE filter is pretty much the top of the Fram brand line; it will do anything a TRD or RP filter would do and your engine would NEVER, EVER know the difference between any of them.

BTW, if you'd just search "Fram Endurance" in the search tool, you'd see there are already more than TEN PAGES of threads about the Endurance. Am I supposed to believe you've read all those threads, and still cannot make up your mind about the FE on your Camry? If you cannot find out what you want to know from those, then there's no helping you here.

Last edited:
Toyota uses Denso oil filters as their standard filter which has rock catcher level efficiency and yet Toyotas are known to last hundreds of thousands of miles with those. You are way overthinking this. Get the Fram Endurance (which is a RP and Amsoil rebadge), install and laugh all the way to the bank on the money you are saving.

The price difference the last time I looked was about $12.00 - $13.00., about double the cost of the Fram. As I said, I won't switch unless the Endurance is a good filter. I've been using TRD and RP almost since I bought the car, and they are quite a bit more than OEM. So, it ain't money. It's about finding quality that satisfies me and getting good value.

As for using less expensive oil, well, maybe you've not seen my sig. I've been using M1 EP and will be switching to HPL. I already have the HPL oil, and I'm just waiting to use my remaining cache of M1, which will be after the next oil change.
Shel, do you run an annual oil change or bi-annual? This is a cartridge loader correct? Not a spin-on canister? I would say the proper fit and included gasket set would be a primary concern.

Check out the newest post titled "17,185 mi Fram Endurance FE7317 cut open".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back