Thinking of Changing Filter to Fram Endurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="I You must be new here.

/checks profile

June 2023

yup :LOL::love:
[/QUOTE]
OEM Denso has worked for me in owning several high mileage Toyotas over the years.
At nearly 1/3 of the price of the Fram, I just dont see the argument unless you're planning on using it for extended oil changes and need an extended life filter. Shel who drives like 5,000 miles a year doesn't likely need one of these in his white Camry. Likely a Supertech, TG or OEM Denso would work great for his application.

OEM Denso has worked for me in owning several high mileage Toyotas over the years.
At nearly 1/3 of the price of the Fram, I just dont see the argument unless you're planning on using it for extended oil changes and need an extended life filter. Shel who drives like 5,000 miles a year doesn't likely need one of these in his white Camry. Likely a Supertech, TG or OEM Denso would work great for his application.
But, it's a Camry. It needs to have the b3sT!

I've been using the TRD and Royal Purple filters for my 2011 Camry. They're getting a little spendy and I have looked at and heard good things about the Endurance which, the last time I looked, was almost half the price of the filters I'm now using. While saving $$ is good, I won't switch unless the Endurance is a good filter. By that I mean a strongly built filter that also filters well.

Any comments about the Endurance would be welcome especially as it pertains to use in the Camry. This is the Fram recommended filter:

The new theme on Bitog, I want the best but I do not want to pay for the best, and I want the best at a cheaper price. Meaning, is this other cheaper Oil Filter as good as the more expensive Oil Filter.

Unless I am wrong, but from my limited understanding both the Royal Purple and Fram Endurance Oil Filter have the same Media.

Now, you do have a cartridge Oil Filter, but on my Desk I have a Royal Purple 20-820 Oil Filter and a Fram Synthetic Endurance FE2 Oil Filter and that Royal Purple is looking awesome. Then again, when you are driving, you cannot look at the Oil Filter.

Both Oil Filters have the same Media, meaning the Royal Purple and the Fram Endurance, for your Application, use whatever is cheaper.

I doubt you will ever notice a difference in the engines life which ever filter that is used, unless it catastrophically fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back