Completely done with Fram products from here on out.

So I went to change the oil on my wife’s odyssey, idea was to install a Fram endurance 7317 filter. Thing was, starter thread is completely messed up. This is the second endurance filter in the last 6 months that I’ve encountered like this. This is the straw that broke the camels back. Had to run to oreily to pick up a good old wix filter. I wanted to like these filters but I’m done. Pictures attached for reference, oem blue honda vs. the Fram:

IMG_4628.jpeg

IMG_4629.jpeg

I must say I’ve had to clean up the threads on a couple FE7317’s myself. I’m still finding OG Fram Titaniums at AAP which have been pristine.

Buy a box full off Rock Auto, for multiple vehicles, from same warehouse to decrease shipping cost. Inspect when they arrive. Always inspect parts when you receive them instead of waiting till you're about to put them on, including all the (supposed to be included) little nuts bolts clips gaskets etc.

As much as I'd like to just file that little thing away with a round file, it is on the clean side of the filter. I wouldn't trust myself to get all the shavings.

Reactions: pbm
Yes but quality control should be better on the oem. After all, you might sell two or three aftermarket filters to any one customer but you may sell a million oem filters to one customer.
True, but said OEM will demand a cost saving annually, and threaten to shop the entire business to all the competitors at a moments notice.

Having said that Walmart continues to give Fram the most shelf space, so clearly no one is complaining except us few here.

Yes but quality control should be better on the oem. After all, you might sell two or three aftermarket filters to any one customer but you may sell a million oem filters to one customer.

Walmart buys more filters from Fram than Honda does :unsure:

Back