Would you all like to see ISO 4548-12 Oil Filter Lab Testing Comparison, Efficiency & Capacity, Pressure vs Flow, Bubble Point, and Burst?

You keep quoting parts of post again and again and again...

For some reason...

That is odd..

To be fair to the OP you keep repeating the same thing over and over again.

Now again... Time and actions will tell the story here.

Okay... We... Get... It...

Let's let them have the time to perform the actions 👍

I don't think their "too funny fellas" comment was in reference to their website but rather to the backstory on the aforementioned BITOG drama they asked the fellas to fill them in on.
Yes, it could have been taken that way, hard to say for sure.

To be fair to the OP you keep repeating the same thing over and over again.

Okay... We... Get... It...

Let's let them have the time to perform the actions 👍

For good reason....

This individual is acting strange...

And... When asked a easy to answer, obvious and direct question by kschachn....

Gave an evasive and non answer the first time... And had to be redirected to actually answer a easy question.

That... Good bad or indifferent... Just is not confidence building.

Will add and say this... This is a difficult medium to utilize at times.

I would be very, very pleased to see positive results here. In fact it would be awesome.

Last edited:
I apologize, not sure why. I hit the reply for my email link then the reply. For some reason it is putting them in. I must be hitting something wrong.

Ahh that is possible...

I am thinking that is possible.

I am sorry about that too.

This typing msg thing can be a very difficult medium.

For good reason....

This individual is acting strange...

And... When asked a obvious and direct question by kschachn....

Gave a evasive and non answer the first time... And had to be redirected to actually answer a easy question.

That... Good bad or indifferent... Just is not confidence building.

Perhaps it might be best for @Ascent Filtration Testing to let us know what they decide as far as the testing parameters are concerned and when the results can be expected to be shared. They asked us for our opinions and they certainly got that and then some.

It is now up to them to carry out the subject testing in good faith and report the outcome. There's no sense in talking ourselves in circles because of skepticism. If there is anything else that they would like to request from our online community please let it be known and then let's start looking forward to this opportunity to learn more about a subject we're all interested in :)

@Ascent Filtration Testing ... it's natural for people to be leery, and if you're legitimate or not will come out soon enough. I hope you are legitimate and able to do some ISO 4548 filter testing for all to see.

^^^^^^^^^

This is exactly the way I see it...

It would be tremendously great to have someone with the ability, time, knowledge and experience, materials and effort to do this....

Ahh that is possible...

I am thinking that is possible.

I am sorry about that too.

This typing msg thing can be a very difficult medium.
No need to apologize sir. Context of test can easily be lost in translation. Feel free to look up my company and give me a call during the week. Let me know it's you and we can share a good laugh. Ask for Andrew

No need to apologize sir. Context of test can easily be lost in translation. Feel free to look up my company and give me a call during the week. Let me know it's you and we can share a good laugh. Ask for Andrew

Very, very cool man.

I will take you up on that.

I do appreciate your time and effort on here. Seriously. And thank you for being cool about this stuff.

Perhaps it might be best for @Ascent Filtration Testing to let us know what they decide as far as the testing parameters are concerned and when the results can be expected to be shared. They asked us for our opinions and they certainly got that and then some.

It is now up to them to carry out the subject testing in good faith and report the outcome. There's no sense in talking ourselves in circles because of skepticism. If there is anything else that they would like to request from our online community please let it be known and then let's start looking forward to this opportunity to learn more about a subject we're all interested in :)
Yes, I will get back to all you guys next week with the testing parameters after I have had more time to think about and calculate them.

I am thinking about running lab tests for an OEM and four aftermarket filters for testing for a Chevy truck.
Usually filters for Chevy trucks will not have a bypass valve. Testing filers without a bypass valve would give a better indication of the media performance by taking out any chance that a filter might have a leaky bypass valve.

Usually filters for Chevy trucks will not have a bypass valve. Testing filers without a bypass valve would give a better indication of the media performance by taking out any chance that a filter might have a leaky bypass valve.
What do you mean ? … we have covered the higher pressure setting for the 5.3L for example …

What do you mean ? … we have covered the higher pressure setting for the 5.3L for example …
Has nothing to do with the bypass setting. It's either test filters with a bypass valve or ones without a bypass valve. IMO, testing filters without a bypass valve (ie, the whole group of test filters specified for the same engine) makes more sense because it takes out any risk of a possible leaky bypass valve skewing the performance of the media in the test.

Has nothing to do with the bypass setting. It's either test filters with a bypass valve or ones without a bypass valve. IMO, testing filters without a bypass valve (ie, the whole group of test filters specified for the same engine) makes more sense because it takes out any risk of a possible leaky bypass valve skewing the performance of the media in the test.
Regardless they have it … read what you posted wrt Chevy trucks …

Regardless they have it … read what you posted wrt Chevy trucks …
Depends on what engine. Many Chevy engines (cars and trucks) have the filter bypass built into the engine block, and the oil filter doesn't have a bypass valve.

Depends on what engine. Many Chevy engines (cars and trucks) have the filter bypass built into the engine block, and the oil filter doesn't have a bypass valve.
Many since when ? I have owned them all since the 80’s and still do - cut them all.
Those valves serve different functions and you know it.
Some factory filters have base end and replacement have dome end.
Why test what nobody is buying ?

Back