Reasons for Oil Consumption

PImTac why do you care? New members either get scolded by members like you for bring up an old thread or starting a new thread on a old topic ?
I for one will read daily generated posts rather then dig through the thousands on this forum. So occasionally when someone dusts off an old thread it at times catches my interest. I read the first post and didn't realize until I saw your BS that it was an old thread! :mad:

PImTac why do you care? New members either get scolded by members like you for bring up an old thread or starting a new thread on a old topic ?
I for one will read daily generated posts rather then dig through the thousands on this forum. So occasionally when someone dusts off an old thread it at times catches my interest. I read the first post and didn't realize until I saw your BS that it was an old thread! :mad:

The same could be said for you too. In the meantime, bugger off.

The same could be said for you too. In the meantime, bugger off.
Not the same thing. I write direct and to the point call things for what they are, you IMHO don't and fool some of the members some of the time. You realize that once a member responds in a thread as you did this one it is not likely the thread will come back to life . What you have effectively done is made those that posted in this thread and indirectly warned not to post because why, its an old thread. I might point out that there are a couple of active but very old thread that are responded to frequently? Why aren't you telling those that post its an old thread? You don't make the rules and second you don't own this forum. I might point out this forum needs revenue and active new members s to stay active.
so bugger off.

Last edited:
There is a huge difference between a old but active thread and one that was dormant for years or even decades like this one suddenly getting resurrected.

With constant changes in the automotive and oil industries, some things that were said 15+ years ago don’t apply to modern vehicles.

There is a huge difference between a old but active thread and one that was dormant for years or even decades like this one suddenly getting resurrected.

With constant changes in the automotive and oil industries, some things that were said 15+ years ago don’t apply to modern vehicles.
Really maybe you should read the first post again?
Your comment only supports more of what I have learned about you as a member here! ;)

Looking back at #31 regarding use of oil with a viscosity that is too light and the fact that Ford specs 5w20, it makes sense that Ford says up to a quart in 1000 miles is normal.
My truck made it 110 thousand miles and 20 years on 5 w 20 mobil 1 with zero oil loss.. so that weight can be fine.

My truck suddenly used 3 quarts in 3000 miles over 11 months.. no drips.. so maybe my luck ran out. Still trying to document and figure stuff out.

all oils thin as they get over the 100C spec, some more than others + todays DI "may" fill in gas while you are using some oil!!

Back