Would you all like to see ISO 4548-12 Oil Filter Lab Testing Comparison, Efficiency & Capacity, Pressure vs Flow, Bubble Point, and Burst?

This is great. I saw that you use Medium Dust, is Fine an option?

I think most users are in agreement that most of the filters will do fine for >30 micron particles. Where the data starts to get scarcer is at the smaller,
Looks like about 60% of the particles are below 20u in the medium ISO dust. IMO, I think it would be OK to use, especially if some of these filters are going to be around 50% efficient at 20u

Well as far as usefulness of a burst/collapse for us regular people, that is a good question. I have heard arguments for military applications, racing, off road, and mud bogging, but none for regular drivers. I would love to hear any thoughts on this.
I am in a unique spot as a third party filter testing lab. I want to help us regular drivers get the most out of their vehand clear some things up, and help manufacturers achieve better performance.
Perhaps more pressure vs flow could be done instead of collapse, that's a very valid point.
The testing you want to see is the holy grail for drivers, and many manufacturers as well. I do have to put food on the table, however I would love to do all of what you propose.
I agree that the burst testing would be a waste of time in this case. Efficiency and flow vs pressure drop are the data most people here are interested in.

The other thing is the side test I mentioned earlier to verify if the test results are drastically skewed if the same brand/model filter is tested with all factors constant except the particle concentration level - so taking much longer for the filter to load up. Will the efficiency be drastically different if the filter is loaded much faster than not.

Looks like about 60% of the particles are below 20u in the medium ISO dust. IMO, I think it would be OK to use, especially if some of these filters are going to be around 50% efficient at 20u

A wild goose chase was started here several years ago.... From a "supposed inside expert" from a highly known filter manufacturer.

It was quality entertainment that resulted.

A wild goose chase was started here several years ago.... From a "supposed inside expert" from a highly known filter manufacturer.

It was quality entertainment that resulted.
Go search for the OPs business website ... it's there.

Saying they work for blah blah blah blah...

And say whatever they want to say... And sound very, very, very convincing...

And it all be a big Tom foolery game going on.

The guy who said he "supposedly worked at Purolator"....

And that cat had lots and lots and lots of "believers" on here...

The guy who said he "supposedly worked at Purolator"....

And that cat had lots and lots and lots of "believers" on here...

Ahhh, OK, was gonna say, lol. I didn't recall Jay doing anything misleading.

Wasn't that guy going to investigate the tearing issue or something and then radio silence?

That cat made all kinds of false accusations....

None of which were true or ever happened...

Claiming he had worked there and the rest of his Tom foolery...

Given that your introduction was as short as “I am thinking”, I am thinking that replying to the previous question posted by @kschachn would be beneficial to @BITOG.

To funny fellas! I will have to check it out. I have worked very hard for my filter testing business and take pride in it. Just some good old fashion boots on the ground feed back from people just like me that care about our engines and take care of them.

Back