Worth it to buy EBC Greenstuff over Ultimax2/Blackstuff for a daily driver? NOS on ebay

Normally, EBC Greenstuff costs a lot more than the Ultimax Blackstuff, but there is a NOS listing on eBay for a set of Greenstuff for much less than the Ultimax 2. About $25. Regular price of the Greenstuff is $100, while the Blackstuff goes for $70.

I am a big fan of the OE replacement Ultimax2, but maybe the Greenstuff is worth a try at a good price.

Daily driving conditions, city and highway, ambient temperatures from 0-100 F.

I regret not buying a NOS set of Ultimax pads I saw on eBay last year (they were under $20), but I didn't need them at the time!

So, how is EBC Greenstuff for a daily driver? :unsure:

They will be paired with Powerstop coated rotors.

I've found EBC green to be excellent but best with a solid rotor. Drilled/slotted eats em up (and I used EBC rotors). I liked EBS a lot but have found Power Stop to be really good for much less coin. This is on 2015 F150 and 2017 Subaru. Rock Auto has Power Stop for good prices.

real or fake product?

it looks old, like old stock, so it's probably real :unsure: :cautious:

The Ultimax I passed on last year were from goodwill. The Greenstuff that is the topic of this OP is from a car accessories store.

I've never experienced a daily driver application where OEM or Raybestos Element 3 we not completely adequate.
Both are readily available from reputable sellers.

No need for the Ebay authenticity crapshoot.

What is the application? Some cars have very good brakes from get-go. I would not use them on BMW for example (I use their Yellow Stuff for the track on that car). But on my minivan, Green Stuff was an excellent improvement.

What is the application? Some cars have very good brakes from get-go. I would not use them on BMW for example (I use their Yellow Stuff for the track on that car). But on my minivan, Green Stuff was an excellent improvement.

It's an older Subaru

I had Green Stuff pads on my Pajero, which were a step above the better-than-OEM Ultimax2, and I had no issues with brake dust or noise. The Ultimax2 didn't really dust at all, while the Green Stuff did ever so slightly. They also had a relatively decent service life; I got a little over 110,000 km (68,750 mi) out of them. Only reason I don't have them on anymore is because I upgraded to Yellow Stuff pads, which definitely dusts considerably more, but in exchange, feels like you got a boat anchor when you hit the brakes.

I've never experienced a daily driver application where OEM or Raybestos Element 3 we not completely adequate.

What is your location? What type of roads are you often driving on? Can make a huge difference.

What is your location? What type of roads are you often driving on? Can make a huge difference.

I am squarely in the middle of the rust belt. That said I have a more positive opinion of road conditions here than most. Take that for what it's worth.

I am squarely in the middle of the rust belt. That said I have a more positive opinion of road conditions here than most. Take that for what it's worth.

New England/NY where lots of crummy roads and hills are the norm. Here, a more robust set of brakes that come as OEM on most DD's is a benefit. Especially on a 1/2 ton or higher type pickup.

Back